Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A little recipe for ya...

Good morning to all! I don't know how the weather is where you are, but here in GA it is NASTY! A friend of mine and I got up this morning at 5:00 to go to the gym and it was POURING! I mean BAD! :) (Can we say dedication!!) Yes we can! It was rough but it is very nice to know I have my afternoon to take care of some errands I need to run!
So, I am on this kick of cooking these fun/different meals for my husband. He loves everything (well almost) so he is not hard to please where dinner is concerned. So I usually search the internet daily looking for new fun recipes and yesterday I found like 10 I will be making over the next couple of weeks. But I wanted to share one I made him last night... I wouldn't have thought it was this great and wonderful thing but, he said (and I quote) "This might be the best thing I have ever eaten!" I was so proud to hear that :)
Now I can't testify as to how it was because well... I am one of the pickiest eaters you will ever meet. I mean it is ridiculous. That is actually a good post for another time, but lets just say... my husband and I rarely eat the same thing for dinner. I am usually eating a salad watching him eat the fun things I make. But it doesn't bother me one bit... well... it kinda does. I get on my own nerves sometimes about how picky I am! Anyway... the recipe is called "Saucy Baked Pork Chops" and I will tell you they smelled REALLY good. The ingredients did sound questionable to me, but turns out, all together they are FAB (according to my husband)!
Ok so here you go and if you try it you have to let me know how you or your husband liked it!

Here's what you need:
- 4 to 6 sirloin chops, boneless or bone-in
- seasoned salt and pepper
- olive oil, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Creamy Ranch Dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bold and spicy mustard


Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chops; put in skillet, in batches if necessary, and brown quickly on both sides. Remove to a baking dish lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
To the hot skillet, add chopped onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until onions are browned and just tender. Add chicken broth to the pan. Stir together Ranch dressing and mustard; add to broth. Let the mixture boil for a minute; pour over chops in baking dish.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours.Serves 4 to 6.


NOTE: I served it with lemon/garlic broccoli (which he also said was quite tastey!) I will tell you... to cut down on time... I cooked the pork chops til they were pretty much done on top of the stove. Took about 10 minutes. And I also cooked it on 400 degrees. My husband commented on how tender they were. I guess it was the juices from the sauce! I would say total to make the entire dish from start til my husband devoured it... probably took about 35 minutes.
Good luck! :)

2 comments:

A Belle and her Beau said...

yummy!!! I will try these next week. keep the recipes coming :)

Jeannine said...

Heyyyyyyyyy! Recipe sounds great, but let's not complain about the weather! After last year, I'm really trying to never complain about rain again! Of course, I am much older and the weather doesn't affect me like it used to! It doesn't rain on my sofa! LOL