Friday, September 26, 2008

8 minutes and I am out!

Well ladies we made it through another week. Thank goodness. :) Yesterday I was on top of blogging (3 I think), however, today... a work event has held me back (damn work!) It's ok though, in 8 minutes I am off to shop til I drop with my mom. My husband is in St. Simon on a bachelor party (oh me!) so my mom came in town last night so I don't have to stay by myself, not that I mind "by myself time" but I miss my "mom and me time." We haven't had any alone bonding time at least since I got married, so I am taking full advantage of spending time with my BFF/Mom! Last night I cooked us dinner and forced her to watch all my shows. Bless her, she didn't complain one time, she just asked a lot of questions (Can you imagine how I had to explain Grey's-yeah it was REALLY difficult!) But it's ok, she's so fabulous, I don't mind! This morning, I came on to work while she took my precious Dansby (shih tzu) to get a haircut. Let me digress one moment to explain his hair cuts...

Ok, he is so difficult to groom because he doesn't like it when strangers touch his face and feet. HE WILL BITE YOU! So I used to have to take him to the vet, they knocked him out (with an $80 pill or shot) then we would go and have his haircut for $35. Boo on that $115 haircut. Hell mine is only $30. So I finally found a place that takes him, puppy cuts are $55. Yeah still FREAKIN ridiculous! So I go to pick him up after his first cut there and they say "Ummm, we have to charge you a 20% difficulty fee!" WHAT, difficulty fee. They should have called, but still it's only $66, half of what I did pay. So I don't' complain too much. Anyway so my precious baby boy (not so much baby as 5 years old) got him a nice little $66 haircut. I hope he looks good.

Back to shopping :) Ok well it's 2:00 and I am still bloggin'! I gotta get outta here and go home and change. My mom and I are off to Auburn to hit up some of my favorite shops from college. Then tomorrow we will be driving to Atlanta so I can go to H&M for the very first time. It's new and I am so freakin pumped!!!!!!!!! :) Then we will stop off at Lenox Mall and Phipps and gather some goodies! I can't wait. We always have the best time shopping... and did I mention that this is my "birthday present" from my mom???? Whooooooooooooooooo! Girls weekend officially begins :)

Y'all ladies have a great weekend. I will "talk to" you all Monday!

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

It's so awesome that you are close to your mom. My mom is my BFF too! Have a great weekend!

SouthernAccent said...

Yes yes, how dare work get in the way of blogging! Have a fun weekend!!!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i am spending the weekend with my mom, too!!! have a great weekend!

Andi said...

Have fun with your Mom!! H & M has some really cute scarves right now.

morewineplease said...

That sounds like a very FABULOUS weekend! Have fun!

Petunia said...

Have fun with your Mommy!

That is so crazy about the $66 haircut for your pooch!!

southern daze said...

What a fun way to spend the weekend! I wish my mom lived closer (she's in CA, I'm in LA) so we could have mom/daughter weekends filled with bonding time and shopping sprees!

Hope you have a fantastic time!

p.s. I took the plunge today and now have bangs!! Couldn't let you be the only one. Will post pics soon.

Mrs. Forever said...

I love hearing from other girls who are close to their Mom! My mom is my BFF and confidante in everything. I really hope if/when I have a daughter we can have such a great relationship!

Have a great weekend - cherish it!

Kitty Cat said...

My mom is also my best friend in the whole world, it's great to hear you're as close to yours! Hope your weekend was super! Such a nice girly post!

Vineyard Vogue said...

Aww mom time is the best! Have a great weekend!

E.B. in Tennessee said...

Hey, there! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm enjoying yours and looking forward to visiting again :)
Hope you have a great time with your mom -- sure do wish I got to see mine more often!

Pharmacist Erin said...

Mom and daughter relationships are the best. My husband doesn't understand how i can talk on the phone for 2 hours with her about random stuff. Have a great weekend!

Being Brazen said...

Have a fabulous weekend with your mom.

Enjoy H& M - I just love that store.