Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bangs...Or No Bangs??? That is the question!

First off... let me say that I realize whether or not to keep my bangs is a minute problem today, as today we REMEMBER 9/11. What a tragic day that was 7 years ago. I will never forget that day, EVER. It is a scary thing to look back on... Let us all thank God that we live in a free country and let us thank the men and women that serve our country so that we may be free. God Bless America and I for one am, PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!
So before we got married (April 12, 2008) I was DYING to cut some really cute straight across, old school bangs, but I didn't let myself because I was wearing my hair pulled back out of my face for our wedding. I had seen them in some magazines (I think Reese Witherspoon helped with my final decision) and decided I needed something different. My hair is LONG and was getting boring to me! Well, I think maybe one day back from our honeymoon, I called my hair stylist and went over and we cut some really cute bangs; which I have loved and adored (and trimmed every 3 seconds it feels like) for almost 5 months now.... But now I am trying to decide what to do about them. And what better way to decide than to have my blogger friends help :) So I am posting two pre-bangs pictures and two current "bangy" pictures!

Let me know which way you think I should go! Keep the bangs... or NO!



ME...PRE-BANGS!!!

This is me and my wonderful roommate (before I was married) Shelley

Shell-bell, me and hubby


ME...POST BANGS!!!


Me and Hubby out with friends!


Me and hubby bowling :)

14 comments:

southern daze said...

I probably shouldn't be weighing in since I'm currently facing the same dilemma, although I've yet to be brave enough to tell my stylist to cut them in. I think you look adorable with both. Was one style easier than the other? Did one make you feel like you had more "good hair days" vs "bad hair days?"

I realize this may not be helping but I've learned that whatever your gut is telling you to do, is what you should do.

Belle of the Ball said...

I like the bangs! You look super chic with them!

Tracy said...

This won't help because honestly I think you look great both ways!

I say do what southern daze said and pick the one that is easier for you.

Petunia said...

You look absolutely beautiful either way, so it won't matter much.
But, if I had to choose then I like the no-bangs style better. It's a little more sophisticated and you've got great hair so why not? Save the bangs for when you have little children running around and you don't have time to style!

Mrs. Forever said...

You look great either way! I think southern daze had it right - go with the one that is easier to deal with on the mornings you are running late.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

both are gorgeous on you, but i'm jealous of anyone that can pull off real bangs. and you can! i think they are so sleek and really set you apart. i love the bangs!

Elizabeth said...

Both are great on you! I've always wanted to have bangs and my hair just doesn't agree ... not many people can pull them off like you! Keep them! :)

A Belle and her Beau said...

I LOVE the bangs ... they are very YOU :)

morewineplease said...

Girl you are beautiful either way! I cannot do bangs... but if you like it go for it.. its hair, it grows!

NewlywedCentral said...

Hey! I guess it depends on the look you are going for -- You look very glamorous and sexy without and young and fun with -- So... just depends on what YOU want :)

NewlywedCentral said...

p.s. -- I've been wondering the same question about myself, but I've never had bangs to know what I'd look like! (well... except when I was 7) lol

preppy little dress said...

god question, either style works! i haven't had bang since i was young!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I like you with and without bangs!

Lyndsy said...

The bangs look great! I love them!!!