Monday, September 8, 2008

HOBO... This is a must have!

So I want to make all of my blog friends aware of some serious AMAZING-NESS! It is called a HOBO and I am pretty sure the "H" stands for "Heaven" but not sure about the rest :) (haha-joke-I know it doesn't I am just thinking this is the most "heavenly" wallet I have ever seen!)

I first saw this popular find while shopping in a boutique. There was a girl in front of me that was paying and she whipped hers out... and I was immediately DYING to have it. I wanted so bad to say "Where did you get that, I have to have one!" But before I could say anything the store owner asked her, "Is that a HOBO?" I thought, "HOBO, what the hell is that?" Then they continued talking about it and I felt dumb that I hadn't ever heard of that. Because according to their conversation it is the HOT thing right now. Now, I follow trends like you wouldn't believe, even though sometimes-or most times) I can't afford the hot/in thing, I can usually find some knock-off or close version of it :) Hence the $2,200 Michael Kors dress I want so bad I can taste it. I am currently looking for a less expensive version of this... I AM DYING FOR IT!!! See here or below :)

You can sigh now :) Ahhhh!

Ok, now that I have gotten off subject, let me come back :) Anyway, after eavesdropping on their conversation :) I found out more about it... I overheard the girl say she paid $125 for hers. At first I thought, hmmm... a wallet for $125, or I could go get a cute dress (not Michael Kors)!! That's really not that bad of a price, but come on... a wallet is a wallet right? WRONG! This thing is freakin' amazing! I mean hello...it's a HOBO International (yeah that didn't mean anything to me either at the time!) There's so many compartments to this little wallet. So here's what I have found out...

Apparently, the line of wallet I am coveting is called Frame. "Frame wallets are hinged and structured to provide easy access and a secure closure. They feature built in money and credit card holders, as well as a zip change pocket. " And the exact wallet is called the "Lauren." Now, why is this so fabulous... here's what I'm thinking: It's small enough to fit in your purse AND It's like a clutch though, so if you didn't want to take your entire purse in somewhere, you could fit your keys, lipstick and phone in it. It comes in so many different colors, you have to find one you like.


So the moral of my story is... I wanted to let all my blogger friends know about this fab find before you had the same embarrassing situation I did. (haha-only embarrassing to me) :) I have HEAVY HINTED to my hubby that I have to have this for my birthday (which is in 12 days)!! Happy shopping!

13 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

haha! good wallets last forever.

i had a HOBO bag back in high school. it wouldn't be considered fashionable now, though. i saw a display of HOBO bags this weekend and they're really cute now!

Peabody said...

I tried to email you back but it said it failed. Here is the answer to your bunny question.

"Your babies are precious. I want a rabbit so much. Do you love having it? I am a huge animal lover and I am thinking that a rabbit would fit perfect into my little family."

I love owning rabbits but they are very time consuming, more so than say a dog or cat. You need to clean the cage often (I do at least twice a week). They need several hours of exercise a day(which people are not good about doing...this causes your bunny to rebel). If you get more than one rabbit they will bond with the other rabbits and not you. Keep in mind most bunnies are not lap bunnies. Dwarf bunnies, like the one I have, tend to be less social and are not one for being "snuggle" bunnies. Lop ear bunnies are the most mellow and most prone to do that.

Peabody

A Belle and her Beau said...

i have had my black HOBO wallet for about 2 years and have worn it out! I used to carry it as a clutch but now just use it as a wallet!

Brandi said...

Lyndsey... You should know that I'm not trendy whatsoever - seriously! I just like classic things that I can keep for a long time and this wallet is one of those things!! I got my HOBO wallet over a year ago and it is FABULOUS!! It is big enough for everything (I can even keep a mini cc wallet inside the pockets). I definitely think it is a great b-day gift!!

Oh - and do you know that Michael Kors has an outlet store in Destin?! It is great. I got an awesome dress there that I wore for engagement pics. :)

brandi

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Don't feel bad I had no clue what a hobo was until I read your post. However, I still want to see the inside of on eso if you find a site that shows one let me know! Thanks!

tickledpink said...

I love the HOBO wallets and purses! They last forever and still look great! It's a fabulous purchase!

Petunia said...

I like the look of this wallet and am dying to see the inside!!

Erica said...

I know Lauren...well. She has been a gorgeous home for my credit cards! I do draw lots of comments on her. Mine is light blue with a pearlescent paisley/fan pattern. I carry her as a clutch all the time. Plus I love the magnetic closure of the center, it's so easy to stuff receipts in as you run out of the line at the grocery store. My only con is that she doesn't fit into many purses. You'll have to carry fairly wide or tall ones. Small bags are out. and they last forever. My cuz's pink snakeskin is a good 6 years new!

Erica said...

PS---the straw color is on sale at Nordstrom for $72 right now...

The Rauths said...

i LOVE my hobo! i've had it for three years and it still looks great! best wallet EVER!

Andi said...

I freaking love my HOBO and HOBO knock off. I have a HOBO black patent one and a gold one from the BP section of Nordstrom.They almost look identical in design. If you don't want to commit to the HOBO International one just yet look around a BP department and they usually have their version. They are very handy. I use mine as a wallet and as a clutch for bars and special occasions. I can fit my cell, my skinny digital camera, and a lip gloss or 4 in there.

Lauren said...

I bought a Hobo wallet from Piperlime and love it! My sister has had one for years now and kept suggesting that I get one. I finally caved this summer. The Hobo is so nice because you can move your wallet from bag to bag or just carry it as a clutch.

I am glad I found your blog through MMM! I am looking forward to reading.

Lauren said...

If your husband has not bought this yet, I just saw a coupon in Lucky magazine (the issue with Jessica Simpson on the cover) for 25% off at hobo international if you enter "luckybreaks3."