Monday, September 29, 2008

I will help keep H&M in business forever!!!!!!

This weekend was AMAZING! And by amazing, I mean exhausting! Let's see where did I leave off Friday? Oh yes, my mom and I were going to Auburn to shop. We get there and wow is it crowded... let me mention there was a home game Saturday against Tennessee (we won whoooooooo, not pretty, but hey a wins a win I always say) :) So we start going in all of these precious boutiques in downtown Auburn (which is walking distance from the campus and dorms). Immediately I FELT OLD! I mean I only graduated 3 years ago. Why do all these girls look 12? Wearing their Soffe shorts and Auburn/Sorority shirts (that's what we wear everywhere in Auburn, unless we are going "out"). I asked my mom if she thought they looked young and she agreed so I felt a little better. All of the shops were so crowded and I mean CROWDED! It was chaos in there. Also I realized pretty quickly that I had almost "out grown" (and by that I mean my age not size-ha) these stores. The clothes were a little "young" for me! Don't get me wrong, I plan to be dressing stylish and fashionable always, but all this clothing was a little... to put it nicely "small". (errr.... slutty)! :) So we just bummed around downtown enjoying the fall/Auburn atmosphere then ate dinner and headed back home to good ol' GA!

Saturday was an adventure! Me driving in a big city (ATL) with Mapquest directions... woah! Our first stop was Atlantic Station (H&M among other stores)... needless to say, we loved that place so much we didn't make it to our other destinations (Lenox and Phipps). We first passed by Old Navy, and I can I just say... they have some FABULOUS fall finds and sales like crazy! If you spend at least $100 you get 40% off your ENTIRE purchase. So mom and I went crazy in there... I have officially gone cardigan crazy. I don't even know how many I bought. :) I got two really cute dresses in there for work (would post pics but they aren't on the website!). Anyway-got to an Old Navy soon!
Then from there, we decided to try and find H&M because that was our MAIN reason for being at Atlantic Station. We find it...walk in... and I am in HEAVEN!
*NOTE: If you have NEVER been to an H&M. GO! You will be in fashion heaven!!!
Ok, I immediately spot like 10 things I have to have. An hour and 30 minutes later I am trying on. 30 minutes after that, I am trying on again. Needless to say, my mom did some damage to her Visa in that place! I don't have pics because H&M doesn't sell online but please please go to one soon. I have been dying to go for years and when I heard one was coming to Atlanta I almost died. I waited 4 months to go and it was sooo worth it!!!!!!!!!! I literally have a whole new wardrobe from there (THANKS MOM!!!)
Then we walk out and what do I see... NINE WEST! Only my most favorite shoe store ever! We go in just to browse and I walk out with these... They are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted booties for fall, but I decided to get these, they are "bootie like" and I love them!


We then hit up... Banana Republic, American Eagle, DSW and Old Navy again! I am so pumped about all of my new fall/winter clothes. Now I just need it to cool down for goodness sake. It's still hot down here in GA! Come on cold!

My weekend with my mom was a success. We had an amazing time, shopping, bonding, eating and playing with our pups! It made me miss those times with my mom. I was very sad to see her go yesterday. I cried a little. I usually do! But we will do it again in Dec (except it will be Christmas shopping) when we go to Birmingham to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra live. (If you haven't ever heard of them, go get their Christmas CD-you will not be sorry!) And while we are there, we might as well shop right?? :) I hope all of you lovely ladies had a great weekend as well. Here we go, another week...

11 comments:

Pharmacist Erin said...

Sounds like an awesome shopping weekend! Check out my blog...I tagged you for random questions.

A Belle and her Beau said...

fun, fun, fun! I think I suck at shopping bc I couldn't find anything at H&M the last time I went and I was soo mad. Maybe bc I only had like 20 minutes and it was way too crowded. I want to go with you next time!

Muffy said...

WOW! You DID have an awesome weekend!!!!

Mrs. Forever said...

Very nice!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fab mom/daughter weekend!

Laurie said...

I love those shoes! They are awesome!

I stopped into Banana this weekend and had to restrain myself! It was a great sale though - and the line was practically out the door.

The Pink Owl said...

I love love love H&M at Atlantic Station!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i went to our banana republic today and EVERYTHING was seriously on sale. i got some gorgeous silver pants for $30.00 marked down from $120.00!!!

morewineplease said...

I am so jealous! We dont have an H&M.. and its so rare for me to spend time like that with my mom.

skinny fat chick said...

Oh my gosh... I went to a high school football game last week and I felt like the kids were 10. And college kids make me feel just as old!

Oh, and I LOVE H&M too!

Luvinmycajun said...

hey girl I LOVED trans-siberian orchestra... have u been to one of their concerts before??? They are AMAZING!!!!!