Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In other news...

I have some pretty exciting things to say, ooookkkkkk, well they aren't THAT exciting, but they are news that I want to share, with who I refer to with my husband as, MY BLOGGY FRIENDS! I can't believe how much I said that all weekend. It's funny to him, I think. He doesn't understand :)
On to the news...

- I PASSED THE GACE!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!! For those of you who don't know what that is, it's similar to the PRAXIS! And if you don't know what that is, these are tests that you have to take to get on the road to becoming a teacher. I have a Beachelor of Arts in PR but I have now decided that I want to teach. And taking this test was the first step... and I freakin passed! I was shocked. That test was tough for me. I am not a good standardized test taker, so it was a lil' stressful for me! I was thrilled to see that when we got home from the wedding. So now my next step is to enroll in a Master's of Art in Teaching program (it's 14 months). Pass the GACE content test in Middle School Math and English and start interviewing. How exciting??? :)
So keep your fingers crossed for me that everything works out and I can teach next fall. (SIGH OF RELIEF)!!!

- "Diets are a girls worst enemy!" I always say! I diet, stop, diet, stop, diet, stop.... NON STOP! Seriously! I have been dieting for oh say 7 years now. Since high school anyway. But the older I get, or course, the harder it is. Well, I have def gained some poundage lately and it has got to go! I mean now is the time to think about bikini season for '09! UNFORTUNATELY! Boo! So I have started again. My problem is I get so dang burnt out on dieting. I really don't struggle Mon-Fri. But dang those weekends... and my mom is coming in town Thursday and will be here through Sunday (husband is off for a bachelor party). So you know we will be eating out! (and shopping) :) So basically I have seen results with Weight Watchers. I really like it and you can eat what you want, but it's tough to follow for extended periods of time for me. But I am back on it, and after the first of the year I am going to meetings. Just to keep me accountable! So anyway... anyone out there that wants to start it with me, we could be accountability blogger friends :)

- Preppy Little Dress' giveaway arrived... I was so dang excited. It arrived Thursday before I left for my trip. It was almost like getting another birthday present :) She sent me the cutest "Boo" Halloween bag, a yummy candy covered rice krispy treat, a Williams-Sonoma cookbook for fall and HELLO a $15 Starbucks giftcard, so I can't wait to get a Pumpkin Spice latte. Thank you again. I love it all!

I think that is all for now... til tomorrow!!! :)

14 comments:

Madison Girl said...

I enjoy reading your blog! Congrats on passing the test! That is exciting!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i'm doing WW online and love it. so far so good. i had my annual dr. appointment today and saw that i've gained 10 lbs since last year. no good. i'm happy to be your accountability podnah! (that's partner in texas talk)

Mojito Maven said...

CONGRATS!! WOO HOOOOO

preppy little dress said...

congrats on your exam! time to celebate!!

glad to hear you enjoyed your goodies! have a couple pumpkin spice lattes on me - hee! hee!

Lindsey said...

Congrats on the exam!!! I had my annual a few months ago and the first thing my doctor said was, "You've gained weight since the last time you were here." So I would love to be accountability partners too!

Andi said...

Definitely congrats on the test! I'm with you on weight loss. I just saw some pictures of myself and I wanted to cry.

morewineplease said...

Have you checked out Operation Skinny Bitch?? We are all accountable every Wednesday... and there are alot of WW girls on there.

Also congrats on the test.

Also.. I think I may get some bangs... I thought of you & your earlier post.

OH AND... I have had little black dress.. good stuff!

Muffy said...

How exciting! Congrats on passing your test!!!!

Monogramchick said...

Congrats on passing the exam. As a former middle school teacher, I know that test is tough!
I too just re-started WW 3 weeks ago...I am doing it online like blue-eyed bride. I'd love to be an accountability partner with you...maybe we could start a blog to share recipes, ideas and motivation?!

Mrs. Forever said...

Yay! Congrats!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Congrats!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Congrats!

Mrs.Preppy said...

Congrats on passing the test!

Lindsay said...

I came across your blog today and wanted to say congrats WHoo-hoo, I have several teacher friends...so I've heard about the tests!!

Have a great week!!