Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My babies and their "morning madness"!

Good morning to all! :) Well it's Hump Day which means this week is half over... whooo!
So occasionally I am going to post random pictures so you get a little glimpse into the life of me and mine :) Today it's of my sweet babies... Dansby and Daizy! They are absolutely wonderful... but here's my "fun" story of the day! For some reason my Dansby (the black one), 5 years old in October, has decided to start pooping in the house. I don't know if it is some kind of rebellion that we haven't ever let him have sex (getting him fixed after the first of the year if not before) or if he is just mad at us about something (although I can't imagine what). He has this once place (in the office in front of the window) he does it, every dang morning. And we have a fenced in back yard so they get to stay outside for like 30 minutes in the morning! It's so frustrating. So, husband and I thought we would be clever and start shutting that door every morning... well he has moved his "business" to in front of the TV in the living room. I don't know what to do with this boy! He loves being outside, but apparently pooping in the morning out there is out of the question. I mean he walks around and pees on like 137 things around the yard, every blade of grass and even our patio chairs and table! Oh my! I have heard getting him fixed will help this little problem, so we will see... very soon I hope! I mean he knows what he can and can't do inside. He knows it's bad because when I scold him, he hangs his head and tucks his tail (which by the way...tears me up inside!). Any who, if any of you wonderful bloggers have ideas how to stop this "morning messy madness" I am up for hearing it! :) But here they are in their cuteness anyway :)

7 comments:

skinny fat chick said...

I have a similar problem... my mom's dog (2 years old) is COMPLETELY housebroken at her house, but as soon as he comes to mine he has an accident within an hour. He definitely knows me and gets all excited to see me so I don't know what his deal is. But they came over Sunday and 10 minutes after arriving he pooped right on the wood floor in my dining room.

But with dogs so cute, it's so hard to stay mad at them!

Mojito Maven said...

Oh the joys of dog ownership. But your furballs are adorable!

P.S. You look BEAUTIFUL in the picture on your sidebar of you and your hubby!

Muffy said...

OH MAN! That's tough!!!! Good luck!

NewlywedCentral said...

Just a few things! I L.O.V.E your profile pic -- so cute! Your dogs are PRECIOUS! And I love your blog ;0)

Mrs. Forever said...

beautiful babies! My little one forgot everything she knew about potty training when we moved from the loft into the house. Now we are working on relearning!

Tracy said...

Sweet little faces they have!!

One of my fur-kids did this for awhile and we finally realized it was because she rushed her morning potty to come in and eat. Then when she wanted to finish we had gone upstairs to get ready. She has never been one to bark at the door. She just sits at the door and if no one is there to see her then she basically says, "screw them, I can't hold it". We had to start waiting around for her to finsih eating and let her out a second time. But your case sounds a little different. Dunno -you could always consult the Dog Whisperer :-)

Petunia said...

Your doggies are both adorable!
Are you feeding him before you let him out or after? Eating definitely stimulates their little digestive tracts!!