Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin rocks my socks off!!!

She calls herself "just your average soccer mom." But we all know Sarah Palin is much more than that. She could very well be our next Vice President of the United States. (Yayyyyyy... standing ovation for her)!!! I thought her speech last night was amazing. She was very well spoken and said all the right things in my opinion. She wasn't too harsh on the Democrats... but said just the right things. I found myself laughing out loud and evening boo-ing with the crowd at times. It was awesome. And let me point out that I don't really even like politics, but when it comes to the well being of my country I get kinda sucked in. And IT IS MY LITTLE OL' OPINION that McCain/Palin are the right ones to take office. I learned things last night I didn't know and am sooooo glad I watched it (and I am also glad that America's Next Top Model came on from 8-10 so that I could watch it... strategic on ANTM's part??? I think so) :)

She said some amazing things but one of my favorite quotes was: “And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.”

And this one gave me chills: “And I’ve learned quickly, these past few days, that if you’re not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone. But here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion; I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country.”

So 1st thing this morning, I got online and ordered hubby and I "McCain/Palin" bumper stickers :) You should to the same (should you feel inclined)... you can do so at McCain's website.

Here's my choice!

7 comments:

Rebecca Taylor said...

It took me so long last night to fall asleep because I was so excited after her speech! She was incredible!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Great speech!

We ordered McCain/Palin yard signs yesterday. Our neighbors will be so thrilled! :) We live in an historic neighborhood and are surrounded my lots of Dems.

Mojito Maven said...

I also thought the speech was awesome and I'm not political AT ALL.

Muffy said...

YAY! Go PALIN!!!!

Petunia said...

LOVE HER!!! It is sooo exciting, isn't it?

A Belle and her Beau said...

I ordered bumper stickers too! McCain/ Palin HOORAY!!!

preppy little dress said...

i agree 100%!