Monday, September 29, 2008

Scary Subway Man!!

Woah, interesting lunch break. I always go home for lunch because a) it saves money 2) it's healthier and c) I live 10 minutes from work! My coworker asked me to run by Subway to get her a sandwich on my way back. Sure I will :) So I go in and there's like 2 people in there eating and 2 people in line. So I tell the lady what I want and then I hear (pardon the language as it was not me speaking) "I ain't payin no $8 for no mutha f**kin' sandwich!!!" I'm like woah. I look over and this guy is raising hell in this Subway and I am like, oh great... now, he might shoot this place up! (That is my wonderful anxiety and nerves). I hear the cashier explaining that a Double Stack (never heard of it) isn't on the $5 foot long menu. The guy is all "Well the sign says $5 foot long, all day, every day!" The lady (so kindly) says "Sir at the bottom it says in fine print "Double Stacks are not included!" Now I understand how much FINE PRINT sucks!! But come on, it is not necessary to go all crazy/mental on the cashier like it's her fault. So he asks to see the manager. By the way PROPS to the cashier. She really handled it super well! So he sits down in a booth to wait on the manager. He's sitting right behind me and I am telling them what I need on my sandwich and I hear (loud) "They better refund my money before I go F**kin' crazy up in here!" I am like OK, it's time for me to go. So I am rushing trying to finish my order, pay and get outta there. In the mean time, he is sitting back there mumbling something along the lines of, "I am getting out of my car and looking at the sign that says '$5 foot long' and I just come in and order, I ain't payin' attention to no FINE PRINT!" (like anyone cares) I am like who is he talking to, me? SO I turn around and his hands are in the air moving around and he is raising all hell, talking to no one specific!! I am like DUDE, calm down. But of course I don't say a word, I just hurry out of that place. Not good for business! Oh well, I made it out safe. And for Subway's sake, I hope they just refunded the lunatic his $8.


PS- I am very aware of the overuse of the word "like" in this post (and all other posts). I don't know what has gotten into me today (these days)!

18 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

ok seriously I just laughed out loud for like 10 minutes reading your story....and that picture is classic.

Your story reminds me so much of my crazy bagel lady story...

P said...

Hilarious! I've seen people get all mad and raise hell to themselves with the hand movements going, too. They're crazy!

amberjohnson said...

that picture makes the story all that much better!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your wedding pic where you're eating twizzlers - too cute!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i would have been LIKE freaked out, too! scary!

but i've been laughing since i read it. your recount is pretty funny and then the picture of the cat! hilarious!

Rebecca Taylor said...

This is hilarious!!! I'm sitting in Atlanta Bread Company laughing and people are starting to stare...I would have been terrified!

preppy little dress said...

wow, that's one scary visit to subway! you never know w/all the wackos in the world today!

The Pink Owl said...

I would have been freaked out too! Love the picture you posted! ;)

Kitty Cat said...

That picture is so apt! I also would've run outta there as fast as I could!

Being Brazen said...

Ha ha ha - some poeple are crazy.

You are so lucky you live close enough to have lunch at home :)

Lindsey said...

I drove by a Subway yesterday and thought of you!
Check out my blog Tues, Sept. 30 - I have something for you!

Monogramchick said...

oh my gosh, glad you made it out safely! what a great photo of the cat with the gun for the end of that story!

Rick said...

Like, you know, the guy could have split the cost of the sandwhich with all the different personalities running around in his brain. Like, I don't guess he, or any one of his multiples thought about that.

P.S. I like the word "like."

Tara Caire said...

note to self.. crazys are at subways.. haha.. people are nuts!

Tracy said...

Laughing. You are so funny to include that picture!

Sass said...

I found your blog by way of Newlywed.

This post made me giggle.

I, too, somehow always end up in line behind the crazies!

~sass

tracypartyof4 said...

Thanks for my sandwich!

Katie said...

That story is hilarious! Will you be going back to Subway any time soon? By the way...I stumbled upon your blog and adore it =)