Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sunset Tan... Georgia Style!

Well... I haven't blogged about it yet, but I might as well get a start on it :) So next Saturday (the 20th) is my birthday! YAY... oh wait... we will be in Houston, TX (where Ike is heading) for hubby's friend's wedding (yeah I will know like 5 people there)... and oh wait... that's also the AUBURN/LSU game (this is the biggest problem!). Ahhhhhhhhhhhh (that is me yelling)!!! So you see, we have some conflicts for that weekend. Me=UPSET (and done lots of bitching about it)!!!! But on a lighter note... it's going to probably be one of the nicest/biggest/most expensive weddings I have ever/will ever witness. I hear that George Bush Sr. will be there (we shall see)! Don't worry I will post many pics after we get back (and finish celebrating my birthday that this wedding is interrupting) :) Stay positive, stay positive... that's what I keep telling myself. The good news is that we are staying at a NICE hotel (one we wouldn't normally but that is where the wedding party (and hubby's in it) is staying, so...so are we) It has a spa and an AWESOME pool. So if it's pretty, I will tan tan tan, if it's nasty, I will spa spa spa :) And thank goodness my dear friend Amanda is going. So now, other than the bride and groom, his parents, his brother & sister and my husband, at least I have one other person I know! But to remedy this situation, hubby is taking me to 6-Flags (LOVE THAT PLACE) the Monday after and to a nice dinner the Sunday night we get back! Also I am expecting a SWEET present (not because I am "expecting it" but because he told me I will LOVE IT!) Don't want yall to think I am a present hungry biatch :) (but any present is good...well most) ha!


Ok now that I have gotten off of the subject... let's hop back on! So now that everyone is aware of all that (TMI)... I have another question??????? (what would I do without y'all today?) Has anyone ever had spray tan? I love being tan, not super tan but tan! I feel skinnier and healthier (I know CRAZY CRAZY)! In college I went to one where you got in the booth and it manually sprayed you, I liked it ok. I don't remember being streaked or orangey. The older I get the more I am not loving the tanning bed (boy did I when I was younger). So I decided for special events, I would do spray tan. Well I am trying not to panic too much today, but I am worried sick it's gonna look bad. I am giving it a try before the wedding next weekend, if all goes well, next Thursday I will be re-tanning :) I watch the show "Sunset Tan" but I don't know if this little town is exactly up to par with that place :) I have heard good things... but do tell me what you think... any bad/good experiences????

I have to try the spray tan so I don't look like this when I am 50 :)


11 comments:

Mrs. Forever said...

I have really fair skin and until the last like year my skin would burn and then peel so I never had any color at all and so I have spray tanned. A lot.

Muffy said...

I would get a light spray tan and if it looks good, go back for a little more. Layer it! If it doesn't look good, you'll have time for it to fade! If it DOES look good, you can gradually add to it!

Rebecca Taylor said...

I have never had a spray tan, but my friend LOVES them! She's never had a problem with looking orange, but she's pretty tan to begin with.

The Rauths said...

wait. is her chest sagging all the way down to her belly button?

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i've gotten the spray tan a few times. i don't LOVE it, but it works. i don't like the way it makes my face look. everything else is fine. i prefer when the person uses the air brush to spray you rather than standing in the booth. you get a much more even "tan" that way.

Brandi said...

i can't comment on the tan thing, but i am also pretty mad that you guys will be missing the au/lsu game! i still think i had a good idea - y'all should miss your flight!!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Oh gosh, that woman looks awful!!! I'm fair skinned but when I get spray tanned every once in a while. Palm Beach Tan has a booth that you quarter-turn in and it goes on pretty perfectly so I always use them...no orange, no streaks!

Just watch out for your fingers...and make sure to put lotions on all your dry spots a couple hours earlier (like your elbows, ankles, and knees so they don't hold more color)!

NewlywedCentral said...

HOLY COW! I literally burst into laughter when I saw that pic -- I have heard that the spray tans actually look very realistic -- I'd go for it :) -- you BETTER post pics ;0)

preppy little dress said...

wow, be safe this weekend! hope the wedding is great and you have a happy birthday!

that lady reminds me of my third grade teacher - ugh, she'd put suntan lotion on all year long - it was just wrong! who know's that could be her! ha! ha! can you say skin cancer and lizzard skin - yuck!

Katie said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!! MY EYES!!

THAT CAN"T BE REAL!!
yuck, yuck, yuck.

I never go out in the sun. Way too scared of skin cancer. I'm pale, but I'm happy. lol.

I had a spray tan for my wedding and NO ONE noticed. Just get it at least 2 days before the date so the bit or orange comes off.

Tracy said...

Please tell me that picture is photoshop'ed. wow!

I've never done the spray tan thing. I have family that does it and they look great.

When I hear about spray tans I can't help but think about the Friends episode when Ross gets one and looks terrible.