Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yummy to my tummy!

GREAT FOR TAILGATES/PARTIES/DINNER/LUNCH/BREAKFAST/SNACK... anytime really where eating is involved! ! I have carried this recipe to a couple of dinners/lunches/events recently and it has been a HUGE hit at all of them... it has nothing to do with my cooking skills, it's ALL the recipe. It is scrumpdiliumpious!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Get that?) Try this out, if you are a wing lover, you will LOVE THIS! And if you aren't (like me) you will LOVE THIS! It is amazing. AMAZING I SAID! Please try it out and let me know what you (and the husbands) think!
It's called Buffalo Chicken Dip and did I mention the amazingness of this??? Literally I could live off of this :)

Here's what ya need:
- 2 cans of all white chicken (you will find it over by the the canned tuna-not the smallest can but the next size)
- 2 packs of cream cheese (4 sticks)
- two tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of wing sauce (any kind is good)
- 1 cup of ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley)
- 2 cups (or more) of shredded cheese (I use cheddar)

Here's how to cook the goodness:
I always throw the chicken (look through it cause there will be some fatty nastiness in there) :) in a pan with the butter and let it cook for a minute (or 5) on like medium/low. In another pan melt the cream cheese on like med/low til its all creamy. Then add the ranch and wing sauce to it. Mix well, then add that to the chicken. Mix that well. Take a oven safe baking dish and spray lightly with Pam. Then pour the mixture in it. Then put as much cheese as you want on the top. I like LOTS! Cook for 30-45 minutes. 30 is really plenty. Cook it on like 400 for 30 or 350 for 45. :)
And honestly... it CAN BE "NOT THAT BAD" for you. I use Low-fat cream cheese, fat free Hidden Valley ranch, 2% cheese and the wing sauce I use has 0 calories and 0 fat grams. However, I serve it with Fritos Scoops :) That kills the healthiness of it :) But I have served it before with celery or baked tostitos too! And I can imagine it would be good spread on some little pita chips or bread too!

Good luck ladies. Trust me it is so yummy!!

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the recipe! It sounds like something the hubs and I would love so I will make it this weekend. Thanks for sharing!=)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Ooooh that sounds yummy! Will definitely have to try :)

Jane-Marie said...

That sounds delicious! I have to try it!

Mrs. Buck said...

this sounds so good! And we actually have canned chicken in our pantry - the husband bought a huge pack at costco and I've been wondering what to do with it. THis sounds like the perfect solution!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i LOVE this dip! my husband's friend's wife made it and i ate it up. and the guys ate it up! i like it because i don't like to get my hands messy by eating wings, but you still get the taste! thanks for sharing the recipe.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That recipe sounds good!!

Hollie said...

i just found you on here....looks like we share some of the same blog buddies. love your site, and that recipe looks so good. Can't wait to make it...this weekend maybe!
I'm gonna add myself as a follower.

Darrin said...

Mmmmmm. Looks like I have a new recipe to try for my next Super Bowl party! Thanks!!

Tracy said...

This sounds so yummy!!! I think I know what I am making Saturday during the game. Thanks for the recipe!

Kitty Cat said...

Hi there, I'm also newly married, found your blog on Newlywedcentral, and have popped by to read. That recipe sounds wicked.

Lauren said...

I love this recipe! It is a hit everytime I make it too.

KLC said...

I make this recipe all the time, except I use fresh chicken breasts and boil then shred it, because I canned chicken reminds me too much of tuna which I can't stand :) And I use blue cheese dressing not ranch.

Just Ask Beth said...

Tastes better if you cook the chicken or buy a Rotisserrie Chicken, you surely will NOTE the better taste Also FRANK"S BUFFALO WING SAUCE works best. Serve with Frito scoops yummo. Also, Mozzarella and Mont Jack are better because they tend to NOT grease up like Cheddar. It is a little more time consuming though but I think worth it

Mrs. Buck said...

I made this yesterday for my husband and some friends while they were watching the games. It was a hit! Thanks again for sharing the recipe!