Friday, October 17, 2008

Celebrating the past 29 years...

... that is what Hubs and I are doing today!!! But, we are celebrating especially hard this year because this is Hubs last year in his 20's. Next year we will say good bye to the 20's. He isn't too thrilled over that, but he is ready for what 30 and all of the 30's have to bring: parenthood (we hope)most specifically! The 20's have treated him well... and so it's time to move on... almost!

How my husband and I met is very very random and how we got together is even more random (I will have to post that another day)... but oh how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband & best friend!! I celebrate today and everyday how wonderful of a man he is! Happy Birthday to my wonderfully, sweet, amazing husband!!! I love YOU (I use YOU 'cause I know you're reading this)! ;)

I LOVE him for soooo many reasons but so all my girls in bloggyland can get to know the birthday boy a little better, here are a few reasons:

- He is a Christian!
- He is one of the most loyal people I know!
- He is a TRUE southern gentleman! (he opens my car doors all of the time. even going to the gym at 5 am)!
- He is a romantic!
- He makes me laugh even when I don't want to!
- He works hard to be able to provide for me!
- He wants me to have everything I need/want!
- He puts my needs/wants before his own!
- He will be an AMAZING dad!
- He is so laid back (Bless his heart, I am so dang high strung & anxious!)
- He has learned to deal with me (well he's still learning, but let me say this is quite a task!)
- He is HOTT!!!
- He's an Auburn fan!
- He tells me he loves me like 10 times every single day!
- He always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am, no matter what!
- He let's me pick where we go out to eat because I am so picky!
- He let's me watch all of my "shows" and he watches them with me so we can spend so much time together. Because he knows my shows mean so much to me. (sad I know-props to hubs because he watches "90210" "Project Runway" "Biggest Loser" "Dancing with the Stars" "Grey's Anatomy" and many more)
- He never complains about my cooking because he knows I try so hard to please :)
- He buys me the best presents!! :)
- When he found out I liked Nascar, he started watching it and loving it too!
- He is a wonderful "dad" to my two shih tzus I brought into this marriage! (I mean this man loves these two shaggy/tiny dogs!)
- He never complains about how picky I am (because it really limits the amount of "restaurant exploring" we get to do)
- He doesn't complain about my fashion forward taste in clothes (although I know sometimes he questions it and he doesn't understand my NEED for clothes)
- He understands finances/insurance/all that other crap... and doesn't expect me to get it! (cause I never do!)
- He accepts me for who I am! (and that can be tough to do!)
- I will stop there, because I could go on and on!!!
- He is the most amazing husband!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY honey! I am excited to celebrate your first birthday as a married man with you! I couldn't have wished for a better husband and thank you for making my life better... and complete!
Some of our wonderful memories below!!! :)








38 comments:

Cali Girl said...

he sounds like a great guy, happy birthday to him!!

Missy R. said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubs & Adorable Pictures!

Lulu said...

What a sweet post about your husband!! You two are obvi a very happy couple!!! Congrats and have fun celebrating his b-day!!!

xoxo,
Lulu

Mojito Maven said...

YAY! Happy birthday to your husband!!! I love the last picture you posted of him lifting you up...classic!

KLC said...

Hope you two have a fantastic time celebrating! Happy birthday to him!!

southern daze said...

What a great post! You guys are definitely lucky to have each other and I hope you both have a blast celebrating today. Ah...to be 29 again :-)

EJ & Roo said...

happy birthday to your husband! you guys are soooo cute!! :)

Leslie said...

That last pic in the lineup is PRECIOUS! Our boys are the same age...Jonathan just turned 29 in July and was kind of freaking out about it; well, as freaked out as laid back guys get ;)

Gwen said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. I'll be joining him in the 30s world soon. Hopefully it won't be so bad. Beautiful pictures of the happy couple too. :)

SassyEngineer said...

I hope you have a fun celebration - he sounds like a great husband. I love your wedding picture in this post too - right from a movie!

Milltini said...

Happy birthday to your husband. I love when two wonderful people find each other and it sounds like he's a gem ;-) Enjoy your celebration!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

y'all are seriously so cute!!! love it! happy birthday to your husband. i hope y'all have so much fun!!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i tagged you!!!

tickledpink said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband! You are a lucky girl! That last picture is absolutely precious!

Rebecca Taylor said...

I love this post! Happy birthday to your sweet husband. Yall are too cute!

The Heckathorns said...

Happy Birthday to your hubs! Mine turns the big 2-9 next saturday...and he too isn't looking forward to it. I love your pictures! You two look so happy together! ♥

Amie said...

Happy 29th birthday to your husband!! That was such a sweet list that you made!! I hope he has a great time with the weekend that you have set up for him!

Britni and Justin said...

Hope you have a fun weekend celebrating his birthday! Happy Birthday to him!!!!!!

morewineplease said...

What a beautiful post, I seriously almost cried!
You are both stunning!

And you guys are going to be awesome parents... just dont read my blog post tonight :)

Petunia said...

I love that last photo of the 2 of you !

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Happy Birthday to your Husband. Your pictures are so cute!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to hubs!
I love this post. It made my heart swell and put a smile on my face. Yall are too sweet together and it sounds like you have a wonderful relationship!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! He sounds like a great guy!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That's one of the sweetest tributes to a husband that I've ever read. My hubby shares a lot of those same qualities (except he'll be leaving his "40's" come April.) Happy Birthday to your guy!!

Amanda Dee said...

Love the cute pictures! Happy birthday to the hubby! :) Have a great weekend!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby! I LOVE your list, I could have written every single word! You look adorable in all those pics, I LOVE the last one!

Mrs. Forever said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! You guys have some great photos - I love the last one! This is such a sweet post - your love for him really shines through.

I tagged you on my blog if you want to play along!

Kitty Cat said...

Your post was really touching. It sounds like you have a wonderful man. Lucky girl.

Nicole said...

Whay a sweet post! You both are too cute. Hope you had fun celebrating!!

Meaghan said...

Wanted to let you know about my Giveaway! I just opened an online coffee shop and to celebrate we are giving away a 1lb bag of coffee every Friday for the month of October!

To enter visit: www.getthebean.blogspot.com

If you want a chance to win $$ for the Cancer Charity of your choice for an entire year go to: www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com

Thanks so much!

Meaghan

Being Brazen said...

Yiou sound like you have an amazing husband.

you two make a nice looking couple :)

Madison Girl said...

Aww I love the last picture from yalls wedding! HOpe yall had a fabulous weekend celebrating his bday!!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

He sounds like a wonderful guy.

You two are going to make gorgeous babies someday! :)

La Pixie said...

awww, thats really sweet. Happy Birthday to him.

Lindsey said...

Ahh how did I miss this adorable post?! Your hubby sounds like such a sweetheart and I'm glad you have him! Happy belated birthday to him!

Megan said...

Great pictures and congrats on getting such an awesome hubby!

Tara Caire said...

you two are too cute! LOVE the last picture from your wedding.. you can just feel the happiness when you look at it : ) Hope you guys had fun celebrating his bday!

M&K said...

You two are adorable! Sounds like you are living a lovely life! Have enjoyed browsing your blog and will definitely be back for more!