Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Confession!

This is hard for me to say... It's kind of embarrassing... Not too many people know... I am not sure how you will feel about me after you read this... Please try not to judge...

TONIGHT I WILL BE GOING TO ATLANTA... TO... (*big gulp*) ATTEND...

A NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK CONCERT!!!!

Yes, it's true... I am going! This is not a prank!!! No one hacked into my blogger account to post this embarrassing news!

My old roommate, Southern Shell Belle, is a huge boy band fan! So when she heard they were coming to Atlanta, we just HAD to get tickets. Now, don't get me wrong, when NKOTB were hot, I looooved them! But now, I am pretty much over them. So, Shell and my best friend from home (AL) Jackie and I were supposed to see them TONIGHT! Shell can't go anymore so it's just Jackie and I. She will be getting to GA this afternoon and we will be heading to ATL for what is sure to be a knee slapping good time. I mean these guys, now in their 40s, performing the same songs they did when they were in their teens. It will be very interesting to say the least! Please, oh please, let them do the same dances and everything... especially to "The Right Stuff" (you know you know it)! I am looking forward to hanging with my BF and I am sure that at the very worst... it will be entertaining!!! We aren't allowed to have cameras but I will try to sneak a picture or get one with my cell phone so at least I have something to show you girls tomorrow! (and laugh at later)!

I will be honest here, I was a huge NKOTB fan, back in like 1994. I had a fan club and a NKOTB club house and everything! I about DIED when I saw they were going on a reunion tour!! I mean, for goodness sake, Donnie is in one of my favorite movies, Saw II! This is just going to be such a fun/interesting night! And hopefully they sound as good as they did 14 years ago :) I have a feeling Joey Jo might sound a little different :)

Ok, now how many of you girls were NKOTB fans back in the day? Come on, admit it :)

Old School NKOTB

New school--ha!

MAKE SURE TO CHECK BACK BY MY BLOG LATER FOR

WEIGHT WATCHERS WEDNESDAY!!!!!

21 comments:

Kitty Cat said...

Ha ha, I loved your "confession"! I can't really remember their songs too much, maybe I was too young, or they weren't so big over here? But enjoy!

Mrs. Newlywed said...

I tried so hard to get tickets to that, but alas, I was unsuccessful.

So, you will be in ATL, huh? Just one night?

Booooo...why do people keep coming here, and I don't get to meet them!

We seriously need to meet up one day. There is no reason we shouldn't be IRL friends. HAHA.

HAVE FUN!

d.a.r. said...

Ahhhh!!!! So jealous! Have so much fun!

The Heckathorns said...

OMG, I'm so jealous! I was suppose to go to this same concert, but then the Navy tells my hubs he's leaving for a month and I have no one to watch the kiddos. :( I'm sad.

I have no shame saying that i'm slightly obsessed. I bet you anything the hubs planned it so I couldn't go. LOL! It's a conspiracy! If you go to this NKOTB post you'll see i'm an NKOTB nut. LOL!

Tracy's Porch said...

This is great. I can't wait to hear about it.

New Girl on Post said...

Awesome! I can't wait to hear how the concert goes. I admit it, I was a huge NKOTB fan back in the day. Jordan was my fave.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

Mojito Maven said...

HAHAHAHHAHAH

awesome...heck i would go if i had tickets!!

NewlywedCentral said...

Yep! All fixed!

I LOVED NKOTB!!! I was in 6th grade when they were popular - 11/12 years old -- I totally did not get why my dad wouldn't let me go to a concert BY MY SELF -- Um....... yeah -- I get it now :)

Have so much fun!

Megan said...

hahaha.. I had NKOTB bed sheets. I kissed them all before I went to bed. hahaha..so..yeah, I was a hoe that got my first kiss with ALL the NKOTB. :0)

SassyEngineer said...

Okay - I was so in LOOOOVE with them. I had NKOTB sheets and I would kiss Jodan good night before I went to sleep - I had their cassette tapes and a VHS concert tape and their Christmas CD. I actually bought a Best of a couple of months ago - now I am seriously embarrassed. I loved them so much that I made up this huge lie to my friends that I was related to them - that doesn't even make sense in grown up time, but I was seriously young when I loved them! Have fun - adn please no one else judge me either :)

Lindsey said...

You are so funny! I was def a fan growing up. I even had a water bottle with all of them on it.

Being Brazen said...

I LOVED NKOTB while i was growing up......They rocked my world. I wanted to marry Jordan...

Now, i dont really see what i was thinking then.heehee

Enjoy the concert!

morewineplease said...

I think there may be a support group for you guys... I will look into it for ya! LOL

K said...

My friends went to the NKOTB concert in Minneapolis last week and said it was fabulous! Have a great time =)

southern daze said...

I was a huge fan as well and absolutely head over heels for Jordan. Pretty ironic isn't it that both my nephew (boy) and step-daughter are named Jordan?

southern daze said...

I was a huge fan as well and absolutely head over heels for Jordan. Pretty ironic isn't it that both my nephew (boy) and step-daughter are named Jordan?

Jessica said...

Don't be ashamed! I'm actually a tad bit jealous. I had their sheets. I went to the Dancing with the Stars show when it was here last year. I met, yes, actually met.. like hugged.. talked to.. took a picture with.. Joey McIntyre!

The Pink Chick said...

I used to think Jordan was so hot! He was my favorite! I hope you have so much fun!

Kari Beth said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S! Wish I was going with you! Can't wait til you post about it. Hope you got lots of good pics :)

Sarah Danielle said...

I don't know how this is the first time I have ventured to your blog, but I must say I am enjoying it! Have fun at NKOTB!!