Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dear Mr. Google Maps,

Good evening (er, not so good!) After I have completed a two hour college fair with bratty/smart ass high school kids the last thing I need to do is get lost BFE Tennessee. Thanks to you I spent two hours on the road when I should have only spent 45 minutes getting to my next wonderful Hampton. Don't tell me to take a right when I CLEARLY needed to take a left. And don't tell me to take a left when I OBVIOUSLY needed to just continue going straight! From 6 til 8 I sat and listened to the same questions over and over and answered them the same way. All I wanted to do was get in my yummy smelling Thrifty Rental car and drive to my next Tennessee destination and stop along the way and grab something healthy to eat! But nooooo, thanks to the beautiful and scenic, pitch black, county road, drive you took me on I didn't pass anything that didn't sound like: McDonalds, Taco Bell, Sonic & Krystal. So I kept driving until I finally/luckily passed my Hampton but at this point it's 10 pm and I am starved, but not really because I am so dang tired and completely exhausted! I go past my hotel only to find an O'Charley's (cue angelic music). My favorite thing there is their grilled chicken and rice pilaf. So I ordered and picked it up, came back to my hotel and lugged my 50 pound Vera Bradley to my room and dropped several things along the way, causing me to have to stop, drop and repick up like 1,000,000 times! I finally get to my room and I just want to dive into my food and what do I find???? YEAST ROLLS!!!!!!! How dare they tempt me with these???? I had one bite and threw them away so I wouldn't be tempted. And by the way that one bite wasn't all that great thank goodness! I say all this to let you know that I will be going back to my trusty Mapquest! I gave you a try because I really like your maps, but your directions plain suck! They have led me wrong, not once, but twice today! Don't tell me to turn left onto "Something of another street" and I turn and the dang road is a dirt road and has a big ROAD CLOSED sign right when I turn. You caused me to have to call the high school and get crazed counselor lady to give me directions which I didn't understand! No es bueno for me...you and your directions made my day pretty dang stressful!! I was trying to be "brand" loyal with Google and all, but one shot is all you got and you screwed that up! SORRY! If you want to redeem yourself, you can send me to the beach for a week and then, and only then, will I give you a second chance!!! Let me know if you want to take me up on that offer. You can email me!!

Angry at Google Maps beyond belief,

LyndsAU


*Girls... that is the kind of day I had! But one up side is I found the Organix shampoo I wanted :) And a cute sweater or two at Target. Yippee! Sorry this post isn't very exciting but it's almost 11 and I am freakin' exhausted. Must get sleep before tomorrow!!!! I will get back to normal blogging soon... stay tuned!*
Check out Mojito Maven's post tomorrow for Weight Watchers Wednesday!

15 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

oh my word, I am so sorry! I would have been beyond stressed out...seriously, being lost is the worst!!

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

morewineplease said...

I am lifting my glass right now to our "better tomorrow"!
It has to be,.. right???

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh I am so sorry! I hate it when that happens! We finally got a GPS, you can take it anywhere with you (it was super on sale and we had a coupon :))! Now there are still frustrations with the gps, but it's pretty handy! Hope you have a great day tomorrow! Yay, for shopping and cute new clothes!

Kitty Cat said...

Shame, you must be exhausted. Tomorrow is another day.

The Pink Owl said...

I freaking h.a.t.e. Google Maps. Thanks to them I've gotten lost. Twice. I've since learned my lesson. Hope you have a great day!

Being Brazen said...

Sorry to hear about your crappy day - at least you found some great shampoo and two target sweaters...Retail therapy :)

The Heckathorns said...

Sorry about the bad day. :( Target always makes me feel better! I really don't like either mapquest or google maps. I need to get a get a get a garmin! HAHA!

KLC said...

YIKES that sounds rough!! Hope today is better :)

Jessica said...

No more google maps for you!
I hate being lost.. I freak out! Glad it ended with a great meal from O'Charleys.

A Belle and her Beau said...

bless your heart ... I get lost everywhere I go. It causes a LOT of emotional breakdowns on the phone to the husband. :)

Elizabeth said...

Sorry about your day! There is nothing more frustrating then being given the wrong directions. Hope your day goes better today.

Lindsey said...

Aw Lynds I'm so sorry about your Google Maps experience!

Rebecca Taylor said...

Ugh!!! I hope today is better!!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

poor you!!! i hate that!

btw-- i used to work in university admissions. how much fun! :)

Petunia said...

I agree--Mapquest is the best! Shortest routes and usually very accurate!