Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Surprises!!!

When you work in a small town in the state of Georgia... you come into work on days like Halloween and find this...

Yes, that's a pig. A miniature pot belly pig... named Maddie!

Isn't she precious????


Do you see her pierced ears???? Adorable!

Such a sweet little girl!!! 10 weeks old!


Kisses for me!!! On my nose!!

I fell instantly in love with her! (that shouldn't surprise some of you who know what an animal lover/activist I am)! Within minutes I was texting Hubs to let him know I would be needing a Mini Pot Belly Pig ASAP! He agreed she was cute, but unfortunately I won't be getting my own little Wilber anytime soon :( A lady I work with brought her in for Halloween because she was supposed to be Sarah Palin and this was her "Pig with Lipstick"!! (but she didn't have lipstick on-ha) GREAT huh? She said Maddie is potty trained and everything! I mean even right now, I am dying to have one!!! For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE animal lover! And I mean huge!!! I would have one of every kind of furry animal if I could!!! I have a list a mile long of all the animals I want. And that includes animals like: many dogs, chimpanzee, llama, mini pot belly pig (now), dwarf rabbit, mini horse... and lots more! I just have so much compassion for animals. They are so innocent and so many times are mistreated! People joke sometimes and say that I love animals more than people... and sometimes it's true :) I won't get going on that though :) But HOW CUTE IS LITTLE MADDIE???? She loved me. She didn't squeal at all and she fell asleep in my arms. Gave me lots of kisses and cried when I let her go!! I could have sat all day and played but work had to be done!!! And speaking of pigs... Grey's anyone???? I about lost it more than once! I was irate! Hubs kept having to remind me they weren't real, but they freakin' looked real and the fact that they even had that "idea" on that show... I was PISSED!!!!!!!!!

On to other news... Happy Halloween to my bloggy friends! I hope you all have a wonderful time whatever you might do! Hubs and I are headed to Alabama to my hometown tonight for an 80's Theme Halloween Party. All I can say is check back on Monday! our outfits are HILARIOUS!!! Let me just point out that I might (or might not) have found a pair of grey/black stone washed AC Slater Jeans! I'm just sayin'! And I might (or might not) have colored extensions to go in my hair! We are sure to be a hit! I can't even explain the outfits. You just have to wait and see pics! Saturday I will get some MUCH NEEDED family time in. We will watch the Auburn game (oh dear-please we have to win) and hang with my family and go to church! Then back to GA on Sunday to get out my winter clothes. I don't have room in my closet for summer and winter clothes so I have to store them in plastic boxes and switch them out from season to season!! Have I mentioned how much I HATE DOING THAT! I can't wait to see pics from all my girls on here next week! Be safe and have loads of fun!!

One last thing before I get back to work... I JUST VOTED!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT FELT GOOOOOOD! Go McCain/Palin!!!!!!!!!!!! And can i just say that old people are precious? There was a little old lady, hardly able to move and her son was helping her fill out papers and vote and stuff. Well she was voting like 5 feet away from me and I hear her son yell, "Now why did you do that? We came up here just so you could vote for McCain!" I about died laughing!!! So one of the voter ladies helped her go back!

Ok that's all :)

20 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

Oh my! That is the cutest pig! I can't believe her little ears are pierced either.

I've wanted a piglet for the longest time. However, I wish they would stay small. I don't want a big pig for a pet.

Happy Halloween to you!

Mojito Maven said...

Maddie is so cute!!!!! Yeah clearly I work with a bunch of boring people because this would never happen at my job :(

Happy Halloween

Tracy's Porch said...

So cute and how fun!!!!!

Happy Halloween. I can't wait to see your 80s pix on Monday. Have fun!

TexasLauren77 said...

I felt the same way you did about the pigs on Grey's Anatomy...I couldn't believe they did that!!! I sat there the whole time just shocked, and then at the end...UGH!

preppy little dress said...

i updated my blog, it's http://shopboatmangeller.com/index.html - sorry, i didn't realize it was different from the regular website. thanks for bringing that to my attention! seriously, GREAT prices!!!

have a great weekend, love the photos of you and the PIGGY!!!! too cute!!

Kappa Prep said...

Oh my gosh! I have wanted a miniature pot belly ever since I saw Uptown Girls! I did loads of research on them and would just die to have one. Maddie is so cute and sounds very sweet too! I am jealous you got to play with her today!

PS- Go McCain/Palin!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Haha! Those pics of you with Maddie are so cute! I love your jacket, where did you get it?! Ooh I can't wait to see pics, glad you get to have some family time! Have a great weekend!

L Sqaured said...

I want a pig sooo bad!!

Megan said...

I will definitely be casting my vote for McCain/Palin..woohoo!! That is a really cute lil piggie!! Very creative costume she had too!

Danica said...

That little piggie is so cute! :) I am an animal lover too. Can't wait to see the costume.

The Pink Owl said...

ummm...the little piggie is very cute, but your coat?!? Fabulous!

Kitty Cat said...

What a cute pig!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That is the cutest pig!

Jessica said...

The people in my office would just fall out if a little piggie came in there! That would never fly!
Hope you have a great weekend in Alabama and good luck to your team. Can't wait to see the custom pics.
And p.s.
I don't watch Grey's but you definately have me intrigued as to what happened!

the pink putter said...

What a cute pig!

I can't wait to cast my vote for McCain/Palin tomorrow!

Lindsey said...

Love the pig! He is the cutest!!! And I am dying to see your costuems!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

What a great story about the old lady voting!

You are so gorgeous btw. Cute pig, too! :)

Sarah Danielle said...

Adorable!!

Brandi said...

Ooooohhhh, I love the pig!!!

Life at the White House said...

Oh my goodness. I'm in love with Maddie. She and Rose, my english bulldog baby, actually look pretty similar. ;-) No really.