Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Is it just me...

... or is just way too dang easy to walk in Walmart (or Kroger or Publix or where ever) and drop $100 on groceries/necessities in like 20-30 minutes????!!!! Everything has gone up and yesterday I really felt it. Husband and I are strolling along, checking things off of our list and realizing how dang expensive eating healthy is! I mean really, it is! If I was eating the way i used to, Rice-a-Roni and Mac and Cheese aren't that expensive. :) Mmmm CARBS!!! But I can't do that anymore. Healthy living it is! Boo hiss grrrrr! I am a pretty big fan of Fat Free Pringles. They used to be $1.96. They are now $2.67. I about died. DANG ECONOMY!!! Thank goodness for that $20 Walmart gift card that my husband randomly found in his stuff that my grandmother gave him last Christmas. MEN! :)

So does anyone out there watch Biggest Loser??? Please say yes. That is seriously my favorite show (well that and like 10 others). My husband of course hates it, but bless him, he sits through them all. :) We usually Tivo it and watch is like 45 minutes in so we can fast forward through all the commercials. I have gotten bad about not wanting to watch anything "live" anymore. Those advertisers are wasting their money on me! :) Anyway, this years it so emotional because they are all family! I think I cried for a good 30 minutes last night (have I ever mentioned I am a little emotional). If you don't watch it, you should! It's so motivating and encouraging. And did I mention MOTIVATING! I just sit back thinking... 'Yes, they are getting to workout like 6-7 hours a day and they have NO temptations in the house, but if they can be so strong, so can I'!!!! And it's the truth. They work their butts off. I can't imagine how hard it is for them! Last year the very first girl won! YAY! She worked her butt off and deserved it for sure! But I was sad for Roger. He was from Alabama (my home state). So I couldn't help but pull for him (even though he pulled for that stupid Alabama football team-grrr!). Here are their before and after pictures courtesy of Fancast. How amazing are these??? I'm tellin' you, watch the show. So inspiring!!!




PS- NEW GROUP ON THE RISE!!! For all of you out there struggling to lose weight and keep it off, check this out! Blue-Eyed Bride, Make Mine a Mojito and I are here to help!!! :) Each Wednesday one of us (we rotate) will post "Weight Watchers Wednesday." You don't have to be on Weight Watchers to join in our "travels" down weight loss lane. It's going to be a big support group. We all need a little encouragement and motivation, so check out Blue-Eyed Brides post today and mine next week and then Make Mine a Mojito the next. You're sure to be encouraged friends!!

This blog is not supported nor endorsed by any part of the Weight Watchers corporation. All point values are figured using the Weight Watchers
eTools and are assumed to be as accurate as possible.Recipes that are labeled as "Core (WW)" may contain trace amounts of non-Core ingredients, but the point value per serving of those ingredients would figure to be .5 points or less in all cases.

12 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i LOVE the biggest loser. we watch it every week. i cried last night when the dad had to go home. i really like the red time, the brown team, the pink team, and the old yellow team!

Mojito Maven said...

LOVE the biggest loser...seriously, do you know how lazy I feel after i watch that show...ugh

YAY for WW Wednesdays!!

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

The Biggest Loser is my FAVORITE! I love it. I cry every year. It's SO GOOD. It makes me want to start fresh every time I watch it. Maybe I should watch it at all hours of the day. :)

Lisa said...

I agree. Eating healthy is ridiculously expensive. Blech!

And, on a side note, I have three cousins that went to Auburn and the whole family are huge fans! War Eagle! :)

La Pixie said...

I watched the Biggest Loser last year. the girl who won is from AZ, YAY!

kudos to you girls and your weight loss support system. I just got an elliptical machine, and I will be looking to you to help keep me inspired!

Tracy said...

Yes - food is sooo much more expensive and especially the healthier stuff. But I have heard if you pay more for the healthier food, you will actually save on medical bills.

Love, love, love the Biggest Loser! So sad lat night but I was so PROUD of that daddy for doing so well once he got home.

Andi said...

I CANNOT stand commercials either!!! They are so wasted on me too. I also make Limey watch all of my horrible tv with me too. he's so nice about it. Now he even gets upset if I watch "our shows" without him even though he insists he hates them.

Jessica said...

Uhhhh I cry everytime I watch it this year. When Yellow Dad cried around the campfire and she just looked at him.. uhh.. I lost it!

I love the WW idea. I've been blogging a lot about this lately as well so I'll be following and contributing as much as I can!

We can do it :)

The Redhead Next Door said...

I really love this idea! I've been a follower of blue-eyed bride and I'm adding you and Mojito Maven so I can keep up with WW Wednesdays. :)

Kitty Cat said...

I so agree with you about eating healthy being expensive. I'm supposed to be on a low GI diet but all the seed bread and wholewheat pasta and brown rice is like double the price of the regular stuff! I mean, how can that be? It's not processed!!!! Surely processing costs money? I don't get it.

Lynsey and Brian said...

I love the Biggest Loser! Check out my blog to see my post about the show! It is very inspiring!

KrissyBo. said...

So I'm going through some of your WWW posts... :) Ummm, the Biggest Loser is one of my very faves too! It has inspired me from the very first season!! Love it! And we dvr all shows too so we can start mid-way and ff through commercials! Great minds! :)