Friday, October 10, 2008

Let your hair GO GREEN!

Is anyone else soooo glad it's Friday. This day has been a day from you know where! So much going on at work. Chaos! One of those days where nothing goes right. Next week I am traveling for work and I am going to miss reading your blogs all day! I will catch up at night though. No worries! :) So lately I have been wanting to tell you about some of my fave, new products :) I have to share my secrets with all my bloggy buddies, right? YES! So today ladies, we are talking about hair... and LETTING OUR HAIR GO GREEN!!!


I am no hair expert, but I have learned one thing from stylists over the years and that is to always use shampoos that are sulfate free. Don't ask me why :) I just take their word for it!
So I have used Pravana Sulfate-free Color Ensure for over a year now! I don't color my hair but I do put a gloss on it like every 3 months for shine :) Pravana is wonderful and smells oh so yummy (fruity, grapefruity really). They range in price from $14 (smaller one) to $34 (liter). And it doesn't take much to lather really well. You can find their entire line online at Diamond Beauty. (as well as other places, just google it)! :) It's not too terribly expensive but during months I am "pinching pennies" I need a good, less expensive option! Well, I have found one and I haven't been this excited about a product in a loooong time!
Introducing... Organix. (and I just love the name). Living the organic lifestyle is a pretty popular thing in our society today. So this is perfection for those of us GOING GREEN! They carry many different hair products but I am most interested in the shampoo and conditioner. The fragrances they have look like they should be on a menu not shampoo bottles. :) How yummy does: "Pomegranate Green Tea," "Mocha Expresso," and "Vanilla Silk" sound??? Make sure to check out their website to see what other fragrances they have. I went to Walmart yesterday (because we, in this small town I live in, don't have a Target!) And they didn't have it. So next time I am around a Target, I will make sure to stock up :)
Here's why this line of products can help us go green!! "Organix bottles are eco-friendly, manufactured from materials containing recycled post-consumer resin. All labels are printed utilizing environmental inks and compostable label film made from annually renewable resource corn, not from petrochemicals." Yeah, I don't totally understand all that either but all I know is that it is sulfate-free and that's what I look for in a shampoo and all the ones I have ever found were like around $20. Well ladies, these are $6.99 and can be found at Target, Walmart, Walgreen's, CVS, and others.

I can't wait to try this line and at this price I might just stick with it (if I like it that is-but I can't imagine why I wouldn't)! I am first going after the Pomegranate Green Tea and maybe the Mandarin Olive Oil!!! Have any of you ladies used these???

17 comments:

A Belle and her Beau said...

don't worry my hair went green just this week ... literally! I love trying different shampoos and I will put this one on my list!

Landra Lynn said...

I've used the Regis Design Light Olive Oil Shampoo/Conditioner. SO WONDERFUL AND MAKES MY HAIR SO SOFT! Although, I want to try these now too :o)

Lisa said...

My husband is in the beauty business and Pravana is actually one of their lines. Have you ever tried Pureology?? My absolute favorite shampoo ever!! I use the volumizing, but the "Nanoworks" Pureology shampoo and conditioner sell for $50 a bottle. It was too heavy for my hair (very fine) but others swear by it. Everything from Pureology is the BOMB, IMHO :).

Landra Lynn said...

Oooh. And I agree with Lisa, Purology is awesome! :)

NewlywedCentral said...

Ooh la la -- I'll have to try it -- Love trying new stuff on my hair...

Britni and Justin said...

I have tried the "coconut milk" scented, or something like that. I liked it and the scents are yummy!

Andi said...

I always look at that line in the store but never buy it! I'm always afraid to leave me infusium 23 and Terax Crema combo.

KLC said...

hey thanks for the info on your curl stuff! I totally reccomend the Sunskilk line (waves that behave spray and curl cream) they work really well and are so cheap! I just like to try new things so I don't get bored :) I think I will pick up the stuff you use next time I go to Walmart/Target! Thanks a bunch! Have a great weekend :)

Kitty Cat said...

I can't believe you don't colour your hair! It's such a rich, stunning colour. Lucky you. And now you've made me jealous, 'cos we can't get those shampoo's over here. What is bad about sulfate? And I've never heard of putting a gloss in your hair? Is it a clear gloss? I must ask my hairdresser. *SIGH* We are so behind here in South Africa.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

fun stuff!!! i use aveda products and i think they're pretty organic. i'll have to check the ingredients for sulfate.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Those scents sound luxurious! Thanks for finding, I'll definitely have to try it!

Lori said...

Another excuse to go to Target! yay! I can't wait to try it!

tickledpink said...

Check out my Friday post on my blog!

Being Brazen said...

*sigh* i miss Target. Afraid no Targets or Walmarts in South Africa. I havent seen those shampoos here - maybe we dont get them here.

I dont tint (permenant dye) my hair, but i use a colour shampoo - is that like gloss thing you talking about?

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Oooohhhh, thanks for sharing! I love organic hair products and have not used these! I will definitely try to find them!

Lindsey said...

Very nice products, I will def need to try them!

Petunia said...

I will be checking out that Organix shampoo! Thanks!