Monday, October 13, 2008

On the road again...

... I just can't wait to get on the road again!!! (Imagine me singing that) :) Traveling for work... I'm sitting in a Hampton in East Tennessee... Watching "Dancing With The Stars"... pondering what to write about and I only have like 1,483 things running through my head so this post might be a little random and strange to some, but those of you who "know" me will understand as I tend to be random in my thoughts most days :)
So first things first, what a nice relaxing weekend we had! I hope all your girls had great weekends. From what I have read you did :) We didn't do anything really. I had a lingerie shower to go to Friday night. It was fun. Let's just say there was dancing on the tables (not this married lady), shots taken (not me) and lots of booty shaken (ok-I did partake in this a little). It turns out it was not JUST a lingerie shower but also her Bachelorette Party, so things got a little wilder than I expected (but not from this lady). I didn't want a super hangover Saturday morning so I took it easy! We girls (all 12 of us) had a blast! There was, of course, some drama (not including this lady). To make a long story short, there was some creep ball old man at the bar we went to and he was taking pictures of all of us. At first, I thought he knew someone in our group and had one of their cameras. But as it turns out, he was just some sleazy old creep taking pictures of young (ish) girls! Once everyone figured out what was going on, the sister of the bride asked him nicely to see his camera so she could look at the pics and she slammed his camera and broke it into a hundred pieces. Not good. The man called the cops, so there was a little cop chase between the girls and the cops. At that point, my hubs had come to the bar so I didn't go on to the next bar. The night was winding down anyway so I split :) So, you see, drama fo' yo' mama... but fun before that! And can I just say that people watching when everyone else is drunk and you aren't is HILARIOUS!!!! I saw things that I was embarrassed to even be looking at! WOW!
Moving on to my next random story/thought/statement... I drove over 4 hours today to East Tennessee for work. This is my first travel trip since last February and the first since I got married! So I am of course missing my hubs (and pups!) It's weird being alone! :( But I am only gone until Thursday. So, after the longest drive ever... (or at least it felt that way) I arrived at my Hampton Inn in a small town in East Tennessee. I was pleasantly surprised. I think it's a new Hampton because everything is so clean and nice and working :) Can't be that old. Anyway, first thing I did when I got here was workout. I worked out for over an hour in the tiny little gym here, so I was limited as to what I could do. So my workout consisted of an hour of cardio and 10 minutes of abs. I did lots of sweating, A LOT!!! And it felt good. Then it was off to find dinner. There are several restaurants on the exit but nothing that I really felt like I could eat healthy (remember how picky I am). So I went to Walmart to get a Lean Cuisine French Bread Pizza! Can I tell you how hard it is to eat healthy on the road???? And even harder when you aren't paying for it! There's a Chili's right next to my hotel... Mmmm, chips and salsa and Cajun Chicken Pasta sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But no no! I haven't cheated even once in two weeks and two days!!! (yeah I'm counting) and I have to continue to be good. :) So I powered through my cravings and I am about to dig into my dessert... a Gala Apple :) Man oh man what am I doing to myself?? :) ha!
Next... Hubs birthday is Friday (Big 2-9) and I want to do something special and sweet for him, so I am having to plan that while on the road. That's tough but thank goodness for Google :) I will work it out. But I can't tell you girls what I got him or what we are doing, because Hubs reads my blog :) (hey honey)!! So if you girls have any GREAT suggestions, I am taking them. Email me :)
Moving on... Saturday, our day consisted of FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL and more FOOTBALL! Besides a little cleaning, it was all day long and I loved it! It was fun to watch. OH YEAH, EXCEPT FOR THAT (pardon me) DAMN AUBURN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean seriously, could we suck anymore???? I could go off on a loooooong tangent here and tell you what all I think about my poor AU Tigers but I won't bore all of you non-football fans :) I will simply say this... we need a new freakin' coach! I say we follow in Clemson's footsteps and fire Tubby! I have always liked him and supported him and had his back, but those days are over. It's bad play calling... end of story! We have talent but we can't even show it! We got rid of our Offensive Coordinator last week, in the middle of the season, and we continue to run the same dang offense.... Grrrr! We are, in my eyes, the worst team in the SEC and it's seriously heartbreaking to me! This is my favorite time of year... football season is what I look forward to every year, but when you have a year like this, you just want it to be over so you can start fresh!!! Keep my Tigers in your thoughts, we need good vibes!!!!!!!!!! :)
Last thing... :) Church Sunday was amazing. I mean church is always great, but it's been several weeks since we've been because of weddings, showers, etc. so I was so glad to get back and the message couldn't have hit home more!!! It was about allowing God to use you in the way HE WANTS TO USE YOU. What a great sermon and I def needed to hear it. And of course during praise and worship, I just got so lost in the beautiful words of the songs and I cried and prayed and just felt so much closer to God. I needed to be there that day! And I am so very thankful to live in a country where I am free to worship my Savior! I think we have finally found a church where we fit and I feel very comfortable and truly think this is where God wants us to be. :)
Well ladies, I won't be reading blogs during the day this week, but believe me, every night while I am watching my shows... I will be reading your wonderful blogs that I can't go a day without reading :) Have a great week!
Hugs from this GA girl in TN for a week :)

20 comments:

A Belle and her Beau said...

have a good week! Oh and I wish I could have seen that girl slam that old guys camera. that is hilarious

Vineyard Vogue said...

Sounds like you had a fun (and funny!) weekend! Have a good week working in Tennessee!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

your weekend sounds perfect!

i'm so proud of you! 2 weeks! great for you for going to buy a lean cuisine and eating it at the hotel. some hampton inns have tiny markets and sell lean cuisines. i told belle (from a belle and her beau) that i love hampton inns. most of them have all been updated and they're clean and have great little amenities.

enjoy your time at the hotel!

Leslie said...

Girl, I wish you were in WESTERN Tennessee! Then we would just have to get together! Tell work to send you to Memphis :)

Kappa Prep said...

You are SO good when it comes to eating and working out on the road. I am very impressed!

Pharmacist Erin said...

That game TOTALLY surprised me. It wasn't on TV here, so we considered ordering it on pay-per-view but figured it'd be a blow-out and didn't order it. Boy were we wrong. We listened to it on the radio, and my mouth was wide open in shock. I love my Hogs, but I just knew that Auburn was going to win. What a weird weekend.

Being Brazen said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

I really need to find a church where i feel I "fit in". I havent been to church in a couple of years and i really want to start going again. I need to satrt searching for a church.

:)

Kitty Cat said...

Out of curiosity, what work do you do? What do you do when you're on the road? Shame, yes, you'll miss your pups and hub. You are so sweet to be organising him something for his birthday, my planning is usually done the day before!!!
My hubby and I need a church, one we feel at home at, together. I think that would help him with his drinking too.

Jessica said...

I thought of you on Saturday watching that game. It's a bad year for all Tigers I think. Even LSU didn't make it out so well this week.
I'm glad you had such a great experience at church. I miss that. We moved away from a church we were both so comfortable in and it's so hard to find another one that fits so well. I hate to say that we've given up lately but have been feeling the biggest urge to get back out there. I know there's gotta be something out there that fits us as well!

Lindsey said...

Wow I am so proud of you working out and eating healthy on the road!! I wish I had your self control! Great work!!!

The Heckathorns said...

I swore that Auburn was going to beat my Hogs...to my suprise (and 5 different phone calls from a 479 area code...which is the NW Arkansas area code) we WON! :) I've been pretty sad about how bad my team has been..rebuilding year and all. Last year during our bad "coaching situation" I was hoping that Tubby would actually leave Auburn for Arkansas (since his family lives there), but i'm getting used to Petrino.

Wow, that was alot of football talk!

You are a stronger gal than I, to eat healthy and work out while out of town! And that old guy taking pics is just plain creepy! Ewww!

Nicole said...

Wow you have some amazing willpower! That is so great that you haven't cheated in 2 weeks. How exciting! I also love your comments about church. We went this last weekend for the first time in a couple of weeks as well and it was so good. It's so uplifting to hear a good message and sing amazing songs! Hope you have a good week!

Andi said...

If you have a target near you that shampoo line you mentioned the other day is a having a special offer. Some of the bottles have mail-in rebates for the prices of the shampoo and conditioner so you could try it for free. I just bought the olive oil kind to try.

Megan said...

I probably would have done the same thing to the creep ball.

Elizabeth said...

That is so impressive that you got a lean cousine while traveling! That takes serious dedication. I hope you enjoy your week.

New Girl on Post said...

Sounds like an incredibly busy yet fun weekend!

Britni and Justin said...

I enjoyed the story about the man and his camera! Hope you have a good week!

the pink putter said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Have a good week in Tennessee!

The Mrs said...

How can you got 2 weeks and not cheap? You must have amazing will power!