Friday, October 24, 2008

Way too disconnected from y'all!

Good Friday morning to all! I have sooo many things to say (random things) but first I want to say SUPER SORRY for the missing comments to all of my bloggy friends. We have a huge event this weekend and being that I am the Event Coordinator... I have been running myself crazy the past two days! I haven't even been able to read my fave blogs, let along comment. I think I left a couple but that's it! So please accept my sincerest apology for my lack of blogging and commenting. Next week will be back to normal!! :) Promise! I had every intention of catching up yesterday right when I got home from work (since I went to the gym at 5AM-grr) but I ended up being at work until 5:30 and then went home and had a 30 minuted conversation with my mom about my dang wedding photos (we are having issues with the photographer 6 1/2 months later). Then, I had to cook supper and my TEAM played football last night... Guess what... WE LOST! Shocker I know! I am convinced that we are THE worst team in the SEC!!! I am so frustrated with my TEAM that I am not even mentioning their name in my blog today! I am not one of those fans who is a hot then cold fan! But right now the best word to describe how I feel is PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubs was IRATE! I just sat in amazement as we led 17-10 at halftime... what was the final score you ask?? 34-17. Yes, we did not score one single freaking point in the 2nd half. AMAZEMENT!!!! And we let them score 24 points. I mean WOW, just WOW! Anyway, I can't get myself all worked up again, I have lots to do! :)

I do however want to point out a VERY IMPORTANT (and amazing) blog. My good pal Mojito Maven is celebrating her 100th post with an AMAZING giveaway! You must check it out!! You won't be sorry! She is giving away 5 Stella & Dot Wishing Thread necklaces!!! 5, yes that's right, 5!!!! So make your way over to see exactly what a "wishing thread" is and enter and congratulate her on her 100th post! YAY YAY YAY!!!

Also, I have received some fabulous awards over the past couple of days and I have been tagged to play some pretty fun little "get to know me" games ... thank you to you all and I PROMISE to post about them next week and mention all of your sweet blog names :) I have made note of them all. Sitting on my desk is a post it with all of your blog names so I don't' forget!

I am off today for a MUCH needed hair trim and some layers... it's been 6 months since I have even had a trim (I know-don't judge) :) And I keep trying to let my bangs grow out, but I just can't! They get to that awkward length and I cut them!! So I will be getting them trimmed again and they will stay around for at least a couple of more months!

What are my weekend plans???? Well work tomorrow and then a wedding shower! Sunday??? I will be getting up at the butt crack of dawn and heading to Hampton, GA. What is there you ask??? THE ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY to see the Pep Boys 500!!! Yeah, this lil' southern girl will be turning pure redneck for one day! :) If you have never been to a NASCAR race, don't knock it til you try it. They are so fun, even if you don't enjoy NASCAR! So fun. The PERFECT place to people watch! Wow, I always get some fascinating pictures, so Monday's post should be VERY interesting!!! Who will I be pulling for??? Well of course, Dale Jr :) (I realize how absolutely red you must all think I am--deep down, maybe I am a little-ha) I started really following NASCAR when I was a senior in high school although my redneck family (oh yeah, my dad's whole side of the family-RED as ever-that's a post for another day-wow!) I don't watch it religiously or anything but I do like it... so there... I admit it, I said it... I LIKE NASCAR!!! :)


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Say a prayer that it doesn't rain tomorrow. It will make our event MISERABLE!!! I look forward to catching up on all of your blogs Monday (I will be behind like 4 days-lots of reading I will have to do!)

19 comments:

Mrs. Forever said...

I want to hear all about your NASCAR experience! I've never been before and I am going on the 1st. Apparently we are doing a pit tour and meeting the drivers and all sorts of stuff - and I know nothing about it!

Mojito Maven said...

YAY! It sounds like you're going to have an amazing weekend! I went to the Indy 500 trials this past year and it was so much fun!!

Kari Beth said...

Ewww...I bet there is GREAT people-watching at NASCAR!!! So fun :)

Lindsey said...

Good luck with your event! I'm praying it doesn't rain for ya! Have a fab weekend, can't wait for pictures!!!

SouthernAccent said...

Girl you sound like me - I am a little red on the inside as well - and my family is definitely all there! I love me some Jr! Have fun! Check out my give-to and promote on your blog if you get the opportunity so we can get 100 postings for $100! Have a great weekend.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I have to admit that I don't like Nascar at all, but because I lived in Indiana for a few years, we went to the Indy 500 and that was fun, but those are Indy Cars. Oh well... people LOVE Nascar! I'm the odd woman out here.

southern daze said...

How's this for a confession (and please don't judge)...we go to the Spring race in Bristol just about every year (it's awesome!) and have seen races in Martinsville, Charlotte and Texas. We even participate in fantasy auto racing!

I hope you have a blast this weekend and I look forward to seeing pictures from the Atlanta race!

New Girl on Post said...

Have fun at the race! It sounds like a really good time.

Sorry about your team. I caught a little of the game last night when I was at the gym.

The St. John Family said...

I had the same photographer and she is trouble! We had trouble with her as well! She promised several things and then tried to act like she didn't and she never ever returns phone calls! She was great when she started out but I think she has gotten to big for her britches! Hope it all gets worked out!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

You are too funny!!!

The Pink Chick said...

Have fun at the races! I used to date a guy who worked in the NASCAR arena, but the relationship didn't last very long-I never got to go to a race! I can't wait to hear all about it! I bet the people watching is wonderful!!!

SassyEngineer said...

You have been busy! I hope you get at least a second to relax this weekend. Have fun at NASCAR - I'm more of an Indy girl - but I actually really do like car racing!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I was hoping you were doing ok :) Have so much fun at the race! I've never been to a race but I've heard they're super fun! I can't wait to see some fun pics :) ooh and the new trim!

morewineplease said...

Good Luck with your event, and hope you have an awesome weekend, it sounds like you really deserve it!

preppy little dress said...

you are too funny, everything will work out just fine! good luck with everything this weekend!

Me! said...

I LOVE NASCAR! Well, it's rather boring to watch on TV, but going to the races is a lot of fun. And a great excuse to drink lots o' beer :-).

the pink putter said...

Hope you had fun at the NASCAR race. Mr. P and I went to Talledega a couple of times and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The people watching is the best part!

Kitty Cat said...

I've also been busy and as you can tell, late at commenting. I'm also battling to grow out my fringe, it's taking ages!

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

I hope your event went well! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)