Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Wonderful-ness

Work is killing my blogging time! I realized it was 3:00 and I was like CRAP I haven't even blogged today! I have finally caught up on all of my reading I missed over the weekend. That is why my Monday blogs are so late. Have to read to see what I missed!

So the birthday celebration was a success. Only one small glitch! I rushed home after work to get dressed, then we rushed (it poured down rain all day in GA so traffic was horrendous) to Atlanta to go to dinner at this awesome restaurant, Twist. (they have a sister restaurant called Shout, how fun!) It was amazing. Very hip and cool. I enjoyed wine (yeah I just went with my White Zin) and hubs had his vodka tonics. The music was pretty loud but it was cool. It wasn't what I would call "a romantic dinner," but we definitely had a great time! I gave him his gifts. He has been wanting a new tailgate tent, we have a blue one, but it's not really "Auburn blue" so I got him an Auburn one like this...


The only glitch was the other present. He has been wanting an Ed Hardy shirt (I am obsessed with Ed Hardy and so I think I rubbed off on him). So I ordered him this...


... but I ordered a Large. And he needed an XL in Ed Hardy stuff! It tends to run a little small. FYI :) I was being pretty picky because a lot of Ed Hardy stuff has skulls on it and I am not much of a skull person. And plus it's blue with orange (HELLO-AUBURN!!!) He was excited until he put it on and it was kind of like a tiny tee :) hehe! But I will be fixing that situation ASAP!

The rest of the weekend was fun and relaxing. Saturday morning we watched ESPN Gameday (that is a ritual at our house). Then we cleaned and I ran to get groceries and such (and by such I mean stuff for my fall craft... I will post on that later this week). We had a few friends over for hubs birthday and we grilled out and watched football! I was so glad Auburn didn't have a game (we were off) to upset hubs on his birthday, because odds are we would have played like crap! Sunday morning we were off to church (wonderful) and then went to eat with hubs family. The rest of my Sunday was spent being completely lazy! I did NADA! Watched some Lifetime movies... hubs suffered through the second one. And then off to sleepy land! :) Overall, a great relaxing birthday weekend. Thanks to you girls for all of your sweet comments on my birthday post :)

So after all of that, Monday can't be bad right??? WRONG!!! I had a Dr appointment today because for several weeks now, I have had this lump in my throat and my hypochondriac self decided to just go to the Dr just in case something was wrong. Because it sure felt wrong. So I go to an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. I go in, tell her what's up. She then (with NO warning) sprays this crap up my left nostril... then sprays some other crap that burned like h*ll! She then (again, with no explanation) starts running this long (approx 10 in.) thing up my nose and into my throat to see if there's anything abnormal there. Ummm... yes I said up my nose and down to my throat! Can we say Owwwwwwww? I will just say, it was smaller (around) than a pencil but larger than spaghetti. Grrrr. But good news is, there's nothing abnormal. Thank God! She thinks it's my sinuses. Although I explained I have had no drainage! I think these meds I am taking are drying out my mouth and throat! Mouth for sure! My anxiety levels went down significantly after she told me nothing looked abnormal! :) But dang that thing was not pleasant all up in my nose and throat! WOW!

I have much to blog about this week so stay tuned :)

18 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

YAY! i'm so glad you had so much fun this weekend. AND, it sounds like the birthday fesitivities were wonderful!!!!

Mrs. Forever said...

I hate that tubey camer thing that my ENT uses - and he does it with no warning too!

So glad all of your birthday festivities went so well - it sounds like you had a great weekend!

Gwen said...

Oh My Goodness!!!! Next time I would just live with the lump. That's just awful but at least its over and you can sleep better knowing you will be okay. :)

New Girl on Post said...

What a fun weekend you had! We watch College Gameday every Saturday at our house too. :)

The tube up the nose doesn't sound fun, thank god I've never had to do it.

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a great weekend! But eww so sorry about the doctor's appointment, that does not sound like much fun! But praise God everything is good!=)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

oh my gosh! that's the worst feeling ever! i'm glad nothing is wrong, but hope you get to feeling better soon.

glad the birthday was so much fun!

Rebecca Taylor said...

I was watching an episode of Friends the other night at Joey's girlfriend ordered a white zin...I thought of you!! :)

Glad everything is ok!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

K said...

Sounds like a fun weekend---glad to hear the birthday was a success! Hope you feel better =)

Milltini said...

SO glad the birthday weekend was a success. Sorry about the unpleasant doctor's experience...but at least your mind is at ease now that nothing is wrong. Happy Monday!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe she didn't give you any warning! Glad it's nothing but hope you feel more comfortable soon! :) Sounds like a great weekend, yay for a great hubby b-day!

Jessica said...

I had quite my share of the White Zin this weekend. Thought of you! It was that or Chardonay and I just plain can't hang with that.
It's probably best that she didn't warn you about the nose thing. I'd rather not know that thing was about to assault my sinuses!

Kitty Cat said...

Ouch! I've never heard of a pencil/spaghetti gadget that goes up your nose and down your throat! Shame.

Being Brazen said...

Sounds like fab birthday weekend :)

Happy Daily said...

Hello! So glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend! Also, I am so sorry about that awful doctor experience. I have been trying to see some doctors lately, and I have definitely noticed that some lack basic social skills!

Have a wonderful day!

Kari Beth said...

What a sweet wife you are!! Great presents :)

PS...you are going to love my White Trash Bash outfit since you are a BB fan!! All I can say is red unitard! Stay tuned :)

Megan said...

What awesome gifts!! (Even if the shirt was a tad small!) ESPN is always on in our house..which is why I am happy we have two TVs. I have read you off and on for a while, why have you not been added to my blogroll?? Doing that now!

Amy said...

Wow, you'd think your EMT would give you a little notice. LOL