Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekends = Weddings!

Well, this weekend was another fabulous wedding weekend for Adam and I! We started Friday night off with a rehearsal dinner, where by the way, I drank Chardonnay (story to be told later). It was at this quaint little restaurant downtown called "Ou la la"! I, of course, ate before we went because I am on SUPER DIET (to be blogged about Wednesday on "Weight Watchers Wednesday") and plus I was pretty sure the wouldn't have a thing I would eat (due to my pickiness) and I was right! :) They didn't! Saturday was spent cleaning and nursing a lil' hangover! Then on to the wedding... it was at a cute, little, old church. It was a short (15 min.), but sweet ceremony (made me feel bad-mine was 45 minutes long). Then on to the reception at a Golf Course Club House. It was a fun reception. They (thank goodness) had the Auburn/Vandy game on. And yes, I am very aware of how terrible our football team is this year. I am all sorts of angry at my Auburn Tigers right now. I am slowly trying to forgive them for all the let downs this year! Grrrrrrrrrr! Any who... there was lots of dancing! And I mean dancing. Adam and I haven't danced like that in a long time. Let's just say my favorite dancing of the evening was to "Low" by Flo Rida :) Yeah, that kind of dancing! haha! The reception lasted 6 hours, so there was lots of wine drank, sweat wiped, shoes shed and hair pulled up! Overall, a great night. The newly married couple is now relaxing in St. John! Can you say JEALOUS???? One of my fave things of the night... MY BFF and her husband came to the reception. They live in my home town and we don't see each other that often!!! They would have come to the wedding, but she was in a wedding that day in Auburn. So they just came after! I was sooo pumped to see her! We are like 2 peas in a pod (except she's 4'11" and I am 5'9")!! We had a blast together, catching up, gossiping and dancing!

Sunday, I had to drive "home" to Alabama for two showers. One baby shower and one wedding shower! Long day of driving, but a nice visit "home"! When I returned home to GA, my sweet, sweet husband had roses waiting on me and candles lit. It was so nice to come home to that and peace and quiet!!

Now, quickly, before I show you some pictures, let's chat about this thing called CHARDONNAY! First of all, after one glass, it didn't taste so bad! :) And after... oh say... 6 glasses I couldn't remember my name :) ha! Kidding! But it definitely was a different "drinking experience" that with my trusty ol' Zinfandel! All they had at the rehearsal was red and Chardonnay, well I for sure wasn't getting into the red, so I stuck with Chardonnay. That might be the last time for Me and Chardonnay to unite! I believe I will just continue on my relationship with White Zin! Who cares if it's "not as classy" as the others. It tastes the best to this Alabama-grown girl! ha! PS-I have tried Riesling too... but let me say, some brands taste TOTALLY different than others! i have tried some really good ones, and some really bad ones, so now I am afraid of it! :)

I didn't take many pictures of us this weekend. I was the brides non-professional photographer but, here are a few pics from Saturday night :) Hope you girlies had a great weekend!



After a little dancing!!


My BFF Jackie and I (hair is up, which means sweating did occur)!


The groomsmen and groom sining "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" (yes, that's my husband is holding the microphone-oh me!)





Also, I want to thank Kitty Cat over at The Purring Cat for being so sweet and giving me the "BFF Gold Card Award"! We are new bloggy buddies. She is great! I will gladly accept this award over and over :)



And I want to thank Jessica over at SouthernYankee for the sweet Kreativ Blogger Award! How fun is that! I sure try to be creative (most days!). I enjoy reading your blog daily girl!


In getting this reward I have to list 6 things that make me happy. That's pretty easy!

1. My faith in God

2. My husband

3. My mom

4. My friends

5. My puppies

6. TV

Plain and simple. I am not hard to please :)

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! =)

Mrs. Newlywed said...

Sounds like fun!

You are super cute BTW. You can't even tell you were sweating!

Mrs. Forever said...

What a great weekend!


I love reading your blog -- you are too cute!

Tracy said...

Looks fun!

Oh to be young again ;-)

Megan said...

That reception sounds like it was a blast!! What a fun weekend!

Jessica said...

Ohh where to start?? We have way to much in common and I love it!
This may be a long comment...
1.Chardonay is NO friend of mine and I have cut off all ties with her as well. My Friday night went just about the same way with my friend Reisling. Try Fetzer (sp) you'll like that one.. promise.
2.So sorry to hear about your Tigers! I watched some of that one myself. Being a Gamecock fan I know how you feel. And (wait.. this could be our one downfall)even though Alabama won.. they didn't look very good.. take comfort in that!
3.Those are the best weddings when you can get down to some Flo Rider. It aint a real wedding until the sweaty poneytail breaks out!
4. Too sweet of your hubby! That is so thoughtful and sounds like much needed after your busy weekend.
Have a great week!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

it sounds like you had a great time! your hair looks SO good. i can't wait to hear about super diet on wednesday!

don't worry about your tigers. in the SEC, everyone is going to have a bad season because the whole conference is so competitive and good. they are still a great team and would whoop on anyone outside of the SEC for sure!

Rebecca Taylor said...

What a fun weekend! You look beautiful!!!

Mojito Maven said...

DITTO to BEB...you look adorable! And YAY, congrats on your award!

Petunia said...

My BFF is also 4'11" and I'm about 5'8"!!

Souns like you had a great time at the wedding! Fun pics!

Weeksie50 said...

Wow, what a fun weekend..
You lost that loving feeling automatcally made me think of Top Gun..funny picture..

morewineplease said...

Oh HELL! Just drink what makes you happy!!
those groomsmen are FUNNY!!

Monogramchick said...

looks like y'all had a great time! what a busy weekend and such a sweet hubs for giving you the flowers and thoughtful night at home!

seriously, jackie looks familiar...did she go to samford?

Kitty Cat said...

Sounds like a fun, busy weekend! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Being Brazen said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Nice pics