Thursday, October 30, 2008

Weight News & A Funny!

Disappointment pretty much sums up how I feel right now... I went to my biweekly Dr appointment today hoping for a decent weight loss. After my first week of -6 and second week of -7 I knew there was a good possibility that this week (I didn't weigh in last week) could be bad or at least really low (I mean hello... I watch Biggest Loser, I see what happens)!
My Dr appointment literally takes less than 5 minutes. I go in, she asks how I am doing, I say, fine then hop on the scale. I take my shoes and coat off (thinking that will make me lose at least another pound-ha) step on the scale, take a deep breath and hear the meanest/nastiest words i have heard all day... "You are still at 153!!!" WHAT WHAT WHAT????? WHAT??????? (I could feel my face turning red!!!) I have been busting my ASS at the gym for two weeks, no cheating and I got NOTHING???? I was so mad! For what I am paying this dang Dr and how dedicated I have been, I really feel like I should have lost at least 2 lbs. Oh well, I am trying to tell myself that 13 lbs in a month is still really good. I will weigh in next Thursday so I am hoping for at least 1 lb down! It's gotta happen. Otherwise I might drop this whole Dr thing! In my Dr's eyes i only need to lose another 5 lbs to get to my "ideal" weight (148) for my height and age, but I say WHATEVER! To get to my goal (145) I have at least 8 more and to get to where I WANT SO MUCH TO BE (140) I need to lose another 13. I know it can happen, it HAS to happen!!! She is weaning me off of the Adipex because I have to get used to not having it. I have to get used to having my appetite back-Grrr-not pumped about that! But I also realize how much self control I have gained in the past month so I will be good! I do feel a lot better about my weight. My pants are big, and things I couldn't wear a month ago are fitting so I can tell a difference! And I am very thankful for that!! I don't mean to sound all down, it just sucks when you work hard for two weeks with no results. But I am going to hold my head high :) And march on to pound loss victory :) So another week... here we go!!


And for your daily "laugh so hard you almost pee your pants" or maybe your "OMG so glad that didn't happen to me" here you go!!!

Picture this... Me, sitting at my desk, about to eat my 7 point Lean Cuisine Cheese French Bread Pizza (which I pile with 0 point Vlasic Banana Peppers and Heritage Fare 0 point wing sauce- both of which I highly recommend and put on EVERYTHING!!! ) I go to pick up the pizza and some how it slips out of my hand and rolls over onto my desk, throwing the peppers and wing sauce all over my red H&M skirt and the cuff of my Ralph Lauren jacket and onto the floor!!! Panic sets in and I scramble to save some peppers to put on my pizza... I am trying to save the ones on my skirt. So I gather the 4 or 5 that didn't hit the floor and turn the pizza over... PERFECT!!! I then realize that the wing sauce is ALL OVER THE PLACE!! Carpet, jacket, skirt, desk, chair, pump, leg, papers... it looks like someone threw it at my desk in an angry rage! Needless to say, I was NOT HAPPY! But I just sat back and smiled at what a genius/klutz I am (now I am wishing I would have taken a picture). Thank goodness my skirt is red, the wing sauce has now dried and you can't even see it! Just super!
I then text Hubs (because we are supposed to go 80's clothes shopping after work-Halloween story for later) "So I might need to go home and change clothes after work, due to the fact that I managed to sling wing sauce and peppers all over myself during lunch!!"

What a day!

22 comments:

morewineplease said...

sounds like something I would do... that smell wont leave your office!

Mojito Maven said...

DON'T worry about the weight. you are only supposed to lose about 2 pounds per week so the fact that you have already lost 13 is a HUGE accomplishment!! remember, the closer you get to your goal the harder it will be for you to lose weight. Keep up the great work and it will pay off in the end!!!!!

tracypartyof4 said...

Too funny! You kept it together pretty good because I didn't even here a peep out of you. Smelled wing sauce, yes, but, didn't here a thing. Thank goodness for red skirts! HA!

d.a.r. said...

I definitely did that with a Lean Cuisine last week. Except it was pasta and didn't stay quite so neat. Thank the good Lord that I managed to salvage my very important court documents from getting slimed!!!!

And don't worry about the weight. You sound like you are getting a LOT healthier and gaining muscle from working out. Which weighs a LOT more than fat. Hang on through this plateau and I hope it starts coming off soon!

Lindsey said...

Don't worry about the weight because muscle weighs more than fat! Maybe all this time at the gym has caused you to gain muscle! Sometimes the way clothes fit is a better measure than the scale!

Carrie said...

Over the past year I lost 20 pounds. I know how hard it is when weight doesn't come off one week, or you work so hard all week to lose a couple pounds only to gain them over the weekend. Sometimes the opposite happens too - you think you gained 2 pounds after eating bad for a week on vacation and you ended up losing a pound. You will get to your goal, you seem very dedicated an focused and that's what it takes!

Gwen said...

Don't get discouraged. Weight loss comes with time and you are doing AWESOME!!! Try changing up your workout routine. And if you are any where close to "that time of the month" that could be the reason. Keep your spirits up but the wing sauce off of you. :)

*One Step at a Time* said...

If you knew how many times that happened to me, you wouldn't be too upset! It is a natural part of weight loss. Some weeks your body just slows down no matter how well you do. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED!!! Next week, you could be down another 5 pounds...or down .5. You never know! Just keep up your hard work and I promise it will be worth it in the end! :) I started at 168 and am now at 120. It took be over a year to get there but it is so worth it! Please feel free to leave me comments and I would love to help you along this journey! :)

*One Step at a Time* said...

I also forgot to mention that you should measure inches! That is something they always told us at WW meetings. Some weeks you might even gain weight but you might lose inches.

I confess that I never did this but a lot of people did and they said that always made them feel better :)

Kathleen said...

Hey chica! 13 pounds in one month is awesome, you should be proud of yourself =)

Nicole said...

I think you have done awesome with your weight loss. I'm sure you are just gaining muscle. I know it can be discouraging but look how well you've done already! Much better than I ever could.

Hope your clothes aren't ruined from the wing sauce! I'm sure your dogs will love that smell when you get home :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Don't be discouraged! I don't lose as fast when I'm going to the trainer regularly, but I can tell a big difference in my clothes anyhow...losing inches, if not pounds.

Candice McCoy said...

Way to go! 13 lbs in one month is amazing! It definitely can be discouraging when you think you've done so well and then you don't lose. I've lost 13 lbs and I'm still trying to lose 10 more. In the last 10 weeks I've lost 0 lbs! That's right ZERO. I'll lose a couple weeks in a row, then I'll gain, then lose, then gain. So frustrating! I just try to remember what would be happening if I wasn't even trying. It'll all come off eventually - just try to enjoy the process. If we want to stay at a healthy weight, then we'll be doing this forever anyway, so we might as well enjoy it! You can do it!
I just started reading your blog and I really enjoy it! And I totally would have done what you did with the pizza...I do stuff like that all the time:)

Jessica said...

13lbs in a month is DEFINATELY something to be very very proud of!! Don't let the numbers get you down. Focus on how good you feel! You'll get past this little plateau

Rebecca Taylor said...

The weight will definitely come off! 13 pounds in a month is amazing!

Keep it up! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

13 pounds is really good though! Sorry about your clothes I hate days like that!!

Danica said...

Don't worry about all the weight loss... You are having one of the biggest loser weeks, where they don't loose any! Next week you'll lose a ton. I think it's the 2nd week on the show, for you it's the 3rd. It will pay off though, keep with it! :)

The Redhead Next Door said...

You've done so well losing! Don't let this week shadow that.
And YUM banana peppers! I LOVE them on sandwiches. What a great idea to put them on pizza!

Kitty Cat said...

Sounds like you've just plateaued with the weight for a while. It's normal. And don't forget the annoying part - that muscle weighs more than fat, so as you exercise you build muscle. Just keep going and think of your health as well!
(But having said that, I can understand the disappointment)

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Girl, your hard work will pay off! I bet next week you will lose DOUBLE!!

MilesPerHour said...

Sometimes it's difficult to keep going but keep at your goals!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I am so impressed with your weight loss so far!! And I don't know if others have said it, but what if you lost some fat with all your hard work and gained some muscle?? If your clothes are looser that's awesome, it could definitely be a gain of muscle which actually helps you lose more weight (from what I've heard :))! Sounds like your rockin it, keep up the great work! :)