Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Girls, girls, girls… It’s Weight Watchers Wednesday (whoooo…cue lively music and loud applause and yelling)!!!

I am so excited about my first Weight Watchers Wednesday (WWW) post! I have been looking forward to this since Blue-Eyed Bride, Make Mine a Mojito and I first talked about it! I think this is a great opportunity for us blogging women to come together and share our stories in weight loss of what works, what doesn’t and what might! We newlyweds, who struggle to lose what we call “happy fat”, must stick together!! I can tell you, these WWW will force me to talk about some things that I love to talk about (working out and losing weight) but also force me to talk about a few things I don’t love (my clothing size and my weight)!

So let’s start this off… My name is Lyndsey and I have an eating problem :) (I like to eat too dang much)! I am 5’9” and I weigh 158 and I wear an 8/10. I have been this size for probably about three years! And it’s time to make a change FOR GOOD!
The good news for today is I have lost 3 pounds in a week. :) My personal goal is to get down to 140 and a 6/8. I was a size 6 in college so I know I can do it!

My problem isn’t working out… I workout 4-5 days a week for over an hour. And just for information’s sake: here’s my workout regimen:

Mon.: I go after work and do 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and I do a 1 hour Body Pump class. (light weights and lots of reps…great for women!)
Tues.: I go at 5 AM! Grrr. It’s hard getting up but once I am there, I feel good. I do an hour of cardio and abs!
Wed.: Same as Monday!
Thurs.: Same as Tuesday!
Fri.: Sometimes I go at 5 AM, but that’s hard two days in a row (considering this girl need lots of sleep) and sometimes I go after work to do a Mon/Wed workout! Depends on the weekend plans!

…my problem is food. I am very picky and by VERY I mean, you probably haven’t ever met anyone as picky as me! I don’t like vegetables as a rule. I don’t LOVE meat, but I force myself to eat it. So what do I love you ask?? Pizza, Pasta, Rice, Mexican food! Yeah I could live off of those 4! I am not a sweet eater so I have no worries there. Monday through Friday I am good. I don't "cheat" and I don't eve think about it. But the weekends have always killed my ability to lost weight! So no more weekend cheating. Maybe one meal every two weeks, and that portion control thing will have to be in effect! :) (yeah I eat like a MAN so portion control is key for me)!

I haven’t always struggled with my weight. For me, it came after college. And it just stuck around! :) So how am I fixing (er, fighting) this or at least working on it???? Well, to be honest, a week ago I visiting a place called Physicians Weight Loss here in GA. It’s basically a Dr. that gives you a meal plan, tells you how many calories/fat grams to have a day and how much to work out! She has me eating 1,000 calories a day and having 20-25 fat grams. In addition to that; I am taking prescription appetite suppressants. But I AM EATING! This might sound crazy to some of you, but I feel like I need this to really change my nutritional lifestyle and I want to do it the healthy way. I am following Weight Watchers because I keep myself accountable for what I eat. I have done WW before and it truly does work, if you stick with it. You have to make a lifestyle change, you can’t “diet”! And I would say, since college I have been “dieting” off and on and nothing has drastically changed! I would lose 6 or 8 pounds and gain it right back. And I think that is the problem we all have… not consistently doing well! And that is why we are here to encourage each other! And I, for one, look forward to these Wednesdays so we can come together and chat about our struggles as newlyweds or not-so newlyweds! These WWW are for every lady! :)

So ladies, let’s make a “blog toast”… Here’s to the pounds we lost before the wedding, to the “happy fat” pounds we gained after and to the pounds we each want to lose and never gain back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Cheers!

I will “see” you all in 3 week. Make sure to check out Blue-Eyed Bride’s fabulous WWW post from last week and next week tune in to get great tips and support from Make Mine a Mojito!

And finally…Here’s my recipe for this week:

Greek Chicken Penne

Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat penne pasta
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese (or Parmesan, I don’t like feta)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or from the jar)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook penne pasta until tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped chicken and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium- low. Add the chopped tomato, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, lemon juice, dried oregano, and drained penne pasta to the large skillet. Cook until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Serve warm.


This blog is not supported nor endorsed by any part of the Weight Watchers corporation. All point values are figured using the Weight Watchers eTools and are assumed to be as accurate as possible.Recipes that are labeled as "Core (WW)" may contain trace amounts of non-Core ingredients, but the point value per serving of those ingredients would figure to be .5 points or less in all cases.

33 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

L- I'm so happy that you lost 3 pounds this week! Congratulations! It also sounds like you've found a good source of accountability in your doctor. You're beautiful and you're so good for working out every day. My problem is definitely the exercise. The recipe sounds delicious and I'll definitely be trying it soon!

SouthernAccent said...

And here's to the lbs you gain after having the baby! 10 post-wedding, 15 post-baby. But I've lost 3 lbs this week and started prescription too - what are you taking, if you don't mind saying.

tracypartyof4 said...

Way to go Lyds!

Rebecca Taylor said...

Congratulations!!! 3 pounds is a lot!

That recipe sounds wonderful...I think I'll have to try it!

Mojito Maven said...

Great post L!! and I agree with BEB, you look fantastic and congrats on losing 3 pounds!! Exercise is also my problem (and mac and chesse...oops)...we can do it!!!

Tara Caire said...

congrats on the weight loss! You are a beautiful girl and i applaud you on your workout regimen. That recipie sounds YUMMY!

SassyEngineer said...

You are an inspiration Lynds! We have very similar stats too. I am 5' 8", 150 and I also wear a size 8/10. I actually don't own a scale because I figured I would be way too obsessive, so I just go by the way my clothes fit and what I was at my last doctor's appointment. Anyway, my downfall is everything! I don't mind veggies, but I am too lazy to fix them. I like to exercise when I do it, but can't get motivated to do it often enough. I am hoping this blog will keep me motivated and accountable. A nutrionist talked to us in college and said the main thing is to moderate what you eat (all things in moderation), exercise daily, and eat smaller more frequent meals to boost your metabolism. I think all I heard was eat more meals - I just need to make them healthy and the right portion. I think the recipe sounds yummy, and thanks for hosting!

browneyeddesigns said...

COngrats on the Weight Loss and WAR EAGLE!! All of you guys are great inspiration to keep at it!
Can't wait to try your recipe too!

morewineplease said...

Awesome job on the loss.. I feel like we are in an AA meeting..
My name is Shannon and I have a problem with cream cheese!

Working Girl Two said...

that pasta sounds amazingggggggg. i am so making that!

Broke-ass Bride said...

Wow girl, you are hard core at the gym! I'm really inspired by your effort and loss! I have to say, I'm no expert, but 1000 calories seems pretty low for someone working out as much as you do, but as long as you're under supervision that is good news.

Keep up the great work!

LSU Melanie said...

Hey! I am so happy you have decided to post www! I am a fellow lifetime member, but cant go to the meetings b/c of being preggers:( Now that I eat for 500 people, I cant wait to go back and get back to being accountable for everything I eat. Congrats on the 3 pounds, that is amazing for 1 week!!! Keep it up!

Mrs. Buck said...

that recipe looks delish - I'm going to have to try it soon! COngrats on the weight loss. I didnt have a great week -but I'm ready to have a good one next week! Cheers! (oh and I've got a pesto recipe on my blog from WW too - it was delicious!)

A Belle and her Beau said...

yay for 3 pounds! I do not have a scale but yesterday I ran by my parents house and hopped on. I have gained 9 pounds since May 17. NINE!!!!!!!! That is totally insane and incredibly uncalled for :) I have got to get off the road or I am going to blow up. I guarantee at least 5 of them have been gained in the last 6 weeks.

southern daze said...

Congrats on the 3 pounds! My problem is a severe lack of exercise but I am trying to be more active and eat healthier. I'm really trying to watch my portion size and not eat the same amount as my husband (although, at times, that is really hard!) I so appreciate the three of you spear heading this "support group." I used the recipe Erin posted last week just last night and it was fantastic! I loved that it was healthy and, even better, that I made it. My husband was thrilled (he's the cook of the family) to come home to a hot home-cooked meal. I look forward to trying yours as well - it looks yummy!

Good luck this week!

Lynsey and Brian said...

Congratulations! So glad I stumbled upon this. I, too, am 5'9 and weigh about 155, wearing a 8/10. I would love to fit into a size 6 again! Oh and I love the way to spell your name... minus the "d". ;-)

Nicole said...

I am really looking forward to WWW! I have been pretty pumped ever since BEB told me about it. First of all, I love the sound of this recipe..yumm! And second of all, 3 pounds in a week is awesome! You must feel so motivated. I'm also super impressed with how much you work-out! That's so great!

Lindsey said...

Thanks so much for this post! I found it very insightful. Way to go on the 3 pounds!!! So proud of you!

New Girl on Post said...

I just found you blog through several others that I read and I have to say I love it!

Congrats on the 3lbs and thanks for the delish sounding recipe.

Katie said...

I love the addition of WWW! Very inspirational =) Have a great day!

Monogramchick said...

Congrats on losing 3 pounds in a week,that is fantastic!
I'm with BEB and my problem is working out, I need to get off my lazy rear!
The recipe looks great, can't wait to try it, I LOVE feta!

ps--I know Anniston VERY WELL as I am from a town on I-20 just across the GA/AL line and we would frequently meet my sister (who still lives in B'ham) in Anniston!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Congrats on the 3 lbs, that's awesome! I can out-eat my Hubs so I have been cutting down on snacking, I was going to talk about that next week :) I wish I could come work out with you, you're rockin' it!

L Sqaured said...

Good for you! Thats awesome! Even though you look totally wonderful and don't need to lose weight!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love the new look! That recipe sounds so yummy!!

Being Brazen said...

Congrats on losing 3 pounds!

great recipe - sounds yummy

Happy Daily said...

Congratulations! I love this idea! I have definitely gained my fair share of "happy pounds" this first year of marriage! I am inspired by your goals!

Have a great day!

NotQuiteaBride said...

So I just found your blog from MM and BEB. I have joined weight watchers recently and am very excited. I have been googling the Physicians Weight Loss you mentioned, but the only one I'm finding says they don't have locations in GA. I live north of Atlanta, and am interested. can you give me some tips on how to get started there??

Prissy Southern Prep said...

How weird that you are going to a physicians weight loss in GA. I too am from GA and went to one of these programs and pretty much got on diet pills. I lost weight really fast, but I gained it all back and then some when I went off of the medication. Not saying this will happen to you, but everyone I know that comes off of the pills prescribed by the doctor balloons up -- and your metabolism is messed up so it is even harder to lose the weight again. I do not mean this will happen to you though, but I just wish I had known all of this when I was on that plan. But, I read your workout schedule and you seem like a very healthy person so that probably wont happen to you!

Brandi said...

OMG....I teach Body Pump! Have you ever taken cycling classes?

kevin said...

Once an individual suffers from obesity or overweight, it becomes highly important for him to trigger off weight loss and altogether weight loss is necessary to keep a whole lot of obesity induced disorders, namely, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure et al at bay. Dieting and regular physical exercises can help in achieving weight loss and altogether the “weight loss” section of the website http://www.pill-care.com informs you that weight loss medicines such as Phentermine, Xenical etc can also help you trigger off instant weight loss if taken in accordance with the instructions of the doctor.

Mrs. Bell said...

I have started my first Weight watchers wednesday post today, check it out!!

WWW Post <3

I linked my blog back to yours, hope thats ok!

<3 Brittany!

ChuChulainn said...

THREE pounds in one week?! Jealous. But I needed that. I'm taking my first Pilates class tonight and it will be my first time back in the gym since early October.

Lucaz Brewz said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.
Blogger how when you visit my site,my Site created for men's health,
Here the best method for you and get the best Penis Enlargement Pills today.