Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wrecks and Weight Loss

Just when I thought my day had gotten great, BAM! It's one thing after another. I was so glad to start a new day today and be coming home. It took me over 5 hours to get home thanks to stupid road construction. My saving grace: my almost 3 hour phone conversation with my mom! Love those! So I get back to town and immediately go to see my Dr at Physicians Weight Loss for my 2 week check up. I left on CLOUD 9!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, you see, last Thursday I went for my weekly shot (a B-12 mixture) and I weighed while I was there! But I had just posted the day before about WWW and my 3 pound loss so I thought I would wait to share what happened that Thursday this week. Anyway, while at the Dr last week, I weighed in and I was down from 166 to 159!!! 7 pounds in one week!!! I was thrilled and totally shocked! So today when I went to weigh in, I was dreading it a little because I knew because I had such a huge loss last week that this week wouldn't be as good, but that was ok as long as it was a loss I didn't care! I was also worried because my "monthly visitor" came this morning. So, can we can BLOATING??? Yes! So I go in and we talk for a minute then I get on the scale (it's one of those Dr., scary tall ones) And she keeps pushing the scale back I don't think I even got what was happening before she said, "WOW, you are down another 6 pounds. You weigh 153!" I was like "What?" completely in shock but so excited and feeling really good. Only 13 to go to get to my goal weight! I am so excited. I knew I was losing because my pants I bought 3 weeks ago are huge now (they were a little loose fitting when I bought them)! And I tried on an amazing Calvin Klein dress this week in an 8 and was so pumped that it fit! So progress is being made. I think blogging about it and being held accountable has done wonders :) That and the help of this Dr and I am well on my way to being where I want/need to be! Thanks to all you girls for your support and encouragement!

So I am on cloud 9, feeling all good... I go home and unload all my stuff from the rental car, grabbed some lunch because I needed to get back to work to do a little work before the day was over! When I pulled in the drive way I pulled on my husbands side of our carport. Well in the middle of our carport there is a wooden beam. Let's just say I was backing out, turned the wheel too soon and all I hear is "Eeeeek, Scraaatttccchhhhhh!!!" I slam on the brakes (I wasn't even using gas) and the first thing I say is "God, NO!" I pull forward and I hear all kind of scary noises that are just not supposed to come from a car! I had just wrecked the freakin' rental car!!!!!! (Did I mention I was on my way to return the dang thing??) So I immediately bust into tears. Crying like a baby. I call my husband, then my friend from work who this happened to just a month ago, my mom, my coworker in the office, Thrifty... complete panic had set in. I was shakeing, still kind of am! I mean what had I done. Thank goodness for my works insurance huh? But at the time, I was not thinking about that at all! I was DEVASTATED and so mad at myself! Why oh why do these things happen to me???? I feel a little better now, just really dumb!!! SO DUMB! I was just so happy then it was like complete devastation! Oh well, it's just one of those weeks I guess! I took the car back and handled all that and had just enough time to run into work, check my work email and personal email and quickly write this post! Tomorrows post will be better and more positive, promise! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is here! (Hubs birthday celebrations are to come!)

So sorry for my lack of posting today girls, you understand after that story right? I will have to catch up tomorrow! (Bad bloggy friend I know)!

23 comments:

Broke-ass Bride said...

Ok that is amazing weight loss! Eff the car, you're a skinny mama!

Tracy's Porch said...

I feel for ya. I was pulling out of the garage a couple of years ago and forgot my husband had not left for work yet and side swiped his car leaving damage not only on mine but his also. I cried and cried. At the time, I had only had my car for a few months - pretty much brand new. Does this help you feel a little better? At least you didn't damge TWO CARS!

southern daze said...

Congrats on the amazing weight loss!! As for the car, things like this happen and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. Thankfully your work's insurance will cover it and everything will be ok. Right now you just need to focus on the great things happening in your life and celebrating your husband's b-day!

SassyEngineer said...

Awesome weight loss! Keep it up!

Also, I'm so sorry about the rental car. I actually did that to our car at our apartment, and my hubby wasn't so happy about it, but he knew I didn't do it on purpose! You're not the only one that does those things.

Kiss My Tiara said...

Oh my gosh! That is amazing about the weight loss! Cars can be fixed don't even worry about that, be proud of yourself!!! I envy you! I started weight watchers again today and starting going back to the gym today, it's a new day, hopefully I'm well on my way! Congrats :)

Rebecca Taylor said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss! I am SO happy for you. You'll be to your goal weight in no time!

Lauren said...

I'm sorry you had an accident in your rental car, but I am so glad you are okay!

Lis said...

First, congratulations on your weight loss!! That is wonderful!! :) And goodness, I am sorry about your car accident!! I hope you have an all around just fabulous day tomorrow to make up for it! :)

Lindsay said...

Well CONGRATS on the weight loss! That's awesome! I'm sorry about the rental...sounds like something that would happen to me! Thank goodness for insurance! Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Wow Lynds that awesome weight loss! I'm so sorry about the car, that's a horrible feeling, but don't feel bad, it could happen to anyone! Hope you have a great relaxing celebratory night!

Nicole said...

1) CONGRATS on your loss!! That is amazing. My mom is taking those B-12 shots and she is really liking them.

2) So sorry to hear about your little accident! What a bummer to an exciting day. Oh well, at least you're still down 6 more pounds!!

Kappa Prep said...

CONGRATS on your weight loss and I am so sorry about the car. Uh!!

Mojito Maven said...

1. So SORRY about your car
2. BUT KICK ASS JOB on the weight loss!!!! woo hoo

morewineplease said...

I am so so sorry! If it makes you feel any better I do stupid shit like that all the time!

Being Brazen said...

WOW - congrats on the weight loss... :)

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

WOW!! Incredible! I wish I could lose 7 lbs in one week! You are my hero!!

Lindsey said...

YAY!! Congrats on the weightloss! I am so happy for you skinny minny!

Milltini said...

Oh my gosh! What a roller coaster of a day. I am so sorry. I hope this weekend brings you the r&r it sounds like you need.

And way to go with the weight loss. I recently stumbled across your blog, and you are just too cute. Happy Friday.

P said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is just fabulous. Weight loss is just the hardest thing in the world to do, so be proud of yourself.
Sorry about the car stuff. If it makes you feel better, I, too, ran over the house in a rental many, many years ago.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

wow!!! amazing weight loss!!! so happy for you and proud!!!

the car thing--- oh well. just hang in there. stuff happens and you'll be just fine. focus on your weight loss, husband's birthday, and your precious pooches!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

You've been tagged!

Kitty Cat said...

You're a skinny bitch!!!Hooray. No seriously, well done, all your hard work at the gym and eating right has paid off! Sorry to hear about the car, I would also have burst into tears!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

love love love your blog!!!! I am inspired by your weight loss and thinking about starting weight watchers again tomorrow since it is WEDNESDAY! =)

I would love for you to be a reader of my blog, if you would like an invite send me your email address to lcgpreppy@gmail.com