Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WWW - Again? Already?

I can't believe this is our 4th Weight Watchers Wednesday post. Don't forget to check out Blue-Eyed Bride's WWW post today. She is the fabulous host of the week!



So I don't have news to report this week as far as weight loss goes. I decided not to go have my shot tomorrow due to the fact that it is $20/per shot. Well they want me to have them twice a week (that is on top of the other "fees" I pay them) and I just can't afford to do that really! So I am only going to be getting them every two weeks. And until I get a new scale I won't be weighing at home. My scale SUCKS!!! Something awful. It will tell me one second that I weigh 156 and I will step off and get right back on and it says 154 so I am over that thing. So I won't have weight loss to report until next Thursday! So my WWW posts will have to be about exercise and diet :)

Let's see... this week has been GREAT for workouts and dieting! Monday I went to workout after work as usual. It was good to be back into my Body Pump routine (although for the past two days I have looked pretty dang funny walking). Miss one week of BP (dang travel for work) and you are screwed, you will be sore for several days-and I am FEELIN' it now-I can hardly sit down in my chair at work so I have been getting up and down as little as possible and miiiighty slow! I feel like someone beat my legs with a bat or something! PAIN! Ok, back on track, Monday I also ran 1.5 miles & walked 1 mile and considering I am not a runner I was really proud of that accomplishment. Typically, I am all for the elliptical. Usually running really hurts my ankles, but lately I am trying to mix up my cardio so running it is! And spinning will be back in full effect very soon. I like to do that in the winter rather than summer. Tuesday morning at 5:00 AM, I was up and at it... off to the gym with hubs for some cardio and abs. And since I have dinner with the in-laws tonight, I got up this morning at 4:50 AM (Grrrrr) and went to Body Pump. Now this is the first time I have done BP this early in the morning. Usually it's after work at 5:30. Well, after squats were over, I was pumped and ready to go. But squats almost killed this girl this morning! WOW! I think the sore-ness might have had something to do with it, but also, I wasn't even really awake yet! Afterwards I ran a little! Tomorrow morning and Friday morning I will be rising early (5 AM-booooo) to burn my calories for the day. Tues and Thurs Hubs and I like to go early because we like to have those two nights to come home from work and do what we want (which is usually laundry, dog baths, early dinner & TV)!! And Friday we are going on a date night to the movies to see Saw V! I loooove horror movies (the Saw series is one of my faves of all time) so I am pumped!

I am pretty disappointed I have to wait until next Thursday to weigh in, but hopefully it will be a good loss. I am getting closer to my goal and I can def see the weight coming off. I am, however, beginning to wonder what it will be like when I come off of the meds. Can I keep it off? Will I have the self control to keep it up? My plan wasn't to start a "diet" it was to make a lifestyle change and to never go back. I thought it was going to be hard to do, and it has been, but it's been 24 days since I started this journey and I can honestly say, I think it's set in. I finally, for once, have the right mind set. And I know that I can never go back to what I was doing, which was binge eating all the wrong things. During the 24 days, I have "cheated" once. It was for Hubs' birthday. I really didn't have much of a choice where we went, so I got pasta alfredo, but I didn't allow myself to eat it all. And I was ok with that. It was good, but I didn't stuff myself. We got dessert (which I don't LOVE) and I had 3 small bites for celebration purposes :) We have to go out to eat tonight, and I will be ordering a grilled chicken breast. It's what I have to order anywhere we go. Sometimes I think, UGH, I just want to eat and then I remember how good it feels to make progress and lose and that feeling goes away. It bothers me less and less to see other people eat and enjoy their food. I now (well I try my best) to look at food as nutrition and not as something to do that's fun and enjoyable. Because if we are being honest, food is my drug... I freakin' love it and I looooooooove to eat! And I will always be an "addict" so I can't fall off the wagon :)

Happy Weight Watchers Wednesday girls! I hope you all have had a successful week! Don't you just wish we could all go to the gym together. It would make it so much more fun (for me anyway) :)

I leave you with this...

I found these and I am IN LOVE with them. They are perfect for breakfast or a snack or for your sweet fix! They are REALLY good! (no lie!)
South Beach High Protein Cereal Bars (They have 10 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, 140 calories & 5 fat grams) I know the fat grams seem scary but I don't worry about that because I don't get enough protein because I don't like meat. So this doesn't seem too bad to me and it really helps curb your appetite. :) WW points: 3
This blog is not supported nor endorsed by any part of the Weight Watchers Corporation. All point values are figured using the Weight Watchers eTools and are assumed to be as accurate as possible. Recipes that are labeled as "Core (WW)" may contain trace amounts of non-Core ingredients, but the point value per serving of those ingredients would figure to be .5 points or less in all cases.

19 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh I so need to be more motivated to work out! 4:50am? That is inspiring!!

And I have to agree.. the Saw series are the best!!!

Liz said...

Wow! You are so ON this! I'm inspired. I've been running for a few weeks, but not doing so hot on the food thing. Such a temptation.

Mojito Maven said...

Look at you Mrs. 4:50 AM...I am NOT a morning person so I can only work out at night...actually that's a lie. I used to have swim practice at 4AM EVERYDAY so what happened to me? who knows

CONGRATS on your weight loss and eating habits!!!!!!!!!!

I need a serious kick in the pants seeing as how much I LOVE food!

The Pink Chick said...

I love WW Wednesday! Thanks so much to you and your friends for starting this! It inspires me! I added a WW recipe to my blog yesterday that you might like-Salsa Chicken! Have a wonderful day!

Tara Caire said...

wow.. kuddos to waking up so early! i am an afternoon runner myself. those south beach bars look yummy

Tracy's Porch said...

I am so impressed that you can get up that early in the morning to go to the gym. WOW. You should get extra pounds taken off just for that.

I just got your comment that you noticed you were not following me any more. I should have gone around and let poeple know I changed my domain name to tracysfrontporch.blogspot.com I think it messed things up when I did that. I got nervous having our last name in the URL so I changed it. My link on you blog probably no longer works either.

Sorry!!!

Lindsey said...

WOW! I am inspired by this post! You are doing such a fabulous job!!!
And I adore those South Beach bars, they are so delish with black coffee!!!

New Girl on Post said...

So kudos to you for getting up early to workout...I just can't make myself.

Sounds like you are doing great on dieting and exercise! I wish I could say the same about myself.

Those diet bars look delish! I must check this out.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you're doing great! how on earth do you get up that early??? i'm so happy for you!!!

Gwen said...

I just had one of the same South Beach bars today for the first time. It was really good. :) Sounds like you are doing awesome with your diet!!! I'm trying but after quitting smoking I'm having a hard time giving up food too. I can't total deprive myself. But I'm a big baby when it comes to being hungry. :)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I love those bars too. I commented on one of your other posts about the doctor, and I am pretty sure I went to the same doctor! Because, I totally know what you mean about the shots and all of that.

You are so committed and I am jealous!

NewlywedCentral said...

You are such an inspiration in this department... seriously -- I am really feeling the newlywed nine :)

Kitty Cat said...

Sounds like you are really doing well with the exercise, and I so agree with you, I also need to see food as nutrition and not pleasure!

**Caren** said...

I left you a little something on my blog!

Missy R. said...

Good Luck Hun & Congrats! Check out my blog I gave you an award! :) Keep it up girl!

Holly said...

I'm passing on the Bookward Award to you! Visit my post for the details. Enjoy!!!

SassyEngineer said...

I need to use you for motivation. I did however buy only healthy food at the store last night, but my problem is exercise - you are a machine, girl! Also, I too love those south diet bars - I think they are tasty.

the pink putter said...

I love WWW. Thanks for sharing the tips and motivation!

I've tried other South Beach bars and liked them. I'll have to try those. I like the South Beach lunch kits. They are really handy for me to keep around at school.

Ubah said...

Good for you to be so motivated for the exercising. I don't think I'd be up so early doing it though. :-)) But it helps when you also have a workout partner. They keep you going when you don't want to anymore. But keep up the good work and I hope you reach your goals soon.