Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Anyone heard of this?

We all know I am an animal lover (especially dogs) so you won't be surprised when I start RAVING about my new find today (No I didn't get a new dog, but DANG I wish I did)!

So my first read every morning is People.com and today Kerry Washington suggested that Obama get his girls a particular dog. Apparently she has one. What kind is it you ask? It's a Shorkie!!!!!!!!!!! It is a mix between a Shih Tzu and a Yorkie! How precious! I have never heard of this and I thought I had heard of all these strange cross breeds (better know as mutts-kidding)! You all, of course, know that I am a PROUD owner of two Shih Tzus. They are my favorite breed for sure (of course I am biased)! I would have one of every breed if I could, but pretty sure Hubs would peace out if that were the case! I want to stop and pick up every stray dog that I see! Ok sorry to get off topic here... back to Shorkies!!!!!!!! Because Obama has to have a hypoallergenic dog, apparently they are perfect. And of course one would fit right in with my little ones :) So if you haven't ever seen one of these little angels, let me introduce you!!!

So if you take one of these... (the dogs obviously-ha)



Here's a better up close shot of my Daizy...



And you breed it with one of these...

Then you get one of these... (WARNING... This might cause you to rush out and spend an obscene amount of money on one of these little sweet angels!!!)


I just felt it was my duty as a dog lover to share this with you! It's all new to me today so I will be obsessed with these little guys (ie-beg Hubs for one) for at least a couple of weeks!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Also I want to wish my friend Erin at Blue-Eyed Bride a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world :)

And thanks to Just Me at Nikes and Ponytails for the sweet BFF Gold Card Award!!!!!!! Thank you so much girl!

And another big thank you to GIRL FROM THE LAND of 10KL for giving me the Smile Award! Thank you so much. I love reading your blog and I am soooo thankful that you read mine :)

27 comments:

Danica said...

Soo cute! And I LOVE the dress you posted yesterday... Ugh if it wasn't so expensive! :)

d.a.r. said...

I just died of cute. Those are adorable!!!!!

morewineplease said...

PUPPY FEVER!!!! I HAVE IT!!

P said...

I had a shitzu for 14 years. He died two years ago. He was the most precious little dog in the whole wide world.

Rebecca Taylor said...

How cute!!!!!

Mojito Maven said...

yeah you already know I am having a serious case of puppy fever!!! i want one so bad!

NewlywedCentral said...

OMG!!!!! What a muffin face! Don't you just want to squeeze it!? (um, not too hard, he may break :)

Nicole said...

Aww how adorable are those little guys???? I think my Daisy needs a little brother/sister :)

Candice McCoy said...

oh. my. gosh.

I cannot believe how cute! especially the second picture. I am absolutely in love with Yorkies, especially my little Olive. And I've always thought shit zhus were cute, but oh my! the combination - it's just precious. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy's Porch said...

So so so so so cute!!!!!!!!

southern daze said...

So freaking cute! I think you definitely need one :-)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Adorable!! We have been talking about getting a puppy for so long now!!!

La Pixie said...

I have a Yorkie... but my Boyfriend doesnt have a dog. AND THAT ONE IS PERFECT. Im soooooo in love! Shorkies!!

Megan said...

I have been wanting a puppy for sooo long. Very cute!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

thank you, sweetie!!!

that last picture of the puppy in the shirt is SO cute. what a face!

Jessica said...

OhhhhhMyyyyyy.. I HAVE HAVE HAVE to have the last dog in the blue sweater. That little dog just made my heart burst. I NEED him.

AndreaLeigh said...

Ok, I'm sending you my credit card bill. LOL! I think my heart just melted. Must repeat to myself for the rest of the night: my husband would kill me if I got another dog. Must not get another dog.

LOL!

CarolinaGirl said...

Now that is just the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I just opened my mouth a drooled a little at how cute they are! All of them! i am such a dog person I want them all!!

Monogramchick said...

seriously?! if hubs would let me have another dog, i would totally get one of these, they are freakin adorable!

Being Brazen said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, that is sooooo cute!!!I want one

Kitty Cat said...

Oh no, don't show me such cute pics! There's also an award for you on my blog.

Emily said...

Ohhh myyy goodness! sooo adorable! I dont think my hubby would let us get another dog! we already have a maltese and a golden retriever:) Gosh puppies and dogs are the best! thanks for the smile:)

Elizabeth said...

Thhis dog is precious!! Now I am dying to get one - Christmas present maybe?!

The Lavender Lily said...

Those are about the cutest puppies I've ever seen. Another designer mix that I ran across not too long ago was a Porkie - Yorke and Pomeranian! It was so cute with the face of a yorkie, but the crazy fluffy hair of a pomeranian. I kind of wanted to kidnap it!

<3 said...

Um I'm In love- almosts crying Im so in love---- OMG
I WANT ONE NOW
<3

Anne said...

Stop it - they are way too cute!! I will be blogging about this ASAP!