Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Freezing Trailer & The Supper Club!

No post yesterday because I was at home being a sick lady! I caught a cold this weekend from sleeping in a trailer where I could see my breath!! (Yes, it's true!!) We aren't really sure how cold it actually got in there but it was FREEZING!!!!! No heat + freezing temps outside = me getting very sick!!


Besides the sickness/coldness and the ACCIDENT (getting to that) I had a fabulous weekend! We had a great time hanging out with friends from home and from college! It was a big game for us but unfortunately my Auburn Tigers lost (again)! But it was a close game. It was a very exciting game to say the least! So probably no bowl game for my tigers this year (which is MUY depressing)!!!

I have a few pics for you from the weekend! It was a windy one so excuse the "wild/crazy lady" hair! I didn't get tons of pictures due to all of the craziness of the weekend, but I have a few!! :)

Ok... I know you are all DYING to know about the accident (things are never boring in my life)! It's a long story but I will shorten it the best I can!

If any of you are familiar with the SUPPER CLUB, you will enjoy this story more! For those of you who don't... let me give you some background...

The War Eagle Supper Club has a motto"Cold Beer, Hot Rock, Expect No Mercy." It has four bars total; two full bars, one beer bar and a shot bar on the infamous SHOT BUS (It's literally a school bus painted white that has been gutted and has a tiny bar in the back where you can get shots!!) The interior walls of the Supper Club are covered with decades of Auburn memorabilia. The drunk bus is a Supper Club exclusive. Its existence known by almost all patrons willing to climb into a crowded van sporting a license plate touting 'NO DUI.' They also offer rides to and from the Supper Club so you don't drive drunk! Now, the Supper Club is a one of a kind PRIVATELY owned bar. So you must be a member (i.e. pay $3 to get a member ship card then another $10 to get in every time you go)! The bands don't start until around 1 AM and the party doesn't end until around 5 or 6 AM! It gets so crowded in there that you literally can't move! It sounds like a BIG bar but it's not! And it's OLD! I could go on and on but I won't! You get the idea! Just look at the website! It's where everyone goes once they are HAMMERED!!! (usually)

Back to my story... ok, we get to the Supper Club, it's not that crowded. We pay our $20 to get in and we walk around to check out the new back deck and stuff. Ok then all of a sudden it gets SLAMMED in there! (Note: We have been up since 6:30 AM for tailgating). We (meaning Hubs) decide that we are pretty tired and that we don't want to wait around for 2 more hours for the dang band to start! (Sad because I loooove the Velcro Pygmies!) So the girls walk out to go to my car while Hubs and I close our tab! 10 minutes later we walk out to see them huddled at the back of my car talking to some guys. I'm like "Great, these drunk guys are probably hitting on my friends!" They say "Umm, Lynds, we have some bad news." My first thought was "SOME (bleep) JUST HIT MY CAR!!!" And I was CORRECT!!! Some drunk guy was fighting with his girlfriend and hit my car and my friend had to tell him he hit it, he didn't even realize!!! So they stop and give my friends his name and number and drive off. My friends got his tag number. So Adam decides we better call the cops. We do... and blah blah blah we tell the cops the story. They call the little (insert bad word here) and tell him to come back to the scene of the accident. He does. So anyway, long story short, I am gonna have to have my car fixed (not happy)! It's not horrible but its a really deep scratch and a dent! Grrrr! His insurance will be cutting me a check so I am not too worried! But it's a pain in my you know what! I took a few pics of the damage (just for you girls) :)

I am late catching up on my blogs. I will be catching up for days I am afraid! :) I have several things to blog about this week, but they will have to wait! I have work to catch up on too :)

Here are the weekend pics:




26 comments:

Prissy Southern Prep said...

The bad news: having a damaged car is a pain in the booty, and I am sorry you are having to deal!

Good news: You and Adam looks ADORABLE!!! I love your outfit. What kind of boots are those?

Gwen said...

I'm sorry about your car but on a good note you look fabulous and the navy nail polish rocks!!!!

Rebecca Taylor said...

SOrry to hear about the car! I love the pictures though!!!

SassyEngineer said...

That stinks about your car! I think the pictures of you are too adorable - I love the outfit:)

Danica said...

Such cute pictures :) Sorry about the car and you being sick, that's a bummer. Hope you feel better soon and catch up on your work! :)

A Belle and her Beau said...

your poor car :( cute pics :)

Lindsey said...

Ugh I'm sorry about the guy hitting your car! And I hope you feel better soon!
Love the pics, you are so darn pretty!

Holly said...

Sorry about your car :(
But you pics are FABULOUS! I'm glad you had a great time dispite the moron who shouldn't have been driving!

Nicole said...

You two look so good! Love your outfit!!

Sorry about the car. I'm sure that was a setback on your fun weekend. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Just Me said...

Love the Dress!!! No good about your car, I hope it all gets figured out so you dont have to pay too much $$$. Sad about Auburns loss, I remember my junior year of high school touring Auburn and I wanted to go so bad (I also have family in Opelika) the campus and area are so beautiful and stupid boys distracted me for that, now i think about my beautiful Auburn all the time.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

so sorry to hear you're sick and that all of that happened with your car. drama is never any good-- especially when you didn't ask for it!

you look wonderful, though. just adorable!

With Love from New Orleans said...

You two are so preppy and cute!!!!

Future Mrs. B said...

That stinks about your car! Hope you get well soon :)

tickledpink said...

Sorry to hear about your car! I'm glad they made the guy come back. Adam looks so cute in those orange pants! Love it! I love your boots! Both of you look fabulous!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, that sucks! At least you or anyone else wasn't hurt!

*Kimmie* said...

Oh how I love the Velcro Pygmies! I had no idea they traveled so far!

Life at the White House said...

Yikes - sorry about your car, but you guys look awfully cute in your pics if that helps any! :-)

Jessica said...

Sorry about your car dear! At least he came back and his insurance will be taking care of it right?
You and hubs look too cute! I love the coordinating shirt/pants! Love it

Amanda said...

So... 1) Sucks about your car, Im sorry! 2) Yay-- I made it on your Blog. Super excited about that and I LOVE that picture of us and 3) None of your blog friends commented on how cute I looked, just you and Adam ;) haha J/K!! Love you and love the post!! We must chat SOON!!

Kitty Cat said...

Hope you get better soon! And you hair looks perfect in the pics, by the way.

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Great weekend pics! Looksl ike you had a great time! :) Sorry you were sick!

With Love from New Orleans said...

Unicorns!!! That is the worst! I am not sure anyone can top that.... I am impressed!

Being Brazen said...

Sorry to read about the accident and you being sick.

your photos are great. you look fabulous

Emily said...

U look soo adorable in your pictures:) Such a cute lil outfit to wear to your game! So sorry you got sick and someone hit your car! NO FUN!!

morewineplease said...

SOrry about your car... that always sucks ( I say always b/c I do that crap all the time)
And you look so cute in the pics!

P said...

So where did you get the dress? I must have one!