Monday, November 3, 2008

Like, totally 80's!!!

The 80's party was a success! It was STRAIGHT 80's! I mean WOW! Hubs looked great. It was scary how well he would have fit right into the 80's! He was a rocker and I was... well... an over the top brightly colored clothes wearing 80's girl! But most importantly I rocked what I referred to all night as my "AC Slater jeans!" Nothing more 80's that those pants and also nothing more UNFLATTERING than them either!! But no matter what, unflattering or not, we were TOTALLY 80's! Before I show you some pics let's also cover a couple of other weekend highlights/tips/funnies!!
- My husband ROCKED some eye make-up like no other man could!!
- Tip: If you are meeting your fiances girl "friend/acquaintance" for the first time... Don't get hammered drunk and tell her how hot her husband is in his 80's outfit and then beg him to take off his wig so you can see how REALLY HOTT he is! (yes-this happened to me!!)
- Jeans with pleats make you look even more pear shaped than you really are.
- I spent more time on my husbands hair (wig) than I did my own!
- I lost at least 1/4 of my hair getting the knots out of it after I teased it for 30 minutes getting ready for 80's night!
- Men, if you wear eye make-up, be prepared for it to last at least two days no matter how hard you try to clean your eyes and get it off.
- My beloved Auburn Tigers lost AGAIN! Frustrated is an understatement!!! Embarrassed... understatement! Angry... understatement!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
How did all of your Halloween parties go? Great I hope! I am off to catch up on some blog reading!! Busy week ahead, but so glad to have NO PLANS this weekend (well except for another event Saturday)!
Enjoy the pics below... they are sure to at least make you smile!

Dropping the pups off at my parents. :)



Not a good angle, but really with these jeans.... no angle is good!

Adam and J... look at those pants-oh my!

Arriving at the party!!


The boys in their best 80's gear!

The girls!

Our best friends!! ROCKIN!

My pants in all their glory!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the bar after we got MANY funny looks!

My sweet Jack ...

39 comments:

southern daze said...

You guys looked fantastic!! I'm afraid to admit that I had a pair of jeans quite similar to those while I was growing up. I just shuddered at the thought :-) Glad you had such a good time!

Sarah said...

wOW! You guys sure do fit the part, congrats! I am impressed with your husband wearing eye makeup... i am pretty sure that would NEVER fly in our house even for halloween! lol

Mojito Maven said...

Simply amazing!! those jeans make the whole outfit!!

Gwen said...

That is just perfect!!! Love the jeans ~ they totally remind me of Mom Jeans!!! Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!!

Pharmacist Erin said...

One word: ROCKIN

amberbaldridge said...

That's freakin awesome!

Rebecca Taylor said...

Perfect! I love the pictures!

New Girl on Post said...

Oh my gosh you guys look fantastic! You seriously look like you are straight from the 80's!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You guys looked like you had so much fun!!

Lindsey said...

Amazing costumes!!!!!

Gracie said...

These are TOTALLY RAD!!! Last night I posted my pictures from our party! I love looking at all the great costumes from everyone!

Kathleen said...

Awesome costume---those AC Slater pants = hilarious!

Tracy's Porch said...

This pictures are so great!!!! You do the 80s proud. Thanks fro making me smile today. So funny!!!

Kate said...

you look TOTALLY RAD!!! how fun - I loooove 80s dress up parties!

SassyEngineer said...

Y'all definitely rocked the 80's! Loved the pictures :)

Sass said...

I'm shuddering right now, at the idea that at one point, I actually DID look like that.

Yikes.

Thanks for the smile!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Awesome! You guys were totally rockin it! The hair, the pants, high rise and pleats and all! So fun! You lookin tinier girl!

Gracie said...

Head over to my blog and you'll find a surprise for you! :-)

Shelley said...

WOW!! That is AMAZING!! Where did you even find those jeans?! You guys looked GREAT!

Is drunkenly calling your boyfriend hot the first time i meet you different that calling your husband hot? Haha maybe she will be your next best friend ;) tee-hee. Love you!

Kari Beth said...

LOVE the high-waisted, pleated acid wash jeans!!! You totally rocked them for sure!!! My husband still has on his eye makeup from Saturday nights party...ha ha :)

morewineplease said...

TO THE MAX!!
THose are such cute costumes, what a fun party!
I so had those jeans!!!!!

Kate said...

Oh my gosh you guys went all out! How fun!

Milltini said...

You guys look beyond fantastic. LOVE IT!

The Pink Chick said...

Love it, love it, love it! I'm a huge fan of 80's themed parties!!! My last birthday was an 80's party! So fun! You guys look absolutely amazing!!!

Megan said...

I know what I want to be for next halloween!! Your outfit is awesome!!

Charlie said...

those ARE some serious ac slater jeans!! you pull them off excellently :)

The Heckathorns said...

Like for sure that was totally rad! LOL! Loving the 80's costumes!

Sarah said...

Wow you guys looked great

the pink putter said...

Love the costumes-you guys look great! Sounds like you had a great time too!

Being Brazen said...

You two look AWESOME...great costumes

A Belle and her Beau said...

that is hilarious! yall look great

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

You guys look GREAT! That is the funniest thing...ever!!!

Amy said...

Those pictures are great!!!

Sarah Danielle said...

ROCK ON!!! :)

Slyde said...

that is awesome!

i want to go to a 80's party now!

but you made me remember those pants! even in high school i hated them :)

Tara Caire said...

oh my gosh love it! you two look so great!

AndreaLeigh said...

That is great! Where did you find those clothes? Looks like you had fun.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you're HILARIOUS!!!

Manuel Rios said...

Absolutely awesome!!!