Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Iron Bowl, Turkey Day and WWW!

This could be long...

I can't believe tomorrow it Thanksgiving! WOW! It got here so fast! But I can't wait to spend time with my family and shop on Black Friday and then of course the IRON BOWL is this Saturday!!! For those of you who don't know what that is... it's the Auburn/Alabama game! We have won 6 YEARS IN A ROW but this year we are not so hot and UA is ranked #1 in the country and is undefeated. We have NEVER lost to them in Tuscaloosa (where their campus is located). And if we beat them, we could cause them NOT to go to the National Championship!! Can you say BIG GAME??? I want to win so bad. It could get ugly! We will be watching the game with a mix of AU/UA fans so hopefully there will be no fights!! :) Hubs and I are big time fans and don't take any crap, so you never know!! :) ha (now I sound like I am from Alabama huh?)!!
Hubs and I will be wearing this...

This might be confusing to some but here's what it means... Alabama's "thing" is Roll Tide. Auburn's is War Eagle! Their mascot is an elephant and Auburn's is a tiger! Strange I know, but it's our battle cry :) Anyway... so this shirt I think is AWESOME... Roll This Bama to me means... KISS MY ASS!! ha! Sorry it's the BIGGEST rivalry Auburn has and it's a brutal one. It's braggin rights for a year... it's being able to tell your friends "Who cares about (BLAH) we won the iron bowl!!" It matter more than I could tell you! And I am proud to say I am an Auburn fan (even if we have had a shitty season!) I hope we get a 7th win this year so bad I can't stand it! I get all fired up talking about it :) We have our "We Believe... Beat Bama!" sign up in our yard. We will be sporting Orange and Blue all weekend and wearing our Beat Bama pins!! :) So if you don't care about Saturday's game and you don't love either team, pull for my TIGERS! We need it! WAR EAGLE!!




Moving on to Thanksgiving traditions...

Tomorrow, Hubs and I will be going to be with his family for lunch (we live in the same town as them) and then on to my family for dinner! Hubs has a HUGE family that gets together! My family, however, will consist of Mom, Dad, 1 half brother (out of 4), his girlfriend, my only grandparent still living (MawMaw-mom's mom), my mom's sister, her son and his girlfriend and Hubs and I! I have a HUGE family. I mean massive! But when I my dad's mom passed away earlier this year, our tradition of doing all holidays at her house did too! Everyone used to gather at her house for Thanksgiving and Christmas! It was a HUGE deal! And that is the only times of the year that we all saw each other. You see, my family isn't a REAL close one. I mean, my mom and I are SUPER close. BFF! But I am not really close with any of my other family. That's not to say I don't love them dearly, but we just haven't ever been close. So it's so new to me to now be a part of a family (Hub's) that is so close. Anyway, I say all this to say that I am VERY thankful for so many things this Thanksgiving. Here's my short list!

- My salvation. Thank God for sending his ONLY son to die so that I can live an eternal live in Heaven!

- My wonderful, sweet, amazing husband!

- My strong, selfless, precious mother!

- My family & friends!

- My health (I realize more now than ever how blessed I am to be so healthy!)

- My church. (Well God's church. So thankful to have found one that I can grow in)

- My freedom (Thank you to all the troops who serve our country so selflessly so that we can live free)

- My job! It's not the best paying, but it's stable and I have all I NEED!

I could say so much more! I am just so blessed to have all I have in my life! My life in enriched because of the people in it.

Now onto WWW!!!

This won't be too long. I just have some news to report!! I LOST ANOTHER 2 POUNDS!!! So I am officially out of the 150's. I am not 149 and loving it!! So that's 17 pounds down! Whoooo! I ordered all new pants last week so I am officially in an 8 (and they are baggy)! So that is one more thing I am thankful for!! I also ran two miles yesterday! I haven't done that ever--well maybe when I was a cheerleader, but it's been a loooong time! I was thrilled. And to stay on schedule with workouts... I will be running today at the local track (because the gym is closed today and tomorrow) and in the morning, I will be getting up to go for a run before we start our Thanksgiving Day :)

I am lucky (kinda)... I don't like all the foods that come with the holidays. The only thing I will eat usually is turkey! I don't like casseroles... I don't like pies... I don't like dressing/stuffing. I usually eat the white meat off of turkey (with no skin) and that's that! So I shouldn't go through any BIG withdraws this season due to my dieting!! My mom usually makes mac and cheese for me, but I have instructed her not to do that. It's not necessary and I love turkey (only at Thanksgiving & Christmas) so I will be good to go!

I hope all of you lovely ladies have the best Thanksgiving ever! This is my first as a married lady so it's exciting! So much to be thankful for! I won't be back on Blogger until Monday probably! It scares me to think how many posts I will have to catch up on!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!!!!!!

28 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Congrats on your weight loss! That is amazing!!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is wonderful!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lindsey said...

Yay for the weight loss, you are doing awesome!!!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Mojito Maven said...

YAYAYAY! Our lists were so similar!!! I hope you have a blessed and wonderful Turkey day!!!

AND, WOO HOO about your weight loss...please come to Dallas and kick my butt in gear!

Holly said...

Go Auburn!

Congrats on the weight loss and I love your list of what you are thankful for!

Have a great Turkey Day!

Emily said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I hope to join you in that soon :)

Roll Tide! ;)

GIRL FROM THE LAND of 10KL said...

I blogged about rivaleries yesterday =) Great job on the weight loss! You're kicking butt. Have a wonderful holiday =)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Happy Thanksgiving. You are doing great on WW!!

SassyEngineer said...

Happy Happy Thanksgiving! We lost the Iron Skillet this year (SMU v. TCU). Our poor team is kind of stinking this year too (and for the last decade almost!) Oh well, I can totally relate, but I hope y'all win :) Congrats on the weight loss too :)

L Sqaured said...

Congrats on your progress with your fitness goals! That is so awesome!

P.S. I hope your team wins!! =)

With Love from New Orleans said...

One. CONGRATS!!!
Two. College football ROCKS!!!

Chic Runner said...

Congrats on the loss of the lbs. You are working hard! :) Your post about the football game was too much! That picture was too funny! :) Have a good thanksgiving!

amberbaldridge said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lyds!

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!

Mrs.B said...

woohoo for weight loss! have a wonderful thanksgiving!!

Mrs. Cup said...

Yay for losing weight!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tracy's Porch said...

Congrats on the weight loss.

I am saying War Eagle - not only will your win help out my team but I always pull for Auburn in the Iron Bowl. I have lots of Tigers in my family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I bet you are super proud of yourself

southern daze said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

morewineplease said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sweet girl... enjoy your day and the game... I love that shirt!

bedesign said...

I love that shirt! What AU store did you guys get it? WAR EAGLE and happy turkey day!

Being Brazen said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Jeauxdi said...

Congrats on the 2 lbs! I lost 2 also!! YAY US!

ROll Tide ROll...Around the bowl and down the hole ROll Tide Roll...~*giggle*~ Had to say it LSU TIGER FAN here!!! GEAUX TIGERS!

Happy Thanksgiving! Y'all have a wonderful day!

~*J*~

Pharmacist Erin said...

I LOVE that shirt!! That cracks me up! Hope you have some fabulous turkey today!

Britni and Justin said...

Congrats on the weight loss! My husband would love that shirt. We are a "house divided".

Roll Tide!

An Atlanta Bride said...

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you so much for being a frequent reader of my blog! I truly love all the comments I receive...and I've noticed that you've left more than a few :) They are so nice to read! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kari Beth said...

I "awarded" you! Check out my blog :)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Kitty Cat said...

Congrats on the weight loss, you are very inspiring. And I just had to stop by and tell you, I saw Shorkie Pups in a local pet store and they are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

congratulations on the weight loss!!! how wonderful!!!