Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WWW & Dream Dresses!

I won't go into all of my opinions about what happened last night! And I won't talk about how ULTRA conservative I am and all the things I believe (actually KNOW) to be Biblical! I will just say, I cried, I prayed, I feel better! I am trying not to be scared to death. I am working really hard to accept America's decision! I completely trust that this is God's will and He is completely sovereign and deserves all the glory!! In saying that ... “… in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Today is Weight Watchers Wednesday! Yippee! Make sure to check out Mojito Maven's WWW Post! I don't have any weight loss news to give you, seeing as how I weigh in tomorrow. I will tell you, after last weeks 0 loss, I am feeling really nervous. I am scared I will have another week like that. I will NOT be a happy lady if that happens! We shall find out tomorrow how I did. Til then, I wanted to share two things with you...

1) A yummy recipe that I will be cooking for Hubs (Remember how picky I am so I don't eat hardly anything I post about, but I loooove cooking for Hubs)
2) Dresses that I desperately want to purchase (but probably won't) once I lose all the weight I am dying to get off!

Here's the recipe: Broccoli with Cheese Sauce

POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 6 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
1 pound(s) broccoli, fresh, florets
1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp table salt, or to taste

Instructions
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place broccoli in a steamer basket and set over water. Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes; drain and return to pot. Alternatively, you can cook broccoli in microwave.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and flour until blended; place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; remove from heat. Whisk in cheese until melted; whisk in mustard and salt.
Pour sauce over broccoli and toss until coated. Yields about 1 cup per serving.


Now, onto some of the most amazing dresses EVER!!!!!!!!!! I am simply in love! (And did I mention they are all AMAZINGLY on SALE!!!!!!! The only catch is, they are limited in sizes) Nordstrom presents....

First up... A Babydoll from my personal favorite Betsey Johnson. On sale from $355.00 to $141.90!!! I am dying to have this! It can be found here.


Then we have the lovely Drape Sheath Dress from ABS by Allen Schwartz. On sale from $258.00 to $128.90. Found here.


Up next, a David Meister Strapless Dress. Stunning! Perfect for your rehearsal dinner or a holiday party!!! (sigh) From $406.00 to $159.90. Found here.



Now, a BCBG MAX AZRIA Ruffled Shirtdress. Loving it. From $220 to $87.90. Found here.



One of my personal fave designers... a Diane von Furstenberg 'Tuvallu' Dress. From $325 to $129.90. Found here.


The ever romantic, Dorothy Lee Bib Front Dress with Ruffle Collar. From $272 to $107.90. Found here.


The dreamy, Nicole Miller Gathered Neck Silk Halter Dress. From $255 to $99.90. (WOW) Found here.



Ahhh to dream...

30 comments:

Mrs. Newlywed said...

I love those dresses! Especially the first one!

Mrs. Newlywed said...

I love those dresses! Especially the first one!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

the recipe sounds delicious and the dresses are amazing! thanks for sharing!

The Pink Owl said...

I love the DVF dress!! So gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the recipe, it sounds delish!

I love all of those dresses!!!

Sarah said...

I'm with you on the election thing- just put it in Gods hands...

Those dresses are AMAZING I am dying to go shoppin. The hubby says he'll give me 200 bucks to get mature looking staple pieces (that'll get me a pair of pants and a couple shirts I guess)... the more I see clothes like those dresses I want MOOOORE! I need a job...

southern daze said...

Those dresses are gorgeous!

Milltini said...

Love the dresses! I had a lot anxiety last night about everything going on, but the country will get through this. History has tested us time and time again, and somehow, someway, we always prevail in the end...chin up!

Nicole said...

I love the David Meister dress! So perfect for a rehearsal dinner. And the Nicole Miller one is pretty fab too!

Good luck tomorrow at your weigh in! You'll do great :)

Rebecca Taylor said...

I love the dresses. The second is my favorite!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh I love the dresses! I need to find one for Hubs' work Christmas party soon! Keep 'em coming! And I'll pray everything goes great tomorrow!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

yummy recipe and i LOVE the david meister dress!!!

La Pixie said...

from one uberconservative to another: keep praying for our country.

we got what we asked for (well, what some of us asked for)... lets hope that God is merciful to us.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

All the dresses are super cute! Especially the BCBG one!

GIRL FROM THE LAND of 10KL said...

Super cute dresses!

Good luck tomorrow =)

Danica said...

I love ALL those dresses.. I love anything with bows! So cute! Anyways, I completly agree with you about the election, It's all in God's hands and it will work out to his will! :)

Kris Norman said...

Love that sheath dress!

Muffy said...

What wonderful finds!!!! LOVE that first dress!

Megan said...

Yup, I was very upset last night as well. And today actually.

Loveee those dresses.

JMBMOMMY said...

Fun blog...cute dresses. Good luck on weigh in! :)

Tracy's Porch said...

Love the dresses!

Kappa Prep said...

Great dresses. I shed a few tears and have prayed too!

kesha said...

Dream dresses factory is the nation's leading bridal dresses retailer with over 280 stores on the world, they are doing wholesale business, retail and oem.All products are made by our own factory with good quality.

-------------------------------------

kesha

Internet Marketing

Being Brazen said...

How do you feel about Obama?

I make a very similar broccoli bake recipe, but i dont use dijon mustard. I should try that

Love the dresses...Love them all...

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

OOOOhhhh, I looove those dresses. Esp the black one. Ah, beautiful. I love these healthy recipes you are sharing with us! Keep 'em coming, lady!

Lauren said...

I'm with you! I love the dresses you posted!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

That last dress is adorable!

Tara Caire said...

that recipe sounds yummy and i love those dresses.. i dream about dresses... well everyday! hahaha

La Pixie said...

I tagged you!

http://chroll.blogspot.com/

Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.