Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WWW


It's Weight Watchers Wednesday! Yippee! I don't have a lot of news to report really. I don't think that I mentioned last week (due to my forgetfulness & well... anger) But after my weigh in last Thursday at the Dr I had not lost any weight (for the 3rd freakin week in a row)! I was really down and disappointed (and premenstrual) so I was quite emotional. 3 WEEKS AND NO LOSS... (or gain so I have to be positive about that) can be quite frustrating when you are paying what I am paying to help me get these pesky pounds off!!!!!!!!! But alas... I weigh in tomorrow and according to my scale at home I should have a loss this week for sure. If I don't. No more Dr for me I don't think. I might give it one more week, but I can't justify paying for this Dr to help me if I am only going to maintain (plus I can think of several things I could put that money toward, see here and here)!! So let's all cross our fingers that I am a LOSER tomorrow!! :)

Speaking of LOSER... anyone else a FANATIC about Biggest Loser??? I admit that I am overly obsessed with this show (and Bob and Jillian)! I want them both to be my personal trainers. I would be in tip top shape!! But about the show... I am sick and tired of Vicki and her a-hole husband Brady! They get on my nerves! Seriously! I have decided she is a cold-hearted bitch (I just can't say it any nicer really!!!) She is inappropriate and mean and her husband needs a backbone. And Heba and Ed... oh me. They are in for it! Vicki is only out for herself. I couldn't have been more pumped that BRADY got kicked off. I was so proud of Amy C for doing what was the best for her and being the deciding vote to oust him!!!!! HOLLA! Anyway, onto nicer couples, I loooove Phil and Amy. Not only are they southern and sweet but they are really good people trying to better their lives for them and their children. They are just there to play the game and win money! But since they are no longer there, I am obviously pulling for the black team girls and Amy C on Bobs team! I am usually a huge Bob Team fan, but this year he just got screwed with some horrible people! I can't wait for Vicki to go home! I wanted to jump through the TV last night and punch her, yes PUNCH, not slap, but knock her clean out :)

Ok back to helping US out this week. Monday night I cooked this recipe I mentioned last week in my post and Hubs said it was really good. I tasted the cheese and it was really tasty!!

This week I am sharing another recipe... (obviously I loooove cheese and pasta is my fave!)

Easy Macaroni and Cheese

POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:

12 oz uncooked pasta, elbow macaroni or other small shape (about 3 cups)
1/8 tsp table salt, for pasta cooking water
2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp table salt
3/4 tsp onion powder
1 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp-variety
1/3 tsp hot pepper sauce, or more to taste


Directions:

Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, while pasta cooks, in a large saucepan, whisk together milk, flour, salt and onion powder until blended.* Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and whisk in cheese and hot sauce. Add sauce to pasta; toss to mix and coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.


So how have you ladies done this week? I wanna hear some yummy holiday recipes that won't hurt the waist line :) Pleeeease!

I will let you all know about my weight loss tomorrow :) Promise!

23 comments:

morewineplease said...

DOnt be too discouraged... you look great!
So wish that I loved to cook, I would take advantage of your recipes!

Rebecca Taylor said...

I agree. You look wonderful!! I can't wait to hear about your weigh in!

Candice McCoy said...

Good luck at your weight in tomorrow. Way to go for sticking with it, even when you feel like you aren't seeing results! That's some willpower!

I am totally with you on Biggest Loser. Oh my gosh...I wish I could just slap Vicki! She is so darn mean. And I was so proud of Amy C.

Looking forward to hearing your results tomorrow! I lost 1 lb this week. Slow and easy wins the race, right?!!

Monogramchick said...

Thanks for sharing that yummy mac and cheese recipe!
No loss is better than a gain and I'm with morewineplease and rebecca--you look great :)

Check the stockings again, I think I fixed the error.

Danica said...

Good luck tomorrow! I would be frusterated with the doc if I were you too.

Biggest loster.. for sure Vicki is one CRAZY B! Next week looks wild... I saw a paper with REVENGE on it.. PUHLLLEAASE Vicki would do something like that.

Can't wait to read tomorrow!

Beck said...

Hello from sunny Southern CA! I have found your blog, and although I can't remember how, I am so glad I did. I HAD to leave a comment regarding your post about the Biggest Loser. I LOVE that show, also love Bob and Jillian and also can not stand Vicki and her annoying husband Brady! I am so glad I am not the only one who feels like she deserves a good old fashioned bitch slap! Yep, I said it...right accross her face! Oh, and Jillian has a morning talk radio program Sunday's for 3 hours or so here in CA. I LOVE it and listen every week. What a peach she is (; I look forward to reading your blog. Have a great day!

SassyEngineer said...

I agree with the above - you look fabulous! I am also excited to try the mac n cheese - that is definitely a weakness of mine! Let me know if you get any great healthy holiday recipes :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Keep hanging in there! That recipe sounds so good!

Muffy said...

This sounds DELICIOUS! I'll have to try to make it!

Mojito Maven said...

Hang in there!!! That's what I keep telling myself. Eventually YOU WILL get over this plateau!! We're in this together!!!!!!

I used to watch the biggest loser but I have been so busy this season that I haven't watched it :(

*One Step at a Time* said...

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! You are simply plateau-ing! This happens a lot with people and happened with me, too! I found that it happened with me because I was eating the same thing over and over again! I'm not sure if this is the case with you but there are many reasons for a plateau. Try and ask your doctor tomorrow (if you don't see a big difference) if he/she has any suggestions. Good luck and i'll be thinking of you!!!

BAJohnson said...

OM to the G. I am so glad that there are other Vicky haters out there! Even my husband was getting very irritated with her and was so glad that Brady went home. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!

Molly's Mom said...

Love Love Pasta! I will have to try that receipe.

Kitty Cat said...

That recipe sounds easy and tasty! Hope your weigh in is better this time!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

hang in there. you're gorgeous and your body will do what's right for you.

i'm with you on the biggest loser. i am always a bob team's fan, but this time i can only support amy c. i was SO proud of her and you could tell that she is so scared about what vicki is going to do to her! i think i'm cheering for colleen to win the whole thing. i want amy of amy and phil to win the $100,000. she's my favorite by far!

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

I am a Biggest Loser freak and I absolutely detest Vicky and her husband. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy Amy voted for the husband and he was sent packin'. YAY! Now time to get Vicky off!!

Emily said...

in all the pictures I see of you.. you look fab!!!!
the mac n cheese recipe looks delish! im going to have to try it:)

Megan said...

I LOVE mac & cheese..will definitely be trying this one out!! You're doing so well!!

P.S. there's a giveaway I linked to on my blog..you should check it out.

Ellen and Don said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love Weight Watchers -- I've done it a few times and it's worked every time (I'm still trying to make it into a "lifestyle"). Some weeks I also only maintained, so it's easy to get discouraged -- but you're right to look at the bright side that you didn't gain. For me, maintaining my weight is half the battle!
By the way, I'm also a pasta and cheese gal ;)

Tracy's Porch said...

Okay - I didn't get to finsih Biggest Loser yet on my DVR. I watched half and had to stop...oh well...that's okay. I can't believe Brady went. I'll have to still finish it to see Vicki's reaction. YES, Vicki DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! She is in it for all the wrong reasons. I am so pulling for black team girls or Amy C. The other three need to GO!

To answer your comment, I have heard Atlanta is a lot like Austin :-) You are cute.

Good luck today with your weigh-in. I'll check back later.

Mrs. Newlywed said...

I left you a little sumptin' sumptin'.

Lindsey said...

I'm surey ou have lost, but don't fret because you look great!

Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to make this. Cheese and pasta are def my faves too!

Lynsey and Brian said...

I love Biggest Loser! Just did a whole post about last night's episode. I can't believe Amy C voted Coleen off. I was pissed!!! And I can't stand Vicki.