Thursday, December 4, 2008

Good & Bad News!

Dear Mr. Big Ass Truck Driver,

When I come out of work to go take my precious furbaby to the vet, my nerves are already shot, as I have been worried sick for 5 days now. So when I come outside in the pouring down rain only to find your BIG ASS TRUCK blocking my car, I am probably going to get REALLY pissed, want to cuss you out and hit your BIG ASS TRUCK with my car!!! And when you leave it running, I just might try to get in it and move it even though it has a huge trailer on the back. I am also likely to stand in the rain, with my little umbrella, in high heels, with my leg cocked to one side, one hand on my hip, tapping my foot, until you come and move your BIG ASS TRUCK! And when the construction manager outside of my work tells you why you need to move your truck (b/c I have a Dr appt), I need you to move your ASS. Not like a turtle moves, but like a freakin jaguar!!!! I am now late because of you, so get to movin'!! And when you back your BIG ASS TRUCK UP, try to do it a little faster than 0.1267 miles per freakin hour!! Because of you, I missed hearing what the Dr had to say about my baby Dansby. Because of you I drove like a maniac in smalltown, GA in the pouring down rain!! Because of you, I could have died!!!!! (Dramatic? Yes, who cares) And when you finally, 20 minutes later, do come move your RUNNING truck and do not apologize, I will want to want to shoot you a bird (with both hands), but being the Christian woman I am and I am trying not to get killed, I won't! But I DO NOT appreciate you blocking me in for 20 minutes when I have a very important appointment to get to. Because of you my blood pressure is still up and my anxiety level probably won't drop the rest of the day! So THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!

Not your friend,
Pissed LyndsAU


So, yeah, that really happened! I was fuming! And I don't get THAT angry over things like that, but seriously dude! UGH! But moving on... ok good news first... the GIVEAWAY is now closed... I have cut up all 118 comments, well actually more than that because my followers got two, (I mean WOW- what great bloggy friends I have) and they have been placed in a bag and Hubs will draw the winner later tonight. One thing I can warn you of, our appearance in the pictures tonight won't be pretty... after the gym and showers, no make up and wet hair = not so hot LyndsAU!! :) But he will draw and I will have pictures to prove it! I can't wait to see who wins :) SO FUN!

Ok, onto the bad (but somewhat good) news... as it turns out, Dansby has Epilepsy. Honestly, I didn't even know dogs could have seizures or Epilepsy for that matter. But they can. If you want to read more about it you can do that here! He has to take medicine the rest of his life, two times a day! It's a tiny little pill that should prevent him from having anymore seizures. The Dr said it was our decision about whether we wanted to give him the meds, I mean HELLO. It's a no brainer. The pills will be $11/month! Hello, I think I can do without something so he can have meds. The Dr said there's a chance he might never have another seizure, but because he's home alone a lot (while we are at work), we might miss one. So no chances there. My little precious Dans (one of his many nicknames) will be taking meds forever. God love him! He is just precious. So keep us in your prayers. But he should be ok! :)
Below are some pictures of my babies. Dansby is the black one! All black Shih Tzus are very rare so that makes him even more special!! His hair is really short in the last one, but his hair is really long right now like the sweater picture! Ohhh I just love him!

37 comments:

An Atlanta Bride said...

Seriously. People can be so rude...and care less that they are interfering with people's schedules!! Your post was hilarious!!! I was literally laughing out loud. I know in that moment, you wanted to put your Christianity on the shelf! I hope your precious little one will be ok. Im' sure you'll take good care of him :)

Kappa Prep said...

I am glad that Dansby will be okay and that meds can somewhat 'cure' his illness! Uh, I CANNOT believe the rudeness you encountered this afternoon. Some people are so inconsiderate!

Chic Runner said...

So glad Dansby will be okay! :) And that truck driver was super annoying! I would have been really upset. Way to not go out and kill him :)

Lis said...

How rude!! What is wrong with people!! Geez!

And I am glad your little baby is ok - my childhood dog, a white German Shepard named Jag, had epilepsy. It was so scary at first but as soon as we got him on the medicine he lived a very full and very happy life!! :) Good luck!! He's in my thoughts!

Mrs. Cup said...

Your letter to the driver was hilarious!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Dansby, but I'm glad it's something you can control with a little medicine! Poor baby!!

I can't wait to see who wins the giveaway!!

KLC said...

So glad a little medicine is all your precious pup needs! 11 bucks a month is so cheap too, well worth it

d.a.r. said...

See if you can get the prescription filled at a human pharmacy--it can be a lot cheaper! My girlfriend does that for her dog that is on meds all of the time.

Sorry about your little man! Hopefully it never happens again!

Gwen said...

I am glad you found out what Dansby has and that you'll be able to control the seizures. I've been praying for you all like crazy!!!

Second I had the same freaking thing happen to me one day while I was on lunch at the mall. The selfish person blocked another person in as well and 30 minutes later (yep I was 20 minutes late back to work) the woman truck driver came walking out of TJ Maxx with bags!!! She had freaking been shopping not delivering anything. It took all of my power and a huge come to Jesus to not jump out of the car and physically hurt her.

Just breathe deeply!! I can't wait to see who wins but I'm still secretly hoping its me. :)

Big hugs for you and Dansby!!!

Cali Girl said...

poor pup. feel better little guy!!!

Krystyn said...

That sucks about the truck driver...really!

And, sorry about your dog. I hope you can keep it under control.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

So sorry to hear about poor Dansby and his epilepsy! That's so sad. I had no idea that could happen. Glad there are meds that can help him!

That would have pissed me off going through what you went through with truck driver! Especially with you being worried about poor Dansbys appointment.

preppy little dress said...

poor pouch, epilepsy - i never knew that was possible! poor thing! sorry about the truck driver, i hate it when that sort of thing happens! ugh!!

Mrs.B said...

I am so glad that it was something that was treatable! I have never heard of dog's having epilepsy, def. different! Hope your day got much better :)

The Mrs said...

I would be so upset that I think I would have moved it myself after about 5 minutes. The mail man always parks infront of my car and it makes me so mad.
Glad that it your doggie will be ok though.

Meghan said...

Ahhhhh hahahahahahah-- you are too funny-- i totally understand they think cause they have "BIG ASS TRUCKS" they can run the world ---hahaha
NewsFLASH ! You dont!

hope dansby is ok :)

Mojito Maven said...

1. Seriously that guy was RUDE
2. I'm sorry to hear about Dansby but at least he has some medicine that will hopefully help it from happening again!!!

Island Girl said...

I have a Shih Tzu too! I'll have to post pictures of her soon!

I feel your pain with the truck drivers! I'm still waiting on the claims department to call me about them hitting me...grrr...

Megan said...

I hate people. :) Okay fine, not all people. Just Mr. Big Ass Truck Driver and Lady across my street who lets her dog shit everywhere :)

Vineyard Vogue said...

Aww cute pics of the pups! I'm so glad to hear that Dansby will be ok! :)

And what a brat that truck driver was! I'd be tapping my foot, ready to start swingin' too!

The Pink Owl said...

I don't blame you for being angry! I don't know if I could've held it together as well as you did ;) So glad your pup is gonna be OK. My brother's dog has the same thing and since she's gone on meds she's been just fine!

Being Brazen said...

your dogs are so cute

Kitty Cat said...

I am so glad Dansby is ok, and yes, we had a boxer when I was a kid, that also suffered from epilepsy. He would have regular fits at night (I don't know if they had medication for it back then) and would bang around the kitchen. It wasn't nice.

My blood pressure would also be soaring if I was blocked in.

the pink putter said...

So glad to hear that your pup will be okay. $11/month as a cure? That's fantastic!

I can't believe how rude some people can be. Just because you're bigger than everyone on the road doesn't mean you can do whatever you want!

I have to say, the thought of you jumping in the big truck and moving it yourself gave me a chuckle : )

Mrs. Stilettos said...

What a rude jerk. People amaze me...I am glad that your little buddy will be ok but I know the news is hard for you to hear.

Living for the Little Moments said...

My parents have a beagle (Lady) who was chasing another dog in our backyard when they had a slobber knocker head on collision. Shortly after that Lady started having mild seizures. They took her to the vet, and found out the seizures weren't severe enough to need medicine, and she luckily only has them about 4x a year. They were really scary at first, but my parents have figured out that talking to her calmly and taking her outside in fresh air helps her come out of them much quicker. And yeh, I would have been beyond ill about the truck making me miss such an important appointment too! I'm glad your baby is going to be ok!!

jessica lynn said...

awww your little puppeh! precious little thing! i am glad that the dr. could diagnose him and now you can take care of him!!

SassyEngineer said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Dansby, but at least he will be okay and the meds are relatively inexpensive - that is great news! I'm also sorry about the truck. That is so annoying when people do stuff without thinking how it might affect others. Anyway, I can't wait to hear about the giveaway :)

Emily said...

some people just have no common curiosty... none whatsoever. My friend has a dog who she has to give him meds everyday and she said really it isnt that bad because it has just became soo routine. Im glad they found out what is wrong with him tho!!! God love him!

The Pink Chick said...

I thought that Dansby might be diagnosed with epilepsy. My friend has a great dane with epilepsy, and he is doing great with his medicine! I know Dansby will be happy and healthy!

With Love from New Orleans said...

That is such good news about dansby! The meds are soooo worth it!! That sweater is adorable!

Holly said...

Dansby is the cutest little thing ever! I'm glad he will be ok :)

Tracy's Porch said...

Glad to hear Dansby will be okay. Both of my dogs have had to be on meds for one thing or another. My Dakota (passed away in August) had to be on Prozac for anxiety and it ran us $80 for a month and 1/2 supply so $11/month for doggie meds is GOOD!

morewineplease said...

I am sooo sorry about the bad news, poor little guy! but you all look beautiful in the pics!!!!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I'm glad you figured out what the problem was. A couple pills a day is no big deal! :)

Tara Gibson said...

so glad you found on what was wrong with your pup! Dansby is so cute!

loved your letter. i would have been fuming too!

Sarah Danielle said...

I am totally kidnapping your adorable puppies!! Aww!!

The Shabby Princess said...

Some people are so mean, I swear! Even if your little guy has to be on meds for the rest of his life, at least you'll know that he'll be OK on the meds. How scary. I"m glad he's going to be OK. I just found out my precious baby girl furbaby won't be with me much longer, so, I'm SO glad to hear that your little guy will be OK.