Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm lusting...

...over these thanks to Shop It To Me!







On sale at Saks from $845.00 to 253.45


(I'm drooling over here! This is a freakin' steal)




On sale at Bloomingdales from $228 to $109.44 (you have to use the code SAVEMORE at checkout to get this price)

Now, I will be the first to say that Lilly isn't really my style. I think i have said that before. But I love this dress. I didn't even realize it was Lilly until I clicked from my email to the Bloomies website. I love it and for that price, wow!




Lilly Pulitzer "Sandpiper" Dress in Lilly Palooza Print

On sale at Bloomingdales from $328 to $157.44! (you have to use the code SAVEMORE at checkout to get this price)

Again, I am typically not attracted to Lilly style but this is precious! And might I add would look FABULOUS with the Jimmy's above :)

Ok, now that that's out of my system... I have a recipe to share with you... I cooked it last night for Hubs and my parents. It is so simple and sooo YUM! Mom and dad came in town for dinner and to go see Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens. If you have never heard of it, click on the link above. It's very well known in the southeast. People come from hours away to see it. It's beautiful. Over eight million lights! It's crazy! Not that I haven't been already, but I am officially in the Christmas spirit after last nights fun! Here is the recipe ladies... and beware, your husband might request this over and over :)

Barbecue Roast:

Ingredients:

- About 3 lbs Roast (any will do) I used chuck because that was what was affordable. Brisket does not work well.
- ½ bottle of liquid smoke (I used Mesquite flavor, but either is fine) you can find this in the barbecue, Worcestershire, steak sauce section
- 1 bottle of favorite barbecue sauce. I used Cattlemen's (this has become my favorite) Your barbecue sauce is the most important ingredient for the flavor of your barbecue.

I cut the fat off the outside of the roast before I start. (and this activity is now why I won't eat this anymore-I kept saying how sorry I was to the cow-I told yall I was super weird about meat!) Put your roast on in the crock pot. Pour ½ bottle of liquid smoke over the roast. Cook on low 8 – 10 hours (longer if making more). Your meat should easily pull apart with a fork. If your meat isn’t falling apart, turn your crock pot on high and cook longer. Pour off excess liquid. I try to take out as much of the fat as I can at this point, but there won't be much on it if you cut if off at first. I didn't have hardly any at all! Stir in barbecue sauce and continue to heat for at another 30-60 minutes.

TADA! That's it! I served it with mashed potatoes, corn and baked beans! While everyone else was munching down on this, I was enjoying my ever so yummy LC Pizza :) It's so funny how I am loving to cook more and more, but won't eat any of it! Strange I know! ;)

Have a great weekend ladies. I am off tonight to a hockey game (my first one). Should be interesting. Watching a good fight, while drinking a good beer... sounds good right about now! TGIF!

And HAPPY 8 MONTH ANNIVERSARY HONEY!!! Love you!

27 comments:

Liana said...

oh my gosh get the shoes!! even the dresses are such a steal! and the roast sounds SO good

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Those shoes are gorgeous!! And by the way, it's me and my hubby's 8 months today too!!!!! Exciting :)

Lindsey said...

Aww Happy 8 months!!!

Thanks for the recipe, looks yummy!

A Belle and her Beau said...

okay I have never really COMPLETELY totally screwed up a recipe before ... that is before I made that stupid bbq roast. I put it in one saturday night and was going to take it out before church on sunday morning. well I over slept like 5 hours and when I woke up that roast was like wood. I cried. real tears. no lie. ask kathy :)

amy (metz) walker said...

Loving those shoes...they'd still make my husband have a heart attack if I bought them at that price, but I ADORE them!!!

Happy 8 months!

Mojito Maven said...

i am determined to buy an awesome pair of shoes once i get my smokin hot body haha! love these!

Mrs. Newlywed said...

Oh you know I love my Lilly :)

However, those shoes are AMAZING!

Laurie said...

Oh, those shoes are HOT! And they would look awesome with both dresses - I love it all!

My kindred shoe-soul:)

Mrs H said...

I love it that you have such a specific style! Everything I have seen you post looks like it could be one big fashion collection.

NewlywedCentral said...

Love your style... I would never think to pick those things out (but that may also have something to do with the fact that I'm 5'3... Height matters!

happy 8 months!

Tracy's Porch said...

I do a roast similar to that. So easy and yummy!

I always love seeing your fashion posts!

Mrs. Cup said...

Happy 8 months!!!

SassyEngineer said...

Yay for 8 months! I also love the dresses. I so wish you lived close - it would be so much fun to drink wine and work on house projects. Maybe we should work first and then wine -haha! If you ever move over this way - let me know!!!

Jessica said...

Love those dresses. Especially the first one. Too cute!
I also love Cattlemans bbq.. yum! It goes great with a pork loin cooked in the crocked pot and shredded up! And one more thing I love ~ Hockey Games. You'll have a blast!

Holly said...

I am not a big lily fan either but both of those dresses are amazing!!! LOVE the shoes :) Have a great weekend!

Petunia said...

That is an awesome deal on those shoes!
Of course I love those Lilly dresses! The problem for me is that they are REALLY short!!!

morewineplease said...

I so wish I had long legs so I could pull that stuff off~~ I so would! Great finds.. and yes that is a steel!

Island Girl said...

I tagged you and Happy 8 months!

Being Brazen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Being Brazen said...

Happy 8 months - how cute!

LOVE the Lilly "sandpiper" dress - its stunning.

Krystyn said...

I don't do "hunk of meat" recipes for the same reason. Yuck to all that fat!

Happy 8 months.

Izzy said...

LOVING that second dress!

P said...

You're right those shoes are a steal!
Lilly's not really my style, either, but I do love the dress.

Lulu said...

Great shopping finds!!!! You have amazing taste;) GEt those shoes!!!

xoxo, Lulu

KLC said...

how was the hockey game? Parrothead is a huge bruins fan and I love going to games with him. Especially now that I have a pink Bruins hat :)

I hope you play along with the "Favorites" game! I just gave on of my non-verbal students a alphabet puzzle and told him to give me one piece... and he chose T, so that's your letter! :)

Mrs. Nurse said...

I haven't been on here since vacation so instead of posting on all your post's I missed I will leave one big one. Congratulations on 8 months as well as the weight loss. You look amazing in your after pictures. Gives me a ton of inspiration! And love those shoes!

NewlywedCentral said...

Hey! You've been awarded -- Thanks for being a great blogger :)