Monday, December 29, 2008

Seriously, where do I start?

Not blogging for a whole week has killed me and now I have so much to say that I will have to do it over several posts. Also, I promise I am reading all of the week worth of posts I missed, but commenting slows me down, so I will get back on the commenting as soon as I catch up on my reading :)
Let me first say that our 1st Marred Christmas was nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!! More details to come on that very soon!
I do want to share how my wonderful 6 Days off for Christmas started...

Last Monday, I had been making plans all day to shop in Atlanta on Tuesday. Just some last minute things. I was also going to have my engagement ring and wedding bands cleaned while I was there. So I had a packed Tuesday planned, all by my lonesome! I had also been planning a CRAZY workout sessions for that Monday. I was pumped about it. P-U-M-P-E-D!! I desperately needed a good workout and I was planning to run til I passed out! Hubs had sent me an email Monday morning saying he had a surprise for me that night, but didn't say what. By 3:00 that afternoon, I was CONVINCED I was getting a GOLDENDOODLE!! I had mentioned it in emails a few times and he didn't shoot it down. So I though, maybe!! Well, 4:45 pm gets here and my husband walks in my office in a suit (typically he wears slacks and polos or button downs to work). I was so confused. He then told me that he had planned us a romantic night in downtown Atlanta. I was SHOCKED and so surprised. He did a GREAT job planning and getting things in order. He had packed my bags for me (that is a post in and of itself), took the dogs to my in-laws and had come to pick me up to whisk me away to a night by ourselves, stress-free, in ATL! I get in my car to take it home and there sat the most beautiful bouquet of roses... how sweet is that?? We stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Downtown Atlanta. Which, by the way, is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. He then presented me with one of my Christmas gifts. I had emailed this to he and my mom in case they needed help for Christmas gifts :) He had to call several Nordstroms to get it because the one in ATL was sold out. I am pretty sure he told me the one I have came from a Nordstrom in California. :) How precious is he?? My gift he gave me is here. So I got all dressed up and we went for a wonderful dinner at Trader Vics. It's such a cool restaurant and they serve so many different dishes, but of course, I had to change my order to fit my pickiness and diet, so I had teriyaki chicken over white rice. It was sooo yummy!! We then retired to our room to watch some trashy television and enjoy the beautiful view from our room. It was wonderful. The next morning, he dropped me off at Lenox Square Mall where I shopped while he went to take my rings to be cleaned. (again, how precious??) Then we headed over to Perimeter Mall so I could hit up a few more stores :) It was a VERY successful day! And I enjoyed some time away from Smalltown, GA with no stress, just me and my husband!! We lead busy busy lives and it was great to get away for a day!
But of course, we got back Tuesday and it was back to the grind or CRAZINESS!! I was bound and determined to workout (since he stole me from me super duper planned workout Monday) so we rushed home, threw on some workout clothes and off we went to the gym. I ran my tail off... then we rushed (sweaty and all) to his dad's birthday dinner. Yes, I went sweaty and looking like pure CRAP to his dad's dinner. I had to workout yall. Yes, I realize this is borderline obsessive. I have come to realize that my working out has become a #1 priority for me, above some things it shouldn't be above.

So that is pretty much how my pre holiday days went :) I have much to blog about so make sure to check back with me!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas (or holiday) and that you were all so blessed. I know I sure did and sure was!!

Hugs!

27 comments:

The Fabulous Side of Me said...

Hello. I came across your blog through The Shabby Princess. I love how you say "I'm a socialite without the money or the last name and I have a fabulous life!" I feel the same way and my dad tells me all the time that I have champagne taste on a Target/Walmart budget :) Enjoyed reading your blog but I am sorry to hear you are a Auburn fan :-) Roll Tide!

Tracy's Porch said...

How sweet is your hubby????? wow! It sounds like such a wonderful start to the holiday. Can't wait to read more.

Katie said...

how romantic! I love it. and that dress is fabulous - how does it look on?!

Krystyn said...

Oh, what a great hubby!

He bought your a dress? I can't even imagine my hubby doing this!

Glad you enjoyed your time in ATL! Next time, we need to make it a get together.

kb said...

did you ever get your Britney tickets??

M and G said...

Your hubs just scored MAJOR points!! Can you give him my hubs number so he can give him tips?! Haha JK.

Sarah said...

what a sweet surprise spending quality time witht the Mr.

jessica lynn said...

awwww, how sweet!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, such a sweet husband!!

morewineplease said...

AWWWW! What an awesome guy! that is so sweet.. enjoy that spontaneous stuff now!!

Mojito Maven said...

that is so sweet of your hubby and very thoughtful!!!!!!! i can't wait to hear about the rest of your holiday! i missed you!

Jessica said...

Hoowwww Sweeet! Your are too lucky to have such a thoughtful hub!!
And you've done a great job at making sure we all stick around your blog for the rest of the week (not that I wouldn't as is) but you have me very anxious to here more!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I was SOOO excited when you said you got a Goldendoodle :( Maybe one day! Your hubs is a super sweety! How romantic to be whisked away. What a fun time! And good for you on working out so much. I wish I had your dedication.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Spectacular indeed! You're a lucky gal and he's a lucky guy!

Lauren said...

What a sweet and thoughtful husband you have!

DANIELLE NICOLE DOWNING said...

Lucky Girl!!! :)

Izzy said...

Sounds like a wonderful first Christmas together!

The Pink Chick said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful! I need to e-mail this post to my husband as a hint! How romantic and thoughtful of your sweet husband! By the way,love, love the dress!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

How absolutely wonderful!? I'm jealous. And I love the dress. I too, am looking forward to hearing more - esp. about him packing for you! My boyfriend would pack the most hilarious things, I cannot even imagine!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. Like us, the first of many great ones to come!

Britni and Justin said...

How sweet!!! Glad you had a great Christmas!

Being Brazen said...

your first married christmas sounds wonderful.

Hopw you have a great New years eve.

Holly said...

I have missed you!!!! Happy New Year!

Mrs. Cup said...

I need to get on your workout plan....I'd love advice!!! Ahh...

Happy New Year!

E.B. in Tennessee said...

I loooove shopping in Atlanta! We may just have to meet up at Lenox or Perimeter Mall sometime :)
Hope you and your family have a wonderful new year!

NewlywedCentral said...

SOOOOO FUN!!! Can't believed I missed this post... what a great time :)

Hope to hear more soon!

CHEERS TO 2009!!!

Sarah Danielle: Jeune Marie said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing holiday!! Can't wait to hear more!!