Thursday, December 18, 2008

Seriously...

Come on! Is it seriously 75 degrees here in Smalltown, GA today! Oh my gah. I am wearing a skirt, pumps and thin long sleeve sweater and I am SWEATING MY A** off! It's one week away from Christmas and it's 75 degrees. I could have seriously (no lie) laid out today and got a nice tan! Most people would not complain about this weather and I hate to because I know our friends up north and even to out west are getting pounded by snow, but it's Christmas time and it's hard to get all in the Winter-y/Christmas spirit with it being so dang hot. I mean, might I finish my Christmas shopping this weekend in Birmingham, AL with shorts on???? I just might!

And I want to thank Newlywed Central for this sweet, sweet blog award. The things that she said about me are so sweet. I am truly bless to be able to call her a real friend. We talk through email and we communicate weekly, and not just on Blogger. She is an amazing woman that has so many gifts God has given her. Her blog is a wonder to read. She is an inspiration to me, that's for sure! So thank you Newlywed Central. And I am glad that we are friends! It's amazing how many sweet people I have met through blogging. Some that I talk to often and really do consider friends. I talk about you to Hubs like we have known each other for years. (And thankfully he no longer things I am CRAZY CRAZY!!)
I am not going to nominate my friends today, but I will. I have some GREAT friends in mind for this one! I can nominate 8-10 and that will be hard to only pick 10 but like I said. I definitely have relationships outside of Blogger with some of you and I am so grateful for that! Even though we don't see each other or talk on the phone, I consider you to be my real friends!!
Nominations to come later! It's been a crazy, HOT, day here in GA! :)

18 comments:

Not Your Average Belle said...

Boooo to the weather! I have been grumpy all day because it's too stinkin' hot out. Are we really expected to get in the Christmas spirit when it feels like May?

Bama Belle... said...

I am PRAYING it doesn't snow tonight/tomorrow in NYC because if so, I highly doubt my plane back to Birmingham will take off tomorrow night! I have such big plans for Christmas shopping at the Summitt on Saturday! (oh, and it was 65 on Monday here and then snowed on Tuesday.)

Krystyn said...

It is hot here, too! Ick. I'm ready for winter already!

Congrats on the award.

Jordan said...

You mean you had higher temps there than we had here in AZ? That's amazing! We're FINALLY in the 50's here, and it rained! Come visit Phoenix in July or August, then you'll really sweat! =) On a separate note, your X-mas decorations are very nice-I liked your 12 days theme. Have a wonderful Christmas!

NewlywedCentral said...

THANK YOU for your incredibly sweet words :)

USCEmily said...

I feel your frustration about the weather. High of 78 degrees today and I'm hosting a Christmas party tonight...doesn't really seem to go together!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

haha USCEmily and I are real life friends and live in the same town. i was going to write the same thing that she wrote as my comment! :) 78 degrees here today!!! it's just not right.

SassyEngineer said...

You totally deserve it - even though we haven't talked much other than through comments, I can tell you are a great friend! I have loved meeting so many new friends through blogging - congrats and have an awesome day!

DANIELLE NICOLE DOWNING said...

I feel you on the weather!! It has been here in the 80's in FL!!

YOU have all these cute blog awards.. I am jealous!!! :) :)

Emily said...

i know how you feel... i live in oklahoma and we never know what the weather is going to be like.. sunday it was 65 and then by sunday night the temp dropped 30 degrees! wowzer! then today high 50 and tomorrow high of 20! weird!

Katie said...

this Georgia weather is getting to me too...Dear God, please let it snow. Amen

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Congrats on the award! And I know exactly what you mean about the weather being so HOT. We've been in the upper 70's and it's supposed to be 80 on Saturday!! Yuck!

Megan said...

I know how you feel! It is hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you are sweating!! I would LOVE a white Christmas just once!

morewineplease said...

Its too warm in OKC too... My hubby actaully said he was read to move so we could have a white Christmas!
Congrats on your award, you are a sweet heart!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Yep...80 here for the past two days.

P said...

It's hot here too. Just doesn't feel like Christmas when you're sweating it out!

Sara said...

I'm from Houston, living in Louisiana now and I hate the weather. You never get used to the heat and humidity. I'm convinved I was meant to live up north. I need cold weather and snow. Now, I just need to convince my husband.

Holly said...

I will glady trade weather with you :)