Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tags Galore & A Yum Recipe

I know I am not always the BEST about posting when someone tags me. Last week I was tagged several times. Thank you ladies for thinking of me and I am sorry I am just getting around to them!! If you aren't interested in reading these random facts about me... skip to the recipe, you won't regret it :)

The Heckathorns tagged me to list "10 Random Things About Myself." I will do my best to list 10 things you don't already know, but I am betting you will all be like "I already knew that!"

1. I am a big college football fan , even bigger SEC football fan, and a GINORMOUS Auburn football fan. Duh! :)
2. I actually enjoy cooking. I love it more and more and I don't even mind cleaning up the mess. It's become my new obsession I guess!
3. If I could do any one thing as a career, it would be to rescue animals!! My heart breaks for all animals. I have such a soft spot for them! I absolutely adore them! Especially dogs!
4. I annoy myself with this whole "weight loss" thing! I really do!
5. I am OCD when it comes to food. I mean border line crazy about food. (Feel free to ask questions about this is you want-there's way too much to tell-ha)
6. I have four half brothers. I am the only child from my parents marriage!
7. I was, at one point in my life, a devoted beauty pageant contestant! I freakin loved them!
8. I really do enjoy working out, I just wish I had more time in my days to do it!
9. My house is rarely out of order. Dusty? Yes! But things have to be in place before I can sleep usually!
10. I couldn't live without this fat free, calorie free wing sauce I have discovered. I could live off of that and Fat free crackers, I swear!


With Love From New Orleans tagged me to "Share 6 habits/quirks about yourself." I just shared a few, but here are 6 more :)

1. I have to clean the kitchen right after we eat dinner. I just can't help myself.
2. I have to use a towel twice before washing. But ONLY twice!
3. ALL of my towels have to be used before I will wash ANY of them! Strange I know! (I always wash new towels, I just mean once they are clean and in the closet, they have to all be used before I wash!) :)
4. When I put clean dishes up, I put the clean ones on the bottom so they all get equal use (like they would get their feelings hurt-ha)
5. I absolutely have to wash my face before bed. No matter how sick, drunk, tired or what... gotta be clean faced!
6. I always have to have earrings in. I feel naked without them!! :)


And Meghan tagged me to play in the Candy Cane Questions! I like that this is all about Christmas time :)

1. What is your favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation hands down!
2. Favorite Christmas Song? I love anything by the Trans Siberian Orchestra!
3. Favorite Holiday Memory? All the Christmas Eve's and mornings at my mom and dads house. So much fun!
4. What kind of cookie/treat do you like to make? Sausage Balls with my dad
5. Have you ever made an igloo? No-sad?
6. Do you love Starbucks? I am not loving it,but then again I don't' like coffee too much! I want to love it so bad though!
7. What makes the perfect Snowman? Well snow of course... carrot for his nose... scarf to keep him warm-ha! Coal for his buttons!
8. Best gift you have ever given? An Auburn picture
9. Best gift you have ever received? That's a tough one. From Hubs, I would say my Satellite Radio. I couldn't live without it! From my mom, I have to say, my slide bracelet!
10. What is the snowman's name on Rudolph? OMG-no idea!
11.Silver or Gold? Both please :)
12. What is your favorite Christmas decoration? My 12 Days of Christmas ornaments by House of Hatten!
13. What's your Christmas decorating style? Whimsical & 12 Days of Christmas!
14. Do you hang stockings? Sure do! 4. My pups have to have their own!
15. How many days do you celebrate Christmas? I celebrate all month really :) But we will do 3 days at families!
16. What do you want this year? Oh I have a loooong/expensive list! A Marc Jacobs purse, video camera, H&M shopping spree, I could keep going :)
17. What was your favorite ornament on the tree as a child? Easy to answer, it was this heart made out of little wood chips and it smelled like cinnamon and it had a little bear on it. No idea why I loved it so much :) haha


Ok, now I want to tell everyone about a fabulous giveaway... Whitney at That Girl is hosting the cutest "Surprise" giveaway of her favorite things! I wanna win... so don't rush over and enter... haha!


Now for the recipe goodness I promised. Now, I can't tell you how it tastes, because I am still kickin on my diet (plus I am SUPER picky) but it smelled DIVINE and Hubs said it was YUM! So I wanted to share.
Now, I will tell you, it's fairly healthy except for one ingredient really! (well I made it healthy-I always use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray when a recipe calls for butter)


Cajun Chicken Pasta

INGREDIENTS
4 ounces linguine pasta
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat. (I didn't do this I just put the chicken in and sprinkled with Cajun seasoning) In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Saute and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve. ENJOY!!!

22 comments:

Not Your Average Belle said...

I am the same about animals - I love them all and wish I could rescue every dog and kitten I see!

Lindsey said...

I am the same way - I have to wash my face before bed no. matter. what. And I hate not having earrings in, I feel naked!

Great post, loved learning more about you!

A Belle and her Beau said...

I am gonna make that recipe this week possibly ... I think I actually have all the ingredients w/o having to make a grocery run. that is a miracle!

SassyEngineer said...

I loved learning all of your weird things - some of them I knew, but there were some new ones! I am so opposite about towels though - I have to wash them before I use them!

Whitney said...

Thanks for the shout out! I am the same about the face washing, earrings and pets!

The Shabby Princess said...

1. I used to work for the SPCA and leaving that job was the worst thing ever! I never actually came home with a dog, but, I would always roam around the kennels when I got in to see the newbies. It was a wonderful job.
2. I HAVE to wash my face too. Even if I've been sick and have no makeup on anyways, the face has gotta be clean.
3. MMm, that recipe sounds yum!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That recipe sounds delicious!

Mojito Maven said...

that recipe looks awesome!! I have to wash my face before bed too! I feel icky otherwise!

M and G said...

I LOVE THE SURVEYS! WE ARE A LOT ALIKE! AND THE RECIPE LOOKS GREAT! THANKS FOR POSTING
=)

The Heckathorns said...

That recipe sounds good! :) I have to try it! And thanks for playing along! :)

Mrs. Nurse said...

I love National Lampoon's as well. Thanks for the recipe!

Kitty Cat said...

Now I'm curious to hear more about your food thing.
I don't think you should worry about your weight loss obsession - that's a good one!
And I'm the same, I wear earrings EVERYDAY!
What a nice post!
BTW - Did you ever mind being an only child?

Being Brazen said...

I am the same way with my face...I will always go to bed with a clean face.

the cajun chicken pasta sounds divine

Kari Beth said...

Yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

Mrs. Cup said...

We have so many things in common! That recipe sounds amazing!!!

Krystyn said...

That recipe would be the death of me, too!

And, you need to set up an email account so I can reply to your comments:) Let me know if you want to, but need help!

Jaime said...

The Cajun Chicken Pasta sounds yummy

Katie said...

hey girl - just found your blog through bryn & I am so glad to find another georgia girl who was happy about bama losing :)

oh and your furbabies are too cute!

Tiffany said...

I am going to try make that chicken pasta. it sounds delish. thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Ruby said...

I seriously put my clean dishes on the bottom (so the others won't get their feelings hurt) AND I wash my face/brush my teeth no matter WHAT!!!
I can't believe someone else is as neurotic as me. :)

Trooper Thorn said...

Interesting about your towels. It wasn't until I got married that I learned you had to wash towels. I never thought they got dirty since you were always clean when you used them.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

How many points for a serving? And how big is a serving for this? :) thanks girl!