Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trans Siberian Orchestra

My mom and I are headed to The Summit & The Galleria in Birmingham, Alabama today for a little last minute/bum around shopping before we head off to the Trans Siberian Orchestra Concert! I am so pumped. We went two years ago and you wanna talk about getting in the Christmas Spirit!! This will do it. They are absolutely amazing. So talented!! It gives me chills the whole show!! If you don't know anything about them and you enjoy rock/classic music, you can read all about them here. They are TOTALLY AWESOME :) I am leaving Hubs behind here in GA to do some last minute shopping stuff and to take care of our pups :)

Tomorrow Hubs and I will be headed off to our first "FIRST CHRISTMAS" together! It's at my Maw Maw Clark's. She's my last grandparent alive and she isn't in great health, so we will make it a wonderful one for sure. It's a "bring a dish" type deal so I will be bringing a Buffalo Chicken Dip (which is now my signature) and something else, haven't decided what! We always play Dirty Santa. This year, Hubs and I are taking a $25 gift card to Olive Garden and a bottle of their YUMMY salad dressing and an AWESOME Car Wash kit! Hopefully everyone else will bring fun gifts. We have a $25 limit. So it's always lots of fun "stealing" from others!! ha. And then of course you know how everyone usually brings all the "little kids" a gift. Well we don't have any "little kids" (yet-my brother is 38 with no kids and will never have any, my cousin is 21 and not even married so I will be the first to bring a little one into the fam-can't wait) so we all give my grandmother something :) She is getting two framed pictures from our wedding. One of me, her and Hubs. And one of her and my brother (Joey-the one I am closest with-my mom's only son). So it's always fun to see her reaction to her gifts!! I'm sure to have pictures on Monday :)

I hope you all enjoy your weekend. And if you are traveling be safe out there! Hugs!

16 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

Have fun!!! I have never been to Trans Siberian but would love to. They are coming here after Christmas.

We play dirty Santa with my hubby's side - so fun!

Gwen said...

We went to the Trans Siberian concert here in KC last year as a family for our remembering mom event (she loved them). It was Ellie's first concert and was a blast!!! Have a great time!!! {HUGS}

Mojito Maven said...

oooooooooo I have always wanted to go to the Trans Siberian!!! JEALOUS!!!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

You're right...they ARE totally awesome. Wish I could see them in person. I don't think they've been to Charleston.

Sarah said...

I love trans siberian soooooo much! Could you e-mail me sometime I have some dieting/weight loss questions for you

Mrs. Ruby said...

I am SO jealous. I've always wanted to see the show! Have a BLAST.

Krystyn said...

My mom loves TSO and will be seeing them right after Christmas. Those are some pricey tickets! I hope you enjoy it.

And, try to behave playing dirty Santa!

Sarah said...

I guess I should have left my e-mail it's mrsstethoscope@live.com

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Enjoy the concert! They're incredible. And have fun at your first first Christmas! :)

P said...

That sounds like so much fun. Be sure to post pictures soon.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I work with a girl who makes the most amazing Buffalo Chicken dip, so I can imagine how great yours is! Hope you loved the concert and had lots of fun!

Holly said...

I left you a little something on my blog :)

The Pink Chick said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Candice said...

Hope you had a great time at the concert and Christmas celebration!! Sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it:)

SassyEngineer said...

I'm so jealous - how was it?!

Newport Nuptials said...

I love the transiberian orchestra! I saw them a couple years ago, it definitely got me in the holiday spirit!