Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WWW & My Wish List

Well today I weighed in and I am proud to say I didn't gain this week! I didn't lose either. But at this point, I am not REALLY trying to lose so much as maintain! My personal goal weight was 140 but my Dr's goal weight for me was 146. Well I am there. So I have made I guess what you can call GOAL 1! The other goal will come off with time I think. I am in no huge hurry though. As of today I am 146!

So I wanted to share some things that since losing weight have bugged me! NOTE--I am not complaining about losing weight AT ALL, I am simply pointing out things that are currently bugging me!! Believe me, I WILL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT! :)

- None of pants/skirts/shorts/jeans fit! I mean yay right! But I don't have thousands of dollars to replace all these things. And believe me, I have a collection of clothes... collected over time? yes. but a collection nonetheless.
- I recently got this comment: "You are too skinny! Your face looks sunk in and it makes you look older!" Ok I am pretty sure a size 6/8 on a 5'9" person isn't TOO SKINNY! And mu face for sure isn't sunk in. It's just thinner. But thanks for making me feel OLD!
- Some of my friends think I am an idiot for losing weight so they make negative comments about it. HELLO... can I get some support here?? I think sometimes people forget the DRASTIC measures people take to lose weight, so if I am doing it the healthy way, support me!

Now one big thing that has been making me super happy about this weight loss lately is that I am getting asked more and more... "You've lost weight haven't you? I can really tell!"

So that let's me know all of my hard work and dedication is paying off! Sometimes you think it's all for nothing, then I have to remind myself that I did this for ME. I did it so when I get pregnant (hopefully) next year that I will have less weight to lose after I have the baby!

Workouts have been good! We've been doing our normal schedule. But those 5 am workouts have come to a halt until this cold weather goes away! But tomorrow we will be getting up early because we have plans tomorrow night (more on that tomorrow).

How did you all do this week? I know it's hard this time of year with all the Christmas parties, but one thing I have been doing is eating before I go so I am not hungry when I see all the yumminess around me :)

Ok, now I wanted to share my wish list for Santa (in case he reads this)! I realize some of these things are a long shot but hey... it's Santa so I am shooting for the moon here!


Have mercy Betsey Johnson. I loooove these!!



Betsy Johnson "Ms Mod" Tote!


To die for, FRYE boots!!!




Hello FABULOUS DVF dress. You should be in my closet :)

21 comments:

The Shabby Princess said...

Way to go on reaching a goal weight! That's fantastic! I've been slowly losing weight over the last year--I don't weigh myself, so, I don't really know where I am, but, I was looking at pictures of myself from this time last year, and I certainly do look less chubby, so, yay! It bugs me when people aren't supportive when you're trying to lose weight--I think they probably think they are paying you a compliment by saying you don't need to, but, man, a girl needs the support when she's saying "no" to the chocolate and "yes" to 5 AM workouts!!So, way to go, you're AWESOME.

Love the ring from J. Crew. And that dress is to die for!

New Girl on Post said...

Woo hoo for reaching goal #1! Congrats to you!

My dad told me that your package reached our house a few days ago. I'm so excited to get home and open it...you have no idea. :)

Lis said...

Yay!! You have done so amazing and I totally get inspiration for your blog!! :)

It bugs me to no end when your friends are un-supportive - sometimes mine are and I just don't get it!!

You should be so proud of yourself!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

i feel silly as I left you a comment but it was meant for someone else! my mind is elsewhere today and i clicked too many times! :)

but fun blog, glad I stumbled upon it!

suburban prep said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal.
I know that I have gained weight since I married 10 yrs ago so I should try and lose some of the weight that I have gained.
For your height (I am just 1/2 inch taller) you are at a great weight.

morewineplease said...

Way to go lady...

I ummmm love your list! I got all warm and fuzzy feeling. Me wants too!!! Esp the bag!

Mojito Maven said...

WAY TO GO!!!! That is so awesome! You are such an inspiration to me!!! I think you should post some photos of your hot new bod!!!

AND tell those people that don't support you or make snide comments to butt out!!!!!

Kari Beth said...

LOVING LOVING LOVING the Frye boots! Get in my closet NOW!

NewlywedCentral said...

CONGRATS! on your "Goal 1" -- Not sure what you did look like... but you are beautiful! :)

Megan said...

You would be the BEST person to go shopping with!! Keep up the great WWW work!! ;)

Kitty Cat said...

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your first goal! You must be stoked! Why don't you post a pic, and we'll tell you if you look sunken (I'm sure you don't - it's just maybe a little different to them.)

I love that first pair of boots!

Krystyn said...

Congrats on reaching goal #1! I hate it that people that aren't dieting can't be supportive. They feel like they need to bring you down to their level.

And, I love the "tote."

Mrs. Cup said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!

Me! said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! It's a weird feeling to get "negative" reactions to something that should be so positive. Eh, some people are jealous :-)

And, I LOVE Frye boots ... my heart melts for them ...

SassyEngineer said...

I'm so proud of you girl! I totally understand the frustration about clothes not fitting. I think that is one reason I am reluctant to try and lose too much - we don't have tons of money for me to replace them either. I like to sew, but I have never been much of an alteration person. Maybe I can learn how to do that so I can salvage my clothes! Congrats :)

The Pink Chick said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I am so happy for you! Just ignore those people with negative comments, they are probably just jealous!

Mrs. Stilettos said...

Those boots are HOT!! Love them!

As for WWW...I just don't get it why people say negative things when you are trying to improve your self confidence. Its not like your deathly thin?! You and I are at the exact same place on the scale so I feel your pain. Everyone says you look great but you want to say...ughh just wait until you see me naked and you'll understand!!

I'm trying to stregthen and prepare my body for baby too. Ohh and drink as much wine as I can in the next year!! :)

Chic Runner said...

Those boots are TO DIE FOR! :) Congrats on your goal weight!

peachofatl said...

Love your taste. Those are to die for!

KrissyBo. said...

I can totally relate to you wanting to slim down before you get pregnant so you have less to lose post-pregnancy. That is one of several reasons why I am wanting to lose...I need to lose the last 8 pounds from my first pregnancy before I even think about getting prego again! :)