Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beachy Bloggin'

So sorry for the "just now" update! I didn't take my computer to the beach (for fear of having my eyes glued to it all weekend), Monday I was off of work, traveling back home and Tuesday I had to travel for work. So I am just now catching up on 5 days worth of blog reading so I will go ahead and apologize for lack of commenting. I am trying to catch up, but I am afraid it probably won't happen.
On top of missing blogging for 5 days, I have had MUCHO work to catch up on today. I have a huge event Feb 7th and it's requiring a lot of my time these days (as it should but dang I got used to blogging all day-ha-kidding).
I have had several things going on, all to be revealed in time, but I am just a crazy busy lady!! Non stop, on the go, can't catch my breath... that kind of busy!

But about the beach... it was WONDERFUL!! We had so much fun (a little too much actually). I am still catching up and recouping! I am tired... so tired. Let me just say how DEAD the beach was and how empty every where was, but we had an absolute blast.
We went to a little local bar two nights, for a little karaoke. Then Sunday night we went to the Flora-Bama. It's an awesome bar that straddles the Alabama/Florida state line! It was tons o' fun!
I ran Saturday and Sunday morning. I ran about 3-4 miles each day. Along the beach! It was FANTASTIC. Probably some of the best running I have done to date!! So beautiful to have different scenery to look at. And let me tell you, although it was a little chilly, it was so beautiful down there. We even laid out one day for like 2 or so hours. I got some sun :) yippee! Am I getting sick though, thanks to that genius idea :) ha
Here are some pics from the weekend!! They are quite fun!! :)

Singing "Love Shack"

Dixie Chicks in the house... "Goodbye Earl"

Breaking it down to who knows what!! We are quite the dancers :)
Shake your groove thang!



At "The Hangout"



The crew!


My little friends I made while on the beach!! They were so cute and loved Wheat Thins!



Out and about!!


First night there. It was a long drive and I needed a pick me up! (well mission accomplished)



Hubs and I our first night. We had to eat Mexican. Nothing else was open!!
I travel for work tomorrow so I will be out of commission again. SAD! But I missed you all and I will be catching up slowly but surely :) Hugs!

38 comments:

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

Karaoke is my FAVORITE! I did that for my bachelorette party -- SO FUN!

GO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I love Flora-Bama and I love Goodbye Earl! :) Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Mrs. Cup said...

Looks like it was a great weekend!! You look so tiny in all of your pictures! Beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a great time! :)

Texan Couture said...

Flora-Bama is so fun! When I went to college at UNO, we would go to Gulf Shores for wkend trips during the summer!

Krystyn said...

Looks like a great time! You look fab (and look at those skinny jeans). So, so jealous!

tickledpink said...

I love the Flora-Bama! I have some GREAT memories there! Glad you had a fun trip! Love the pictures! You look fantastic by the way!

Lindsey said...

Love karaoke and these pictures are so fun!
You are so cute, looks like a blast!

Mojito Maven said...

The karaoke pictures are PRICELESS!!! Looks like you had a great time!!

Jenny.Lee said...

Looks like a fun time!

Risa said...

Looks like you had a great time! I wish I could vacation...it take at least 8 hrs to get anywhere with different scenery.

SassyEngineer said...

It looks like you had such a fun weekend! I missed ya girly, but I understand the busy-ness. I have been trying to stay up on the push-up and sit-up challenge. I am not doing so great on everyday, but that changes now! I'll let you know how I do :)

Julie said...

I am out visiting new blogs today and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed yours! uggghh - I just started my diet today. Congrats on your weight loss and thanks for the inspiration!

Tracy's Porch said...

Yea - I've been waiting on an update to see how your trip went! So glad you had fun and you look great!

Madison Girl said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Why is karoke so much fun!! We are addicted to Singstar!!!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great time!

Emily said...

ahhhh! Looks like you guys had a blast! hope you have a safe work trip!

amberbaldridge said...

Next time you do karaoke we're going to need a video. And I don't think you're supposed to feed the birds but I'm glad you did anyway. :)

Lis said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!! Love your outfit with the boots and orange sweater - too cute! :)

*Kimmie* said...

Glad you had a fabulous time!

KrissyBo. said...

What a fun weekend!! Goodbye Earl and Karaoke...too much fun! :) You look fabulous!

morewineplease said...

What a fun weekend!! I have totally karokeed... to EARL!!

OK.. first of all,what kind of jeans do you have on in the first pics? And what kind of bag is that big orange one... love it! You look AMAZING dear!
email me please!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love the pictures!

Kitty Cat said...

I love the look of that big fishbowl drink you've got there!

Being Brazen said...

Love the pictures. Looks like you had so much fun :)

New Girl on Post said...

Loved all the pictures! The one of the seagulls was awesome and of course the one of you guys dancing was great too.

Glad you had such a good time!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I LOVE your outfit! Looks like a lot of fun!

Tara Gibson said...

LOVE singing love shack! looks like so fun and girl you look GREAT!

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very nice......

The Shabby Princess said...

Glad you had fun and are home safe!

TexasLauren77 said...

Glad you had such a good time! And...You look AMAZING!!! All of your hard work with WW and the exercise has really paid off! :)

Britni and Justin said...

You look great! Glad you had a good trip!

Jules said...

Your outfit for your night out is so cute! It looks like you had a great time.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Looks like you had a great time! And I'm glad you left the computer at home - sometimes you HAVE to disconnect yourself! I love the idea of the Flora-Bama, how hilarious.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I have to second morewineplease comment on the jeans! Where on earth did you find them? I thought about leaving that on your "Questions" post, but figured people would think I was crazy :) You look so great! I want your clothes!!

DANIELLE NICOLE DOWNING said...

I think you are so beautiful girlfriend!!! Your WW has paid off!!! You look stunning!!!

Life at the White House said...

1.) y'all (is it so obvious i'm from texas?...ha) are an adorable couple

2.) i am in serious need of an ultra-super-large margarita just like that!