Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dancing with the who?

You won't believe what I got to witness Sunday night in honor of my best friend, Jackie's birthday... We went to Atlanta to see Dancing with the Stars LIVE!!! It was so fun!! It was part of their tour, however, I have to say, it was mostly Dancing with the "Professionals"!! The "stars" really didn't perform that much. The only celebs there were: Lance Bass, Toni Braxton, Cody Lindley, Marlee Matlin and Maurice Greene! Kinda sad huh! But I guess celebs have other work to do! I was kind of disappointed about that but honestly watching the pros was much more entertaining!! CRAZY good!! They make it look so dang easy!! Like the are floating on air!! It made me and Jackie want to be professional dancers... although I am pretty sure that is out of our reach at this point. Maybe 10 years ago when we were cheerleaders!!
Our seats were great. We could see really well and the highlight of the night was FOR SURE... Maks and Derek Hough ripping their shirts off (I kid, I kid). They are all such talented dancers. But dancing aside... guess what else we got to see... Toni Braxton perform LIVE! She performed "Unbreak My Heart" and "Breathe Again"!! It was crazy good. She definitely was singing live not lip singing!! It was great! Another highlight!!
The show was quite long, but it was very entertaining!! If they are coming to a city near you I highly recommend going to check it out if you love the show!!

Next season starts March 9th for those of you DWTS lovers :)

I am sorry I am so out of touch with my blogging buds this week. I have a BIG event Feb 7th and I am run ragged with that so bare with me. Posts might be a little scare and strange but I will do my best!! :)

Yall remember to keep praying for little Harper. Kelly at Kelly's Korner updates daily with how she's progressing. God is so good and deserves all the glory for the healing of this little angel!!

Thank yall for all your sweet comments on my last post. You are truly the best :) Hugs!

Next season starts March 9th for those of you DWTS lovers :)

36 comments:

USCEmily said...

I am jealous! I LOVE Dancing with the Stars! I seriously don't follow any show on TV except that one.

Risa said...

Hey busy girl! What's your big February event?

Lindsey said...

So.jealous. =) Sounds like a blast!

Mojito Maven said...

How fun!! Except I've never watch DWTS so I would have loved it even without the "stars".

Risa said...

Yeah the husband isn't a bean fan but there's nothing better than homemade! They're super easy if you have a crock pot!

SassyEngineer said...

I love dancing! I wanted to be a professional after the movie "Dance With Me" came out years ago. I never even started dancing! Oh well. I hope the event goes perfectly (I'm sure it will). BTW, I am a little sore from the push-ups, but no pain no gain right? Talk to ya later!

southern daze said...

Maks is HOT!! Glad to know the show is worth seeing. Now I must try and find a show near us.

Krystyn said...

Sounds fun!

Ashley said...

Oooh I am jealous, too! I am hooked on Dancing...can't wait for the next season!

Muffy said...

Glad you had a good time! Sounds like it was a blast!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i LOVE watching the pros. they're so amazing!

*~! megs !~* said...

I love meeting fellow Georgians as well! Although I'm a bit jealous you live so close to the ATL! We get not cool shows like the DWTS crew down here in my area.. =( Hope you had a blast!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

How fun!! I bet you all had a blast! Every time I watch that show I want to be a prof dancer (the good kind :)). Love the way they move! And I am SO jealous that you got the see Toni Braxton perform! I've loved her since I was a little girl!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I would have loved to see Toni sing live. How fun must that have been? Jealous. Glad you had fun & had great seats!

Gwen said...

I would love to see them in person!!! I saw your comment on snow/ice. I think Holly & I could trade places with you any day. :) Maybe we could meet for coffee somewhere in the middle. {HUGS}

Practically Perfect... said...

Oh, how fun! I would love to see DWTS Live!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, it sounds like you girls had a blast!

Sarah said...

Make sure that you get some rest... so you don't wear yourself out and get sick

skinnyrunner said...

what a fun evening! i so want to watch DWTS now.

kara battel said...

we love DWTS! i cannot wait for season 9! i would love to get to see the live show-- and look like those professional dancers!

parkaveprincess said...

Lucky! I'm so jealous

Being Brazen said...

That is so cool. I used to love Toni Braxton when i was younger

New Girl on Post said...

Ooohh that sounds like so much fun! I love watching pros dance. Makes me wish I could dance like that!

A Belle and her Beau said...

I LOVE Toni Braxton ... the first time I ever went to NYC we went and saw Beauty and the Beast and guess who was Belle??? Thats right, Toni herself! Loved her ever since :)

jlc said...

AHHH Jealous jealous jealous!!


Do you have any pics?? I'm a huge DWTS fan. :)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

There might be a little somethin' for you on my blog!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like fun! I am SO jealous! :)

E.B. in Tennessee said...

Love DWTS!
I have a question for you on my blog...I wanna know what's on your playlist! :)

Candice said...

I don't watch the show, but I have no doubt that it would be amazing to see in person. I love to watch dancing! So glad you had a great time:)

I tagged you!

Caroline said...

I LOVE Dancing with the Stars!! How cool! :)

I've also left you a little something on my blog!

Mrs H said...

I got to see that show with my Mom in January. She loves her some Maksim! Haha. I'm with you though, the show was great and really entertaining. I loved the stage set up.

Emily said...

Im soooo jealous..... my friends went when they came to tulsa!

Pink Julep said...

I tagged you on my blog!!!

Sarah Danielle: Jeune Marie said...

Glad you had fun!

Ashley said...

I nominated you for an award on my blog! :-) I'm sure you already have it haha but here it is again!

Tara Gibson said...

how awesome is that! I love watching great dancing! it gives me chills!