Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm really not sure...

... where to start!! So for some reason I am having writers block. Maybe it's because the new year has brought CALM to my life. Which I am happy to accept! Or maybe it's because Hubs and I have such a busy Spring that we are taking it easy in January. Nevertheless, I must post, it is, after all, my duty! :) ha!

So, let's see, what to POST about today... oh yes let me start with WHY I DIDN'T POST YESTERDAY!! I think most of you know I work for a college... well yesterday a mom and son visited our college and the son was interested in our Art program. So off we went in the van that we tour our "south" campus in! (it's like half a mile from the main campus). So we get to the art building, go in, tour, come out and load back in the van... when what happens??? I turn the key and the dang thing won't start. Now I don't know much about cars, but I can tell you that when you turn the key and NOTHING happens, something is WRONG!! Well, I didn't carry my cell phone and thank goodness the student visiting had his because otherwise I would have been traipsing down the road and up the hill to our campus in 4 inch heels!! I am a heel wearer I can't help it, I feel naked without them!! I wear them all the time, unless I am shopping! I digress... thank goodness that it was before 5 pm because someone in my office had to come pick us up! Can you say HUMILIATING???? I was so embarrassed. This isn't' the first time that this has happened with this van either. It's all the time tore up and I have no idea why. It's our dang TOURING van. Not our "we travel long distances and rag it out" van! Weird! So that's my excuse for not blogging yesterday!! :)

And I HAVE to share my new LOVE!! Seriously girls. Let me first say I am not a huge salad dressing fan, ok! I like ranch and Olive Garden's and that's it!! At home I use Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch when I do eat a salad. I like it pretty well but I don't LOVE it at all! Well I recently discovered my love for CAESAR salads... I mean L.O.V.E.!!! So i thought I would try a Lite version but I didn't know what would be good and what would... well... suck! So I first grabbed Ken's Lite Creamy Caesar, well because it was the only one I could find! Ok, well... HUBS AND I LOOOOOVE IT! If you like Caesar salads, grab up some of this. It's to die for! And for 2 tablespoons it's only 2 WW points!! I could eat just a salad with this dressing and a few crackers for a meal. REALLY! It's so good. I have had three salads this week with it. And I am off today to go buy some more lettuce after a 3 mile run :)



Speaking of WW... check out Make Mine a Mojito's posts here and here! She has great advice for you ladies getting started with WW or dieting in general!!

And don't forget about the new blog Weight Watchers Changed My Life!! It's great!! WONDERFUL tips!!

I hope you all have a great weekend! We are off to meet up with another couple tonight at a little wine/dessert place here in Smalltown, GA tonight called Ou La La. There's a little band playing so we will relax and enjoy some wine! No dessert for me, thank goodness I am not a sweet eater! Then tomorrow my parents are coming in town and we are going to see "Marley and Me" and I am cooking a healthy dinner :) I am prepared to cry my eyes out at the movie! I will have plenty of tissues! Many of my friends have advised me NOT to go see it due to how much I love dogs. I can't help it. I have to!!

Hey and girls... make sure to go on over to Chapters and read Amy's mom's post! It's remarkable what she is doing and Amy is a wonderful, inspiring young woman, who I am proud to call a friend!!

21 comments:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Oh no! How frustrating would that be!? And I'd be in the same boat, not about to walk too far of a distance in my heels, ha! Thanks for the link to the WW site, it's great!

The Pink Chick said...

Have a fun weekend! Thanks for the salad dressing tip! I will have to try it out!

Oh, and sorry about the van! That really stinks. Was it one of the 15 passenger vans? Those things are so unreliable. Our company has one, and I hate driving it.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I can't wait to try this dressing! I love caesar salads!! I could eat them daily. I'm so glad there is a good (lite) version out there. Now I won't feel so guilty.

Have fun tonight!!

morewineplease said...

I will check out that dressing! I love salad...
Sorry about your van....ugh! I am constantly in heels too.. and yes, I feel naked (and dwarfish) with out them!

Lindsey said...

Mmm I am in love with Caesar salads and am sooo gonna go buy Ken's dressing!! Thanks for the rec!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the tip on the dressing! Wow, sorry you had to go through all that yesterday with the van. :( I'm the same way with cars...if it doesn't start I'm doomed...but I did change my first headlight but proceeded to lose the tip of the screwdriver somewhere on the ground. Lol! Something is bound to go wrong when I try to do something I've never done before. Oh well, live and learn.

Oh, Marley an Me....been there done that and CRIED! It's a wonderful, wonderful movie though!

Jules said...

I'll have to try that salad dressing. It sounds really good.
Have fun at the wine & dessert place. That sounds fun!

The Eubanks said...

I love ceaser salad too and just found the Kraft Ceasar Vinegarette, it only has 1 point for 1 TBS!!!

Candice said...

So sorry about the van ordeal...how frustrating! I'm so glad you didn't have to walk back in your heels!

I can't wait to hear what you think about Marley and Me. I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to!!

Hope you have a great time this weekend!

Mojito Maven said...

definitely going to have to check out this dressing!!

and bring your tissues to marley and me (especially because you are a HUGE animal lover)...i cried for an hour after the movie was over.

The Shabby Princess said...

Ugh, what a pain in the butt!! I haven't had that happen to me, but, I have had my car battery die and be blocked in at the office and have to call our "campus" police to jump me. Several times. Nice.

Thanks for the tip on the salad dressing!! I totally wish i wasn't a sweets eater. Put a bag of gummi anything in front of me, and it's gone within minutes.

OMG, take lots of tissues to Marley & Me. I'm too scared to see it! Could you imagine me sitting through that movie? I would die!! Esp. with everything going on with our own little pup. Let me know how the other parts of the movie are--it looks sooo good, but, I'm just not that strong!

Krystyn said...

This must be the week the vans' batteries died. Mine died on Monday and my friends' died today! Glad you got somebody on the phone.

And, I heart anything from Kens...well any vinaigrette. I'm a southern girl that hates Ranch dressing. Sue me now!

Mrs. Cup said...

I LOVE that salad dressing!! Have fun tonight!!

jlc said...

Have a nice weekend!!


OH! You should def try Paul Newman's Light Honey Mustard -- I swear by it!! :)

Mrs. Ruby said...

Good luck with Marley and Me! I share your love for dogs. I actually just blogged about it...great movie but SO SO sad. I bawled like a baby.

Petunia said...

Good to know--I LOVE Caesar salads, too!
BTW--at work I use Ken's fat-free Ranch dressing & it is pretty good!

Mrs. Wife said...

Yum! I will have to try that salad dressing! Thanks for the advice!
I am a new blogger and I just found yours through "Make Mine a Mojito" and I love it!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

I can't believe you have just stepped into the world of Ken's Creamy Caesar dressing -- THIS. IS. MY. FAVORITE. --

AHH!!! I would have freaked -- My husband is a car genius, so I would have called him... but, ugh -- not fun!

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to try this dressing! It looks delish. :)

KrissyBo. said...

I love Ceasar salads and WW! Oh, and I hopped on over from WW Changed My Life and Mojito Maven! :)

Cyd said...

Happy 9 Month Anniversary! And apparently, I and a bazillion other people need to get on this dressing bandwagon! :-)