Monday, January 12, 2009

Marley & Me (and ME)

Many tears were shed. I don't mean small tears running down my cheeks...

I mean the can't catch your breath you are crying so hard, kind of crying ...
I mean the snot running onto your lips but you don't even care, kind of crying...
I mean the your body is jerking uncontrollably, kind of crying.
I mean the you want to lay down in a ball and scream, kind of crying!
I WAS DEVASTATED!! (over dramatic? maybe. But I can't help it-Yall know how much I LOVE dogs-waaayyyy more than I should)!
I am quite sure that the people behind me heard my sobs!! I couldn't stop. I was embarrassed to even get up and walk out of the movie theater. And there was no RECOUP time. It was lots of tears and then BAM it was over. I am getting teary just thinking about it!!
It was a good movie but I will never see it again. My dog loving heart just can't take those kinds of movies!! I knew I would cry but I didn't know how much!! Oh it just devastated me. UGH! I really shouldn't go see those kinds of movies! REALLY! I shouldn't!

The rest of my weekend was lovely. Friday night was a good time. Saturday was fun. My sweet husband took my car to get two new tires... that cost a whopping $300. I was SHOCKED! Stupid rubber tires? $300? WHAT?! I was angry to say the least. But he so sweetly did that for me so I could prepare for my mom's arrival. When she got in town we just bummed around some little shops and then came home and I cooked dinner before Marley & Me!

Sunday, Hubs and I along with my mom and his parents went to church and then off to lunch at Long Horn. It's one of the only places I can eat healthy so off we went. Grilled chicken and rice :) It's so good there!

This week is going to be a very busy one for me. But I am glad. I like BUSY!!
And today is mine and Hubs 9 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!! Happy Anniversary honey! How will we celebrate?? Well... we will start with a nice 3 mile run at the gym, then weight lifting & Body Pump (the exercise class-get your mind out of the gutter) ... then home for a yummy home cooked meal by yours truly, then The Bachelor (my husband really is wonderful)!! What a wonderful way to spend it :) I can't wait!


We will further celebrate this weekend at the BEACH!!! Yep, we are heading to the beach. Gulf Shores, Alabama to be exact. A great friend of ours' parent's just bought a condo down there. I can't wait for this long weekend at the beach!! It's much needed. Relaxation & some reading on the beach... ahhhhh! Sounds good right now! So you know what that means... lots of pictures will be here for me to share next week I am sure!

Have a great week ladies!!

37 comments:

Prissy Southern Prep said...

How many points is this rice? I had it over the weekend as well. That wedding picture is gorgeous!!

Krystyn said...

Oh, a beach anni...how fun!

And, my students ruined the end of the movie for me...wasn't that nice of them?

That was nice of your hubby to get tires for you, too..and I agree $300 is way too much.

Katy said...

OMgosh I heard that movie was sad. Iwill NEVER see it!!!!!!! Have a blast at the Beach lucky girl!

Seaside Prep said...

Marley and Me was such a sad movie! (but i loved it... and it has made me want a lab that much more, haha)

This wedding photo is fabulous! I love your expressions. :)

Elizabeth said...

Marley and Me was by far the hardest I have EVER cried in a movie. I completely know how you feel!

Congrats on your anniversary and beach trip - so exciting! :)

Mojito Maven said...

LOVE the wedding photo!!! And can we come with you to the beach! I LOVE the beach!!!!

Sassy and Classy Southern Mrs. said...

I totally agree about the movie, I loved it but won't be able to watch it again unless it's in my own home. I had a headache I cried so hard during the movie and I was blowing my nose during because it was out of control!

Have fun at the beach! I so need to figure out the point system for WW. Did you just sign up for it and it tells you everything? I am clueless about it. If you have time and can email me some tips to get started that would be great!
(annamballard@yahoo.com)

Candice said...

Wow...I wanted to see that movie...but now I'm having doubts!!

I love that wedding picture. It's so sweet! And happy 9 months! I hope you guys enjoy your night in as well as your weekend beach vacation! I'm so jealous:)

Mrs H said...

Congratulations! Your comment about Body Pump made me laugh out loud at work!

Mrs. Cup said...

Happy 9 months!! I love that picture!

SassyEngineer said...

Congratulations on 9 months - I absolutley love that picture :)

Jules said...

I saw Marley & Me this past weekend too and I was a wreck. It was by far the most upset I have ever been at the movies.
Onto happy things...have fun at the beach this weekend and happy 9-month anniversary!!

The Shabby Princess said...

I LOVE that pictures of you guys! So cute!! I could not see Marley & Me either, girl! Did you ever see that Disney movie, 8 Below? About the sled dogs? Holy moly. We went to see it because I grew up with huskies, so, sled dogs are a part of my life, but, I bawled my eyes out. It was horrific!

Have a great anniversary and a lovely time at the beach!

Emily said...

i love your wedding picture on this post and I totally know where you are coming from about the movie... I cried almost for 2 hours after it and when i saw our dogs I sobbbed tooo! the movie is great but a tear jerker!

Gwen said...

Love this photo!!! Happy 9 Months!!!!

I still want to see this movie. The hubby is gone this weekend so maybe I'll take the little one to see it Saturday night. Would it be appropriate for an 8 year old to see? I don't want to traumatize her like Old Yeller did to me. :)

With Love from New Orleans said...

I felt the same way... I also felt horrible for the row of 6 year olds in front of me.. I think their parents thought it would be a comedy.. they were SOBBING.. as was I--AHG! I am right there with you! PS. You guys are so adorable.
XO

Island Girl said...

I'm in the middle of the book for Marley and Me right now and I don't know if I'll be able to handle the movie!

Happy Anniversary!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

VERY cute photo! And congrats on 9 months, exciting! I am choosing NOT to see Marley & Me because there is no way I could control myself. People would throw popcorn at me and tell me to leave!

jlc said...

Ahhh the beach!! It's negative zero here!!! (yes I make up numbers) and would kill for a beach day. Have lots o fun. :)


PS LOVE that wedding pic! You are glowing!!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

I'm laughing so hard at your crying! We really would be great friends!! (two sobbing saps, anyway :)

LOVE the pic! HAPPY 9 MONTHS!!

Jessica said...

Happpy Anniversary!!!
Love that picture :)

I absolutely refuse to go see that movie. Refuse. I don't know that I'll even watch it in the privacy of my own home!

Holly said...

I love the pic of you and your hubby! TOO CUTE! You really should've known better than to watch that movie!

Mrs. Wife said...

Ooooh I want to be at the beach! Love that sweet photo!!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats! I loved celebrating every month, we would do something a little special! It's great!

I'm dying to know what you cooked for dinner

amy (metz) walker said...

Love that pic of ya'll...so cute! And Marley and Me...I cried and cried and cried!

KLC said...

What a fun pic!!!

*Kimmie* said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so jealous of the beach!

Being Brazen said...

Happy 9 month anniversary!

Stunning wedding picture

Cali Girl said...

oh my gosh. i am just like you. i sobbed at marley and me as well. i cry at a lot of movies but this one i couldn't stop and i loved how you explained it because that is exactly how it was. there are a lot of sad movies but i cant remember the last time i cried like this! i dont think ill ever watch this movie again! it was good, but so very sad.

happy 9 month!

Amie said...

Happy 9 month Anniversary Lynds!! Have a great time in Gulf Shores girl. I'll be thinking of you guys at the beach this weekend while I am working all weekend in Mobile!

Mrs. Stilettos said...

Happy Anniversary!

I totally know what you mean...oh how that movie tugs at your heart!! I actually cringed after I left that movie theater at the thought of the people behind me watching me sob and twitch like a crazy person!!

Jesslee said...

I read the book when it first came out like 2 years ago, so I knew the ending. Even knowing still didn't prepare me for how heart wrenching it was to watch on the big screen. Don't feel bad about how you looked after leaving that movie, it just shows how big your heart is.
That is a great picture of you and your man, Happy 9 Months!!! Isn't love the greatese!

Gwen said...

Thank you so much for your help on my movie decision!!! I have left something special for you on my blog. :) ENJOY!!! {HUGS}

Tara Gibson said...

oh gosh, i havent seen that movie yet but i would be teh SAME way! Happy 9 months! I love Gulf Shores! We take a family trip there every year! Have fun!!!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I LOVE that wedding photo! Happy 9 mos! The beach sounds perfect!!! We can't wait to get to go sometime! We've been talking about going around the same area, we have some friends that live in Alabama! Oh my gosh, we haven't seen the movie, but I heard about it, and I would have balled too! Oh and sobbing at the end of a movie and the lights come on and your face is soaked, makeupless, and red eyed, I hate when that happens! haha!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

marley and me nearly killed me. but i'll see it again. i read the book and SOBBED and then ridiculously saw the movie. i'm sure i'll watch it over and over and cry every time-- just like i do with father of the bride.

happy anniversary! gulf shores is my favorite place on earth.

Life at the White House said...

we plan to watch marley & me this weekend and i'm worried i'll do the same thing......sobbing like mad!

i've heard that it's a great move, but VERY sad. maybe we shouldn't watch it?

on another note, hope the beach was lovely!!!!!