Friday, January 30, 2009

What a week!!

It's been a whirlwind of a week. So much going on!! Busy, busy lady!! I have something in the works that I can't quite mention yet, so you will have to wait a little longer to find out :)

I traveled for work Wednesday and Thursday. So I wasn't able to even get on Blogger. SAD, I felt so out of the loop the past couple of days!!

I have that BIG event coming up, someone asked me what it was but I can't remember who (so sorry). It's our Scholarship Competition. And I am the Event Coordinator (I wear many hats here) so to me, it's the biggest thing we plan all year. It has so many components to it. But things are coming together and I am so thankful!! But that is why I have been so scarce this week (and will be next week too)! So don't forget about me, I am still around... living and breathing... just busy busy busy!!

Super Bowl Sunday is in two days!! I can't believe it. I will be honest... I am not a huge Pro Football fan. I live in the south, where we worship our college teams :) But I have gotten into this year more, and I am looking forward to Sunday's game... Why do you ask??????
Well, you see, when I was in college at Auburn, Karlos Dansby played football for Auburn. He was a linebacker! Well, every year I have a FAVORITE AU player. He was it for 3 years!! I loved him. He was so intelligent in his interviews and one HECK of a football player. So it was no wonder that he went in the 2nd round in the 2004 draft! 33rd pick overall!! He is one talented football player. Seriously!! Who drafted him??? The ARIZONA CARDINALS baby!! So the Cardinals instantly adopted a new fan, ME!! And they are playing for the Super Bowl (which no one thought was possible)!

If you haven't noticed by now, his name is pretty significant!! It's my first "born" Shih Tzu's name!! I named him Dansby after Karlos Dansby! Everyone was naming their dogs "Aubie" (after our mascot) or "Tubs" or "Tubby" (after our coach), but I wanted to do something different. So the obvious choice was DANSBY, since he was my fave and all! It's unique and it's a great story!! :) Don't you see the resemblance?? :)




So Dansby (my dog) and I will be fashionably sporting our Cardinal Red on Sunday! What team colors will you be sporting??? And what are your fun plans??

22 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

YAY I'm glad you're back! I missed you!! I'm so excited for the Superbowl!!

AND, I can't wait to hear about this little secret you have :)

Candice said...

Haha! So funny that you compared the two pics. Your little Dansby is so so cute!

I'm also not really into Pro football, so I'm not sure that we'll watch the Super Bowl. Good luck to your Cardinals though!!

Hope you make it through your busyness and that things slow down soon. Happy Friday!

SassyEngineer said...

I was just thinking this morning how you hadn't posted in a few days - I'm glad to hear from you today! I'm not a huge pro-football fan either (I love college), but I can generally be entertained by the superbowl and I love rooting for the underdogs. I also have always liked Kurt Warner. Have a fabulous weekend :)

A Belle and her Beau said...

I did not even know who was playing in the super bowl until yesterday when I googled it. haha :)

I wanna know the secret now. I am impatient!

Lindsey said...

LOL at the comparison pics!!!

Glad you're back, missed you!

Risa said...

Yayyy! You'll be a Cardinals fan this weekend. I'm rooting for AZ--that's because I was born and raised there. Cards in the Superbowl is something we thought we'd never see.

I want to know the secret;-)

Brown Eyed Girl said...

We've missed you around here missy! I'm so glad you are back...even if it is for a short time.

Yay for the Superbowl, even though, like you, I love college football much more than NFL. I love the way you came up with the name of your dog!! How precious!

Krystyn said...

Missed you. And, it stinks that we couldn't get together.

Have fun watching your Dansby on TV!

The superbowl is totally over-rated in my book (but don't tell hubby)!

Mrs. Newlywed said...

Only a Southerner would name her dog after a football player :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

what is this secret?? :) i hope you are able to relax this weekend and totally enjoy some days off and forget about crazy work!

Katie said...

We missed you!!

Kurt Warner is fabulous but I am black and gold through and through. It's ok. We can still be friends :)

Go Steelers!

southern daze said...

Go Cardinals!

Leslie said...

I'm rooting for AZ just because I love the underdog and want them to win their first big one!

Tara Gibson said...

good luck with your event i am sure it will go smoothly!
I have been so out of the loop on football this year with the wedding and all, but I am pumped for the super bowl!

ps your pup is ADORABLE

Milltini said...

Isn't it funny how not logging on to blogger for a day or two really does make you feel like you are out of the loop? Glad you are back. P.S. Dansby is a doll!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I'm like you - it's all about the college teams for me! I do have to say that I'll be rooting for the Cards as well because Matt Leinart is their backup QB & he played for my team in college - USC!

*~! megs !~* said...

I love that you named your dog after a football player!! I'm not a huge fan of pro football either, college all the way. But I do love a good underdog! So I'll be pulling for the Cardinals!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear your still here and can't wait for the big reveal of what you have in store, your not pregnant are you?

Emily said...

I am going for the cardinals too:) I WOULD love to see them win! love me some underdogs:) Welcome back:) you have been missed:)

Dani Brook said...

I am pulling for the Cards, too! Just because our beloved Titans aren't playing!

I love the fact that you named your dog after a player..my hubbylovey and I joke all the time about naming our children after VOL players..hah

Adam said...

This is Your Hubs... Whatsup ladies and all of you who read my wifes blog. I just thought I'd stop by and say how awesome this lady is. Do I not have the most amazing, beautiful and sweet wife in the world? What a lucky guy am I!... :) Love you baby
Your Husband

Red and White Preppy said...

1) That post above me is adorable!

2) SO glad you're pulling for the Cardinals! Adrian Wilson, another one of their amazing players, is an NC State alum.