Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WWW (A Challenge)


This morning my scale said 140.8 (so I have maintained another week). That is kind of where I want to be for now. Down from 164 I am feeling healthier than ever and I really feel good. i was wondering today... is my weight where it should be?? So I looked on this website that helps you calculate your healthy weight. You put in your height and go... Well my height is 5'9" and according to the calculator I should be between 125 - 169. So I fall below the halfway mark so I suppose I am good with that. I can't imagine what 125 would look like on me. No worries I don't think I will ever find out either. The lowest I would ever want to go would be 130, but I am not TRYING to get there. 140 was my ultimate goal and I am there, and it feels good :)

Today I want to introduce two things to you all that I am challenging myself with ... and I want to encourage all of you to do it also. We can update each other weekly and encourage each other(because I will need it for sure)! I saw this website in a magazine and I also saw it on a fellow blogger's blog but I can't remember who-so sorry (tell me and I will give you a shout out).

The first challenge is called:



Push ups (I always dread them) are one of the most basic exercises for you. Not only are they a great strengthening exercise for your chest, but they are great for defining your abs, triceps, shoulders and torso. Best of all, they can be done anywhere, anytime and do not require any equipment!!

With this challenge, you only have to give up 30 minutes PER WEEK!!! Pick three days a week and do 10 minutes of push ups!! That's nothing and it's guaranteed to change your body.

You first want to do the Initial Test to see how many push ups you can do. I will be honest. I can't do hardly any. Less than 5 normal push ups (er, I call them MAN push ups) and that is SAD! I have never had a REAL strong upper body. All the more reason for me to do this program. Here is the first week's challenge. Doesn't sound too bad until you start "pushing up" :)ha! After 6 weeks of this we should be able to do 10 push ups!! We shall see!


The second challenge is called:


When you pair this exercise with a healthy diet, sit-ups will help build a strong and well-balanced mid-section which is important in all physical activity. It also helps in maintaining good posture and preventing injury. And again, anytime, anywhere, with no equipment!!

You first need to take the Initial Test. And then after 6 weeks we will be sitting up 200 times (whew-that's exhausting to think about) & we should be well on our way to a 6-pack (not of beer)!! And looking hott for our bikinis!!

So who's with me?? We can add this to the WWW posts! Come on, you know you want to :)


So who watched BIGGEST LOSER last night?? Bob went crazy crazy on that girl!! I was glad, even she was getting on MY nerves. I mean shut up and do the work!! That's why you are there! I wanted her to go home so bad!! But I was so glad the orange team guy (I always refer to them as colors because I am AWFUL with names) stayed. They both needed to but he is so young and SO overweight. I was so glad to see white team guy had lost over 80 pounds. That's amazing!! Already can't wait for this season's finale!!

And here's my recipe for the week ladies:

Cajun Chicken Wraps

Ingredients:
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp paprika
3/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1 spray(s) cooking spray
4 tsp fat-free mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice, for dressing
4 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
1/2 small red onion(s), thinly sliced
2 cup(s) mixed baby greens
8 medium basil, leaves
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp fresh lemon juice, for sprinkling on wrap

Instructions:
In a small, shallow bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning, flour, and paprika. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in seasoning mixture and turn to coat.
Coat a large, nonstick pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and saute until cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side; remove from pan and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning; spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise mixture over each tortilla. Layer each with 1/4 of onion, greens, basil and chicken; sprinkle with fresh lemon juice, roll up and serve. Yields 1 wrap per serving. Only 4 points per serving!

33 comments:

The Pink Tutu said...

I am so glad you posted about this because I was just looking for these challenges the other day! I couldn't remember where I'd seen them. I think I want to join you in this challenge!

Mrs. Cup said...

Yay for maintaining!! That's wonderful!

I'm with you on the challenges...I'll do it for sure! Well...I'll try! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love both challenges. I will try to do the program and let you know how it goes!

aron said...

hi :) CONGRATS on getting to your goal weight and maintaining it! that is very awesome.

i have seen both these challenges and still haven't signed up for one... maybe i will this time :)

BL is tivoed since i was watching AI... cant wait to see it tonight!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I am so happy for you that you are at your target weight!! That seemed to happen super fast! Yay for you!! Thanks for posting these exercises! Can't wait to try them.

I am obsessed with Biggest Loser! So motivational. I was crying like a baby last night watching it!! Hormonal? Yes.

Krystyn said...

Great job...especially over the holidays (and now I feel like a total fat butt btw, because you are inches taller and pounds lighter). But, I'm totally happy for you.

Sit ups, no problem....push ups...I need lots of work.

A Belle and her Beau said...

my brother got the "perfect push-ups" for Christmas .... don't worry I could not do one. Not even ONE! I even tried doing it the "girl way" and still nothing. haha :)

Stephanie said...

Found your blog through Krystyn - so cute!

Good luck with the challenges. I am too lazy for that. Though I did just start yoga and Wii Fit - I've seen a bit of a change, but nothing big yet. Here's to Looking Fine in 2009!

Bama Belle... said...

so so proud of you!!!


thought of you last night while watching biggest loser...loved bob's extra sugar free gum plugs throughout the episode!

mdp008 said...

First of all, congratulations on reaching and maintaining your weight goal. I lost 25 lbs once in about 4 months but then I gained it all back. I just can't get motivated. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure how I came across your blog but I've been reading it for a couple weeks now. I felt like it was time to leave a comment so I don't feel like such a creepy stalker.

Love your blog (oh, and the fact that you're a Dale Jr fan)

Keep up the awesome work!

Chic Runner said...

100 pushups is a GREAT workout and seriously so easy to do. I always forget my arms and it seriously works a ton of people I know have done it and have great success with it! :) Keep up maintaining! You look great and the challenges out there are great too. I'm going to catch up on BL and I can't wait!!!

Candice said...

I'm so proud of you for getting to your goal! That is seriously so awesome! I dream of getting to my goal, and I know I'll get there someday. You are so encouraging and I'm so thankful for your blog!

SassyEngineer said...

I think this is a perfect idea! Maybe this is what I need to do to get my booty in gear. Will you really hold me accountable though? I need you checking in on me :)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I will join you on this challenge!! How exciting! Thanks for the recipe - I can't wait to try it! Thanks for this long post!!

KrissyBo. said...

Wow, congratulations on maintaining at that weight! And yes, as tall as you are, 125 would be way too thin for you! I love the Biggest Loser...and that JoElle lady was so very annoying! I cannot wait for her to go home! :) I have heard of the pushup challenge...I will definitely give it a try! I too have always had a weaker upper body, even in my tennis days!

Emily said...

Congrats!!!! I am exactly the same as you...I'm 5'8", and at the beginning of the year I was 161 lbs and I want to get down to 139 (just to be in the 130's again...even if it's just for a day) :) I'm so happy to hear someone else did the same as I am trying!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i'm sure 140 looks amazing on you!!! you're so awesome!!!

i'm 5'8 and my smallest has been 129. the scale won't budge much after that! it was hard and stressful to get there and i didn't stay there very long. my normal pre-baby weight is 134 and it will be a few months before i see that again. :)

i did the 100 push up challenge leading up to the wedding and got to 30-- i'm so weak! :) the recipes sound delicious, too!

Holly said...

I am so proud of you! I think I've said it before but you truely are a motivation!

I posted about that stupid woman on BL too. She made me so mad last night. I agree, I am glad Daniel got to stay but I did cry when Jerry left. Owen was crying too...real tears. :( But when they showed his update, I was thrilled! He looks so good :)

Ok, I should've just emailed you with all this. LOL

Mojito Maven said...

way to go on maintaining!!! I also maintained this week, meaning I still have 4 pounds left to lose. I can already do the 200 sit-up challenge with no problems but the 100 push-up challenge is another story...i'm lookng forward to trying!!

Sarah said...

I'm totally up for the challenge! just a question with your new lifestyle and food change do you ever allow yourself a treat... dessert or wine something along thoes lines? I am struggling with cutting it out all together or maybe have one day a week with a treat just wanted to see what you thought

Lynsey and Brian said...

I'm up for the challenge! This is just what I need to keep me motivated and on the right track leading up to my wedding. Your weight is where I want to be on my wedding day.. we are the same height.

Orange Team: Daniel
White Team: Jerry

Looking forward to this challenge!

Elizabeth said...

Good job on maintaining! And that recipe sounds delicious! I'll have to add that one to next week's menu.

Britni and Justin said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I did pushups at Yoga yesterday and am feeling it today! I didn't realize how much work they really are - but the results must really be there! I'll have to try to keep it up!

Southern living at its best... said...

Oh wow, you are just the blog I need to be reading regarding the challenges.

zentmrs said...

I'm up for this challenge! I've got about 9 weeks until my Hawaii cruise, so this sounds like the perfect time to start!

TexasLauren77 said...

This was a great post, and I'm on-board with the push-ups and situps. Thanks for the motivation to stay on the WW bandwagon this week! ;)

Southern Mom said...

Congratulation on losing and maintaining! How many calories will you eat to maintain? I'm trying to lose 9 lbs and your blog is an inspiration!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Congrats on maintaining! We're around the same height and my goal is right around yours. Just 4 more lbs to go! I'm trying to make "WW lifetime". Are you WW Lifetime?

Mandy said...

I'd love to join you on the challenges! This is going to be a test of my dedication that's for sure. I haven't stuck with any fitness program in probably 2 years now. Ooops.

NicoMc "the Illustrator" said...

Congratulations for sticking with your goal. I think I'll try it too.

Rachel said...

Just clicked on your blog over from Newylwed Stilettos, and now I know I have to follow you since you're a Biggest Loser fan! That show is a serious obsession of mine :) Congrats on maintaining your weight, and you're so close to your goal weight!

Tasha said...

I just came across your blog today. I checked out some of your other WWW posts. I am currently using sparkpeople (it's free). I am going to try...wait I mean DO these challenges. Thanks for the motivation!