Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th & Valentine's Day...

... all in one weekend! So what do these two dates have in common (for me)??? Well, I will spend every second of both days (well tonight and all day tomorrow) with my wonderful husband!

I am a HUGE horror movie fan! HUGE! So I love Friday the 13th. It's scary movie time for me! And thank goodness Hubs doesn't mind scary movies (I think he actually liked them) because we are off to see a classic! Friday the 13th (the new one) comes out tonight and I am PUMPED to see it! I got our tickets on Fandango just in case it was sold out. Although I have a feeling it won't be, seeing as it's Valentine's Day weekend and all! So many people that know me find it so strange that I LOVE & ADORE horror movies! Now I don't like "slasher films"! Big difference in horror and slasher! Example: We went to see "My Bloody Valentine" (yeah I know... it was 3-D so I thought it would be cool)! That movie is nothing but a slasher/blood/gore film! It was gross and by the end I wanted to pull my hair out! They drag it out and drag it out! Ugh! My kind of horror/scary films are more like: Saw, Identity, Seven, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Pet Cemetery, Amittyville Horror, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Ring, Silence of the Lambs, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Stigmata... you get the idea :) So tonight, after a nice, calm dinner, Hubs and I will head off to the late showing of Friday the 13th-yippee! I guess it's something about being on the edge of my seat, scared to death that I thrive off of :) ha!



Then Saturday for Valentine's Day, Hubs and I will wake up... spend some time at home cleaning the house and bathing/grooming our pups... maybe go for a nice run together... then head to Auburn for some shopping and dinner! He actually suggested the shopping and if you knew how much he hated shopping you would think this was just so precious!! Then we will have a casual dinner. Bless my husband's heart. I am so picky so we never get to have a NICE dinner at a NICE restaurant. Olive Garden will probably receive our business Saturday night! It's one of my faves!! I so wish I enjoyed fine dining but I just don't!

I got him the BEST Valentine's present. But I can't share with you what it is just yet (Hubs read my blog)! Let's just say, it's appropriate! :)
I hope all of you wonderful ladies have a GREAT Valentine's Day with your special honey!! :)



A laugh for the day:

This morning on the radio I heard THE FUNNIEST THING! Apparently some club/bar in ATL is having a Valentines Party for single peeps... and the theme is...

ANTI-V.D.

I almost wrecked when I heard that! hahahaha

24 comments:

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

YOU, my friend... I can feel the energy of your excitement right through the computer :)

I LOVE V-DAY!! Dan and I are going to see.... oh, it's escaping me -- The new Clint Eastwood movie??? And then he's taking me to my absolute favorite Italian restaurant, Bravo :)

Have a GREAT weekend and thanks, again for being a part!!

Julia said...

in connection to the anti- V-D cub opening a friend of mine at school told me that her friends always celebrated SAD on Feb. 14th Single Awareness Day, thought that was funny too

M and G said...

That is so funny, Anti VD!! haha.

Your guys' weekend sounds like so much fun!! I hope you have a blast!!!

Mojito Maven said...

Anti-VD...LOVE IT!!! hahahahahaha

have fun this weekend!

The Pink Chick said...

Happy Valentine's!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Tracy's Porch said...

Oh, I used to like horror movies befor having Ashley but I get tooo anxious now when I watch them. It is weird. Super anxious.

Have something to tell you cause I know you love Zac Brown. Ash and I were driving home today and Chicken Fried came on. She knows ZB very well becasue we listen to lots of ZB at home (not just Chicken Fried). She said, "Momma, Zach Brown has a good voice." I thought that was so cute. I, of course had to agree with her.

Have a happy Valentine's Day! Oh, and loved that Anti V.D. - that's hilarious!!!

Mrs. Nurse said...

Mr. Nurse loves horror films as well. I always feel bad because they terrify me :( I hope you two have a fabulous 13th & 14th!

Tina said...

Have a wodnerful valentines day! I cant' watch horror movies at the theater. I get too freaked out. I need the ability to hit pause and fast forward.

With Love from New Orleans said...

I am so jealous! I am such a chicken-- I cannot do scary movies and my hubby loves them.. I spend the entire time hiding in my sweatshirt... Hope ya'll have SO much fun!
XO

Krystyn said...

Anti VD? Too funny!

Totally random, but somewhat related....Izzy was due on 10/13, which happened to be a Friday. We really didn't want that date (not that you get a choice) and she came 20 minutes late to arrive on 10/14. But, Nat decided to come three days early, on 10/13 (which wasn't a Friday), but will certainly be one soon.

And, I soooooo dislike horror movies. They don't do anything for me.

But, a nice evening out with my hubby and dinner? Love it!

Happy V-Day!

Kappa Prep said...

Have a wonderful Valentine's weekend! What a fabulous husband to suggest you spend time together shopping!!

Lindsey said...

Aww have a great weekend with your husband! Happy VDay!

How funny - I'm picky too and don't like really fancy restaurants! I rather go to Olive Garden!=)

Texan Couture said...

Did you hear that Lindsay Lohan is staring the remake of Nightmare of Elm Street, I'm not surehow I feel about this.
Have a great weekend and let us know how the movie is!

Whitney said...

I LOVE the movie Identity!
Have so much fun!

SassyEngineer said...

Haha - you crack me up! I wish I could say that I love scary movies that much, but I am a wimp and just get scared. I'm so weak! I usually try to watch them though, but I can never make it to the end. I hope you enjoy your night, though! Happy V-Day, friend!

Emily said...

ahhh I love this post:) if i could seee you I bet you are smiling ear to ear with excitement for the weekend:) have a great one with the one you love:)

Leslie said...

Anti-V.D...that is so wrong! And hilarious! When I worked in residential life one of my RAs had a party on her floor on Valentine's Day and she called it a "Rotic Party" Romantic without the "man!" So cute.

Practically Perfect... said...

OK - that is pretty funny :-)

d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh, I flippin' love horror movies!!! Have so much fun!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That is too funny! Anti- VD! Have fun this weekend!

morewineplease said...

Sister, you have balls... I cannot do horror films at ALL! The ones I watched in HS still keep me up at night!
have this weekend!

Kyla said...

I went to our movie theatre after work tonight to buy tickets and they were SOLD OUT :( Boooo!!!

Vineyard Vogue said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your hubs!!

Tara Gibson said...

i am on the fence when it comes to horror films.. i will watch them. but i dont like too haha.
hope you had a fab vday!