Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Action

What a wonderful Valentine's Day I had!! I am voting it THE BEST ONE EVER! My husband really out did himself!!



You see, since we are in the midst of buying our first home, we set a budget of $50. Well, he blew that right out of the water. I went slightly over, but he went, up, over, down, around and beyond the budget!



The day started off with me waking up to a FABULOUS SMELL, so I ran in the kitchen and he said (with a smile), "Go get back in bed!!" So, me and the pups, ran back down the hall and leaped back in bed and breakfast was served to me in bed... complete with a rose and the best orange juice drink ever. It was very much like a mimosa. YUM! Then he brought me my first gift! It was a certificate for a couples massage at noon! I was ECSTATIC!!! So at noon we started our day with a 1 hour couples massage. And it was AMAZING!!



We then grabbed lunch at a little local place here and headed home to do some house cleaning and dog grooming. After all that fun we got ready and opened presents (more on that below) and headed to Auburn for dinner. We skipped shopping because cleaning and grooming took a little longer than expected. We waited an hour to eat at Olive Garden but ohhhhh it was worth it!! Soooo yummy, it's just my fave place. Hands down!!



So then, we decided since we had pretty much BLOWN our eating well this weekend, we might as well head on over to Marble Slab Creamery to get some healthy treats (ha-yeah right)!

Home we went for some romantic times :) Complete with lit candles... it was a perfect day!! :)



As for gifts, I got Hubs a gray Under Armour (we are both obsessed with this) workout shirt, a book and two DVDs. (Knocked Up & Step Brothers-we love all of these dumb/hilarious movies) :) ha



He got me "Blades of Glory" (told yall we love stupid/funny movies) "Love Dare" and some amazing (much needed) Under Armour running shoes. I have been dying for these!! My shoes are completely shot! I have always been a New Balance girl , but since my new obsession with Under Armour began I have wanted a pair :) Now I got 'em :) yay! So you see, he did goooood!
(again completely blew budget)



Under Armour Women's White/Pink Proto Speed II Training Shoes

I have enjoyed catching up on all of your Valentine's Day stories today!! :) Back to it...

42 comments:

Superficialgirl said...

Cute shoes! I love pink workout gear! :)

Practically Perfect... said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! The breakfast in bed would be the best part in my opinion :-) And now you can work off your Valentine's dinner + dessert with your new shoes!

The Pink Owl said...

You had a great Valentine's Day!! Let me know how you like the Under Armour shoes--I saw them this weekend and I really liked them! I love UA too, being a police officer, I became slightly obsessed with their stuff ;)

Lindsey said...

Awww what a sweet husband!! You guys are so stinkin' cute and I am so glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

he did great!!!! it sounds like you had a great day with lots of love! bow chicka bow bow!

Courtney said...

Sounds Amazinggg!
I love the pink shoes, super cute :)

Krystyn said...

Sounds like a great valentine's day!

Love the new shoes.

Mojito Maven said...

YAY it sounds like you had so much fun!!!!!!

Love ya chica!!!

xoxox

morewineplease said...

Awww!! What an awesome day! Good job hubby!

Katie said...

way to go hubbie! and I love the pink shoes!

please let us know that drink - if it is as yummy as you say, we need the recipe...pronto!

Glad you had a fab love day!

The Pink Chick said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's!!! Love your new shoes! What a sweet hubby!

Tracy's Porch said...

Y'all are so cute and you totally proved my point from my Valentine's post about when you are a D.I.N.K. Valentine's is different than when you have kids. (not complaining - loved mine - just different).

Props to hubby for breakfast in bed!!! I also love that you got each other silly movies.

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a great time.. I would totally wait an hour for olive garden... what did you get?

Emily said...

ahhh very sweet:) Ur hubby did wonderful:) glad you had such a great day:)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Yay, glad you guys had a great V-day!

Texan Couture said...

Cute shoes! Sounds like you had a great V-Day!

Sherrie said...

Sounds like a great time. I absolutely love those shoes

Missy said...

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love the breakfast in bed, how cute!

Tara Gibson said...

so glad to hear you had a fab vday! love those shoes!!!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

AWESOME!!! What a fun day and your husband is so incredibly thoughtful! :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Aw, sounds very romantic! And you both gave each other perfect gifts! Breakfast in bed? That sounds awesome right about now...

Mrs. Ruby said...

I WANT those running shoes!!! SO cute.

midnight macaroons said...

Wow, you have a great hubby. I love your shoes. My hubby loves "Step Brothers" movie too. We laughed so hard when the realtor comes by to show the house and the brothers are working in the yard. I've got to pull out "Blades of Glory" tonight. All I gotta say is, "Lone Wolf, Baby, Lone Wolf."

Katy said...

Wowo what a great guy. ANd you just went up 100000 points in my book for loving step brothers! Haha!
xo
Katy

*~! megs !~* said...

How sweet!! What a sweet husband!! Glad to hear you had a great day.. I think this was the best year yet for the hubbies! Mine went overboard as well!! Enjoy your new shoes.. I know you'll get plenty of use out of them!!

Kyla said...

Love the shoes! Sounds like you guys had a great day together!!

Britni and Justin said...

Glad you had a great Valentine's!!! Love the shoes!

How did you like the movie? My husband and I also went to see that on Friday.

Mrs. Nurse said...

He did a fabulous job! I love the Olive Garden too. 5 Cheese Ziti is my fav! Mr. Nurse & I have watched Step Brothers quite a few times. A little vulguar...but funny!

Jenny.Lee said...

My hubby says I am a total brand whore when it comes to Under Armour. :) I want those shoes!!!

SassyEngineer said...

I'm so glad you had such a great Valentine's. The massage sounds so divine!

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

What a sweet Husby! Awww, that is presh. :) Glad you had a good one!

skinnyrunner said...

stupid comedies are my favorite! have you ever seen grandma's boy? the stalker in blades of glory is in it, HILARIOUS.
what fun gifts and fun day!!

Ashley said...

I have those exact shoes! My boyfriend got them for me for Christmas...an EXCELLENT motivator for working out! I love them - great for anything from tennis to running to grocery shopping :-)

Kitty Cat said...

I've started a new blog and I'm pregnant!!!

Being Brazen said...

Love the shoes.

Sounds like a great Valentines day.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Wow!! You had a GREAT valentines day!! I love those shoes. I need some new tennis shoes as well =)

With Love from New Orleans said...

Very nice!! How fun! XO

Lucky in Love said...

Sounds like your V-day was lovely!!

Mrs. Cup said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day!!

Laura Sue said...

hey!
just ran across your blog!
LOVE IT! super cute, i'm following you!

sounds like an awesome valentines day! love the shoes -- i need a new pair myself!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Super cute shoes! Hope you're doing well girl!

Sarah Danielle: Jeune Marie said...

Aww - glad y'all had fun!!