Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Westminster Dog Show anyone?

Did anyone else watch this?? Between The Bachelor & The City on Monday and Biggest Loser & Real Housewives of OC on Tuesday, I was able to fit some of the show in. I look forward to this Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show every year!! I mean seriously!! We all know how much I looooove animals and being that dogs are my fave, well this is a MUST SEE for me!

As each breed came on the screen I looked at Hubs and said "Oh I want one!" And I didn't say it just once, I said it like 10 times :) (for the same dog).

The breeds are all so beautiful!! Every single one!! But I of course have some faves!! But one I was surprised about was the BEST IN SHOW winner, the Sussex Spaniel. Not surprised he won, but I had never even heard of that breed. Well maybe heard, but never seen and I am officially in love!!! How beautiful is he?



Such a cool story about Stump: He is the oldest Best In Show winner EVER! He almost died when he was five but he was saved and look at him now :) GORGEOUS! Hopefully one day I will own one!! How can you not love that precious face!! (sigh)



(Shih Tzu) Ch Hallmark Jolei Surfer Girl
I love this breed for OBVIOUS reasons. This little girl reminds me of what Daizy would look like if I let her hair grown (which I would never do-doesn't it look miserable for her?) This breed has my heart and always will! I will always own a Shih Tzu!!


(Dandie Dinmont) Ch King's Mtn Minnie Mouse
I have always wanted one of these-And this name about made me pass out because I have always referred to this breed as the Mickey Mouse Dog :) They are simply to die for. Gorgeous in every way!!



(Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) Ch Timsar Mister Moonlighter

My in laws have one of these so we of course were pulling for this breed!! Their pup, Molly, is just so sweet and precious!!

(Giant Schnauzer) Ch Galilee's Pure Of Spirit

This dog actually won it's Group (Working Group). We were pumped. Hubs had Schnauzers growing up and I have always thought they were gorgeous!!!

(Welsh Corgi) Ch Ryslip History Boy

Oh what can I say about my precious Corgi's?? I will own one (soon!). I have wanted one of these (I know I say that a lot) almost right after I fell in love with Shih Tzus I fell in love with Corgis!! I mean they are so gorgeous!! Hubs is aware of my dog obsession and he knows I want one of these REALLY BAD!!

If they had let Goldendoodles in the show, I would have been going NUTS!

We will own one of these too!! I promise you that :)

34 comments:

Krystyn said...

What about the puli? My friend just told me about these...not so cute.

And, as far as TV goes, I don't even remember the last time I watched a show!

Emily said...

I love the Puli!! I did a blog on them a while back. I saw one on the Dog Whisperer :)

I love dog shows; I'm not a dog person, but I like seeing all the breeds. More variety than my preferred pet (the cat) :)

Tara Gibson said...

i love dogs so much! the winner is absolutely GORGEOUS! i too have never heard of it.

Risa said...

Don't forget about www.petfinder.com ! There are plenty of dogs organized by breed who need good homes in your area. I have the best dog in the world and he didn't come from a breeder--we adopted him from a local shelter. He was housetrained, leash trained and could do basic commands right away and we got him at 5-6 mos. old! He's an angel.

I beg, please adopt!! :-)

The Fabulous Side of Me said...

We have a Corgi and LOVE her. She is the best. We had her before we had kids and I was nervous about how she would react, but she has been great with them. So gentle and loving. I highly recommend getting one!

Vineyard Vogue said...

I didn't get a chance to watch it, but I looove dog shows too! And, oh my goodness I know, goldendoodles are ADORABLE! :)

Kelly said...

I love the dog show too! We have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and a scotty/westie mix so we always pull for those three breeds. I'm with you, I WANT a King Charles Cavalier something fierce!

Mojito Maven said...

well since we are about to get a cavalier i was totally rooting for that one, but I LOVE stump and so glad he won...so cute!

Jennifer said...

The small dogs were all so adorable, but my heart goes to the Siberian huskies! They were all so gorgeous! And it makes me feel good that even the ones that are so well trained are still hard to convince to do what they're supposed to!

aron said...

i was watching some of it!!! but i fell asleep :( i love watching the dog shows. i was just sad i missed the rottie (i have one)!! i am sucker for the BIG dogs :)

Leslie said...

My mom grew up with Corgis and is OBSESSED with them! I have seriously seen her run out the front door when she saw someone walking one on her street just to talk to the owner and pet the dog! I'm a big fan of that Giant Schnauzer...LOVE Schnauzers because they always look like dignified old men to me! Weird, I know!

Muffy said...

I SAW IT!!!! I love the dogs! So well behaved!

Chic Runner said...

thanks for posting these! :) My boss has a HUGE Goldendoodle and he comes to work every day so it's kind of like I have one too ha ha.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

fiona was really proud of the brussels griffon that won the toy group, but she knew that she was much prettier than "Lincoln" the brussels griffon. :)

i always pull for the golden retriever-- no matter what! :)

Milltini said...

I didn't get to see it, but boy do I love a dog show. I think Stump is absolutely precious! I did a post on him too :-)

SassyEngineer said...

I didn't get to watch this year :( I have been re-painting our bedroom and we have a "no TV in the bedroom" policy (or at least my hubby does). Anyway, I always love to see the Basset Hounds! I don't think I have ever heard of a Sussex Spaniel either, but he looks so cute (kind of stubby legs maybe). Anyway, we learned that there are even Basset Doodles now (Basset Hound/Standard Poodle mix), and they are pretty adorable!

With Love from New Orleans said...

Stump is inspiration for my Thumper! If he can come back from almost death so can thumper.. except thumper has some scars... we say he is "new and improved" the scars add character... I WANT the tibetan mastiff... it looks just like a lion! I want to give it a big hug!!

jane in the waiting line said...

i love stump! plus the name is just great. i am so happy he won!

Lindsey said...

Ahhh I love all of these adorable dogs! I have dog fever again! haha!

Emily said...

Ahh you didnt show any malteses:) Thats what my halley is... whose golden doodle is that picture of?? darling... we have a golden and they are just the sweetest:)

Victoria said...

I DID! I love puppy dogs :)

V

SweatPea said...

My parents have a corgi and she is absolutely hilarious. They are soo full of personality I have never met another dog like her.

Kappa Prep said...

I love watching dog shows (and so does our dog!), but sadly I missed the Westminster show this year. However, thanks to you and mother I got a great recap!!

nanc said...

We have a Corgi and as Leslie said it is almost like belonging to a club. People who have Corgis will stop and chat with us when we are out walking. She has a strong herding instinct but has been great with our children. Every morning she is up and down the stairs and goes from room to room getting everyone up. She does linger in those rooms where she can find food!!!
Good luck with your Corgi.

Tracy's Porch said...

You are so cute. I have a fondness in my heart for Goldens (have had two - and have worked rescuing and fostered several before Ashley was born) so LOVE that Goldendoodle. But, like you, just love dogs in general. They are all adorable!

Kitty Cat said...

That dog show looks cute. You must be dog mad!

StylishSuburban said...

Love the dog show and I'm very partial to the Shih Tzu's as well. What's not to love about their adorable little faces. I guess that is being a Shih Tzu Mom.

Kari Beth said...

What cute pups! I love them all! I think Stump definitely derserved the win. What a sweet dog :)

As far as goldendoodles...sweetest dogs ever! You should for sure get one!

Sarah said...

we should totally try to get together!!! I will be alone all day with out a car...if you don't mind picking me up! I love goldendoodles...actually im a fan of almost all poodle mixes:) Keara is a Schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle) and the dog upstairs is a poochie (chihuahua/poodle) (tho that one is a lil ugly if you can imagine!

Katie said...

Corgis!! I have one and my parents have two. They are the best dogs!!

The Pink Chick said...

I love dog shows! All the dogs are so pretty, and I just love the way they get excited when they win!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

YES YES YES!! Dan and I, being new puppy owners, watched it in complete shock! I love that the 10 y/o spaniel won :)

Spare Berry said...

OOoooOoOOOh I always root for the Shih-Tzu, but then again I am biased (I have the worlds BEST Shih-Tzu)! The hubby predicted the tall spaniel would take Best in Show. I was hoping the Otter Hound would win (ugly-cute). Once they dis the Shih-Tzu though... I kinda shut down. However the super sad kennel commercials from Pedigree tug HARD on me! It's all I can do to not run right out & adopt them all!

Janet said...

Hi, My name is Janet Ayers, I am a reputable breeder of quality goldendoodles and I noticed that you have a photo of Honey, one of my goldendoodles on your blog. I am pleased that you liked her photo that much, I would, however, ask that you acknowledge my kennel Ayers Pampereed Pets as the source for the photo. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks Janet