Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WWW


I know I should be ashamed for not posting about WWW the past TWO WEEKS. You know I have been busy because this is one of my favorite things to post about :)
I am happy to report I am holding at 139 this week. :) I have fluctuated between 139 and 142 for the past three weeks. Not bad! I am pretty pleased. It really hasn't been THAT difficult for me to maintain. I think I just finally have the right mind set and really that's what losing weight and keeping it off is all about! Do I have my moments of weakness?? YES! Do I give in sometimes??? YES! I am not perfect!! I will fall off the wagon , but when I do I get right back on :)

Even better news... really I have never cared about that #. I don't REALLY care how much the scale says I weigh. I like to go by my clothes. Well I can officially say, I can't wear 6's anymore. I gradually went from a 10 to an 8 (which I was thrilled about) to a 6 (which I was in pure SHOCK about) to a 4 (which I am still not believing)!! All of my 6 pants are too big. My 6 dresses I bought, too big! Grrr! But I refuse to really invest in any 4's just yet. I never was shooting to be a 4. I was shooting for a 6, but I knew that was a long shot. Even my mom said, "I never though you would get back in a 6!" :) Thanks Mom!

My closet now has quite a variety of sizes, but I am not (nor can I afford to be) in a rush to replenish everything in my closet with smaller sizes!! One out fit at a time... and one pair of pants to the seamstress at a time :)

I will be honest, I haven't been doing the push up or sit up challenge. SHAME ON ME I know!! I do crunches and other ab exercises daily but i haven't followed the challenge. I have been so consumed with doing Body Pump and running that I haven't made time for it. I know, terrible! I have really been enjoying running. It keeps me sane these days :) My legs are getting more shapely! I like that!!
So here is my recipe for the week. I haven't tried it, but the sound (and look) delicious!! :) Let me know if you have tried them or if you do!!
How was your journey on the "Fit Train" this week?
Glazed Pear Muffins (Sweet pear muffins with a slightly-spiced ginger glaze are great for a quick breakfast on the go or a nice brunch.)



POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 12
Preparation Time: 18 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
2 spray(s) cooking spray
2 large pear(s), ripe, with skin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup(s) sugar, granulated
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup(s) fat free sour cream
1 large egg(s), beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
2 cup(s) all-purpose flour, unbleached
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp water, warm, or more if necessary

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375ºF and coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin liners.
Core and chop pears into tiny cubes; place in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, granulated sugar and lemon juice to pears; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and milk; set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
Make a well with a spoon in center of flour mixture and pour in sour cream mixture and fruit mixture, alternating in small batches; mix until barely blended. Do not over beat. (NOTE: Batter will be very thick.)
Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into muffin holes until about 2/3 to 3/4 full; bake until top is golden, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin; remove from tins to racks and cool completely. (Or leave slightly warm to dip into glaze for easier preparation.)
While muffins are cooling, make glaze: Mix powdered sugar, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and warm water together in a small bowl (add another teaspoon of water if glaze is too thick) . Spread a thin layer of glaze over each muffin. Yields 1 muffin per serving.

28 comments:

Mojito Maven said...

YAY!!! Seriously I wear a size 4 and i am SEVERAL inches shorter than you! I am officially jealous! As much as I want to be in a size 2 I just don't think my body will ever let me get there so a 4 it is!

SassyEngineer said...

You already know how I'm doing on the fit train, but I am so proud of you! I think the last time I was a four was middle school or Freshman year of high school. I think I might have to shave my hips off these days :) Anyway, I think I am a little sad to lose weight and give up some of my favorite clothes, but just a little! Being fit is worth it!

Bama Belle... said...

I am so so proud of you! You truly inspire me. The one thing that I have noticed lately is it truly is about the mindset which I finally seem to have. I have been chewing gum late at night like a mad woman thanks to your suggestions. And my trainer told me that my stomach was looking thinner the other day. Yay! It may be time for some pictures soon...

JennyLo said...

Congrats size 4! I love your blog..i just found it a couple of weeks ago. You have inspired me! I mentioned you on my blog today. Thank you for inspiring me!!

Elizabeth said...

I don't think I've ever worn a size 4!!! I have a question - how did you start running? I have always been a walker but have heard what a great workout running is & would love to get started but am a little anxious about it. Any tips would be appreciated!!

KrissyBo. said...

Wow, congratulations!! A size 4 is super tiny, but even more-so since you're tall! I haven't been a size 4 since I got married...thanks for the constant inspiration!! :)

GIRL FROM THE LAND of 10KL said...

You're very inspiring =) Size 4 is awesome! I need to get my butt in gear and get to the gym!

Have a great day today!

jane in the waiting line said...

I saw that recipe too and it looks great! I can't wait to try it.. way to go! You are an inspiration for me who will be attending her first WW meeting today!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I'm so happy for you!!! You're amazing!

I'm 5'8 and when I got into a 4 in pants and a 2 in skirts I kind of freaked out. I just never thought I would get there and never even tried. I can totally relate to what you're saying here. It's a scary number-- almost too good to be true! :) But YOU DID IT!!! And you look amazing.

preppy little dress said...

looks yummy!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Yay, for your size 4 and maintaining! That is awesome! That recipe looks so good!

SouthernAccent said...

So jealous of your size 4! That is so awesome! I keep the before and after pics on you in my head when I don't feel like working out! You're doing so great and are such an inspiration to us all!

katie said...

those look yummy!

Milltini said...

Congrats!!!! That is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Mrs. Cup said...

Yay!!! You're amazing!

Emily said...

ahhh:) yeah!! Soo excited for your size 4! yahoooo!!
My mom made a ww meal last nite... the chicken spagetthi!! It was delish.. it had velvetta cheese in it and rotel.. it was amazing! My husband said it was one of the best meals he had ever had!

Lindsey said...

Woohoo! Congrats to you on the size 4, you are rockin' this!!!

I greatly admire your honesty and am so proud of you! You inspire me friend!

The Pink Chick said...

Way to go! A size 4! That is wonderful! Congratulations! I am not doing as well on the Fit Train, but your WWW always gives me that motivation I need!

*One Step at a Time* said...

Yay Yay!! Congrats on all of your weight loss! It really is incredible and I know you will be able to maintain it no prob! WW truly is a lifestyle change and you are in the right mindset!

I went from a size 12 to now a size 2 and my closet still has 6's in it. As great as losing weight is, it sure is EXPENSIVE! I think it's def time for a new wardrobe though! Let's go shopping! Seriously...I wish we lived closer! :)

*~! megs !~* said...

A 4?!? Seriously. I think I was a 4 when I came out of the womb! And never since then! Congrats girl! That's awesome!

Sarah said...

Whoooo hooo! Thats amazing.. I can't wait until I get to the point that you are at, not ready to loose anymore and excited about the weight that your at!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

So glad to see a WWW post from you..for the millionth time - you are SO INSPIRING!! Thanks for sharing that gorgeous recipe..looks delicious!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I've just recently started WW and I'm trying really hard to stay excited about it. Thanks for the recipe too...I think I'll make it on Valentine's morning for my sweetie and I to share! :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Wow, those muffins look so sinful even though they apparently are not! And another WOW on your sizes! Who cares about the number if you are tightening up your body & maintaining a 4 now! That's great!

Ruggy13 said...

Aww congrats! I've been struggling for the past few weeks and can't seem to get past my lowest weight. I want to lose 10 but I just can't seem to get there! It's so good to know that someone can get there!

Being Brazen said...

WOW - you all the way down to a 4. CONGRATS!!!!

Leslie said...

Those muffins look scrumptious!!!

ChelseaMarie said...

Congrats! I just stumbled across your blog and I am a fellow weight watcher (in need of some serious motivation right now)! Those muffins look delish!
CMFH