Friday, March 20, 2009

House: before

I will do a before and after series on our sweet little new house! So today it the BEFORE :) We will be painting and working on lots of things over the next several months. The entire house was repainted before we bought it so it's in good shape it's just not the colors I want. The outside of the house is kind of a sage green and the shutters are a brick red. We will be painting the house but I am not sure what color yet (any and all suggestions are welcome). The shutters are going to be black!


When you walk in from the garage this is what you walk into :)
This is where our kitchen table will go!
Living room! Where our new furniture now sits :)
Cozy fireplace! We will get gas logs eventually!
The kitchen is painted this pale yellow. I HATE IT! It doesn't go with my kitchen decor I already have so it will be painted asap! And notice that strange bronze covering stuff. It's coming down!! It's not horrible but not my style! We will probably paint the kitchen red. Not 100% sure about that just yet!


Hubs was opening a bottle of non alcoholic champagne to celebrate our closing!! It was pretty good :)



Laundry room (right past the kitchen) Look at this amazing storage space :)

All of the bedrooms are painted an ivory/beige color so I am not in a huge hurry. With time we will paint those. I want to take my time with that! Of course Beanie's room has to be painted at some point before his/her arrival but so we will see :)


Master bedroom. It's bigger than it looks!

Master bath!
Guest bath!
There's this HUGE front room that will house our desk and work space and eventually I will have a nice sitting area to have my quiet time or just spend quality time with Beanie! It has huge windows so it's so well lit! I love that room. One day it could be a huge dining room if need be!!

The foyer when you walk in the front door. HARDWOOD! I wish it was throughout!! I love it!

There's already a fenced in back yard but there are some spots where trees have fallen on the fence so Hubs will be fixing that and we are painting it black. Crazy? Kind of but I really want a black fence :) There is a patio in the back and it's painted red... weird! For Christmas I am asking for a new deck (My hubs and his dad are great at building things and they have built decks before so i am crossing my fingers i get that)!



I am sure that it's going to take some time getting this house in order. and I want to take my time because this one is OURS and I want to make sure that everything is organized and not just slung in some corner or closet! I am pretty impatient about stuff like that but I am really going to try to work hard for a few weeks to get things in order. That however is going to mean workouts will be minimal of non existent! Working out kills my afternoon after work. I didn't workout yesterday and Hubs and I actually got our office packed up (for the most part).

I hope you ladies have a great weekend. I have to work for like 2 hours tomorrow and then my mom is coming in town so we can clean the new house and pack up the old one some more. I always look forward to seeing my mom. I can't wait until she arrives tomorrow.

57 comments:

SLJ said...

Congrats on the baby and house! I am in LOVE with all of the storage you have, especially in the bathroom!

The Mrs. said...

I love the new place, I am jealous! :) Take Care

Lindsey said...

Love the house! It is gorgeous!!

Leslie said...

SO pretty! Love that front room.

Ruggy13 said...

everything looks great!!! congrats!

Tracy's Porch said...

Adorable.

You are going to love all that storage in the laundry room and especially thatyou can close the doors on it if it gets messy.

The Pink Chick said...

Congratulations again on your house! It looks great! I can't wait to see how it looks when you put all your special touches in it!

Krystyn said...

What a perfect house! I love it!

And, for the house color...maybe you will be surprised about the green when you paint the shutters black. There are several houses in our neighborhood with that scheme and I love it!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! (just imagine me jumping up and down and clapping!) I'm so incredibly pumped for you guys! YAY!!

Rachel said...

Great house!!! I love the black fence idea! Good luck and try to take it easy when you can =)!

southern daze said...

It's fantastic! Have so much fun decorating and getting it exactly as you want it. Can't wait to see the "after" shots!

Dollface said...

OMG - can we say gorgeous? Your house is looking amazing! and you two are such a stunning couple... I cannot wait to get to do all those things... love your blog, and hope to see you on mine! xoxo

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i love the house! it is perfect. you'll put your lynds touch on everything in no time! :)

Practically Perfect... said...

The house looks great! Thanks for sharing the pictures :-)

The Pink Potpourri said...

wow! that house is increcible!

be sure to enter today's giveaway for my Free Giveaway Friday!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

Everything looks great!

1 Hot Dish said...

Oh my goodness, I love the house!! I remember the day I closed on my house - such an amazing feeling! I'm so happy for you guys!!

P.S. LOVE all the storage!! ;)

Kappa Prep said...

Your house is so cute! I LOVE the dining room with the wood detailing on the walls. Also, I think it would be pretty to paint the outside a light grayish blue and do black shutters!

Shea said...

Awww your home is beautiful! Perfect for the new little one!


ps. I am super jealous of the bathroom storage!

Erin said...

What a beautiful home! Enjoy it!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

It's gorgeous!!! Yay for you guys!! It's going to look awesome with your new colors and furniture!!

Emily said...

Cute house! The kitchen looks EXACTLY like the kitchen in the house I'm buying right now - my heart skipped a beat when I saw your photos!!! Seriously, the knobs/drawer pulls are the same, as are the counters, window, sink...weird.

Tara Gibson said...

everything looks wonderful!

Nessa said...

Congrats on it all!!! ;) I think painting the outside (shutter and front porch) black and white might give it sophistication. ANd i love your big front room, very nice!

Sarah said...

Wow - that's a beautiful house!! So cute...

That being said, I would say be careful about painting the kitchen red - it makes people hungry. Just a warning from experience...

Mrs. Newlywed said...

OMG that house is SOOO perfect.

When do I get to come over for some non-alcoholic drinks :)

SassyEngineer said...

I love it! It is already so cute, I can't wait to see how you make it yours :) We put up black shutters on our house! Our house is kind of orangeish brick with some kind of greyish blue siding. We are contemplating "whitewashing" the brick, but it might be too much work!

SouthernAccent said...

Love it! I love a ranch - it's gonna be great! Here's a really awesome blog I found recently that has some great renovation ideas that you could probably use! http://www.thisyounghouse.com/

Congrats!

Lucky in Love said...

So exciting about your house. I love reading about it! Can't wait to see your progress!

Have a great weekend with you mom!

Kari Beth said...

your new house is amazing and it looks really good the way that it is! but, i can see where you want to make it "your home" rather than just another house. i love love love that front sitting area...oh my creative juices are flowing with all that awesome trim and stuff! i can't wait to see what you do with the place!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Your house is just perfect! I can't wait to see all that you do to personalize it!

I am jealous! I want a new house too!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh!! It looks gorgeous. Seriously, love it. I knwo taht with your style, it'll look even better! Gosh, you have a great "before"--I'll have to post some of my house's "befores"--it was where wallpaper went to die.

Have a fabulous weekend!

*~! megs !~* said...

I love the new place! Hubs and I have been steadily redecorating ours and I love it!! There's no better feeling than getting your house just the way you want it! Keep those pictures coming!

Megan said...

Its beautiful! Congrats!

All-American Preppy said...

Congratulations, the house is beautiful!!!

Mrs. Nurse said...

I love your house. Cannot wait to see all that you do to it :)

Chic Runner said...

There is a house right by my apt with black shutters and an almost purple color and then mostly white and it looks AMAZING! :) Love the house it's so cute, I'm jealous!

Texan Couture said...

Your new house is great! I esp love the huge front room!

hqm said...

Your house looks beautiful! Look forward to see you turning it into your home!

Cali Girl said...

congrats on your baby and your house... it looks GREAT!!!! xo.

Sarah said...

love the pics of the house, I think your kitchen will look great in red. we painted our guest room brick red and I love, love it!

Petunia said...

The house looks perfect! I love the fireplace!!!
Now you can get busy nesting! :)

midnight macaroons said...

Love your new house. I can't wait to see what it looks like with all your new furniture. I like everything.....Great house!!!

writing4612 said...

Beautiful inside and out. You'll definitely have pleanty of room.

What about painting it a white or tan?

Risa said...

congrats on the new house! It looks great.

Landra Douglas said...

Your house is GORGEOUS! And OHMISTARS CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I love the new house! I can't wait for updates on your progress!

USCEmily said...

It looks like you have some great spaces to work with! I can't wait to see the updates as you make it your own :-)

Emily said...

Im in love with your new house.. love the fridge and the couches and the desk.. love it all soo much that I will be packing my bags this weekend and moving in with you:) ha! I cant sleep on the new couches when I come and visit;)

Miss E said...

What an awesome house, so full of character. And I'm *obsessed* with that front room! I can't wait to see as you move in and personalize it.

What a fun time for you...full of new things and new beginnings :)

LSU Melanie said...

WOW!!! It is so nice..have fun decorating:)

Peace, love, and Big said...

GORGEOUS HOUSE!!

Kitty Cat said...

Haven't checked in with you for a bit, but let me say, that house looks STUNNING!!!! Congrats!

Madison Girl said...

Love the house!!!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I'm moving my show to wordpress! Come check me out at

http://struckbyserendipity.wordpress.com/

PLEASE DELETE THIS COMMENT after you update your reader!

Thanks!

The blogger formerly known as Ms. Florida Transplant :)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys!

My name is Megan... said...

Love the new house!! CONGRATS!!! :)