Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New things all around!!

New baby on the way...


New house...

This weekend we were on the hunt for NEW things :) It's our theme these days! You see, the house we bought has brand new stainless steel appliances in the kitchen EXCEPT a refrigerator. Well we all know how expensive those things are. And well, we do have a baby on the way so we can't be blowing money left and right. I was so thankful when I saw this fridge on Sears.com. It's stainless. Nothing fancy, but it's stainless. That's what I wanted. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have had one of these, but with the cost difference being around $3,000 I thought we better go with the other choice. And it will serve it's purpose just fine! Once we had that it was on to find new living room furniture.

Let me explain why we are buying this NEW. Well, because, I, nor Hubs, has ever owned NEW living room furniture. His has been handed down and used and so has mine. Well we have a NEW house and a NEW baby on the way, it's time for updated and NEW furniture. So we went to several places in town then we went to some places outside of our little town and we found something we both liked (I was shocked)! I wanted leather, he didn't! We got leather :) And we got it for a STEAL!!! I mean seriously! Sofa, love seat and recliner for $1100. And did I mention IT IS NEW????

Here are the pics!





Ok, next mission was a desk. Well we found one we both LOVED but it wasn't exactly what we NEEDED and it was a little pricey! So we went home and got on the Internet... you see, up until now we have had an office, well now our office will be the front room (you will see in pics soon) and it will be for all the world to see. We have been using my desk from college (i.e. piece of crap). But now that this desk will be showcased in our front/sitting room, it has to look presentable! So thanks to Walmart.com we found the perfect desk for us!


So you could say we had a busy busy weekend!! It was jam packed full of house this and house that! But it was fun. And I am feeling like our new house is coming together slowly. This weekend we will start moving. And continue into next week and then finish up next weekend. We are excited, but I will be honest with you. I am tired just thinking and writing about that! Oh me. But thankfully we have some great friends that will be helping us move :) Couldn't do it without them. My mom is coming in town this weekend and next to help us pack, move and clean!! Hub's parents will be assisting too. We are so lucky to have our parents so close!! They can be there for us anytime :)
I have been reading posts ladies, but I don't think I will ever catch up :) Hope your week has been great and you all had a GREAT St Patty's Day! :)

36 comments:

Mrs. Stilettos said...

Girlfriend we are so similar!! A new fridge is one of the first things we bought as expecting parents!! And last year we bought living room furniture just like the leather you have shown! Its so comfy and we will be able to wipe any spills right off...right?! :)

d.a.r. said...

So exciting for all of your new changes!!!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

I love all your new stuff!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

I love all the new furniture - so pretty!

Candice said...

Your new furniture is really pretty! Congratulations on all things new!

Kaitlin said...

such cute goodies! That is a really good deal on the living room furniture!

Being Brazen said...

I love the fridge and leather sofa's. I want such similar stuff to what you are buying.

Gwen said...

I am patiently waiting for our fridge to break down so I can justify a stainless one. It's never going to freaking break!!! Love the sofa set and the desk. I can't wait to see everything all put together. :) XOXO

Tracy's Porch said...

Fun, fun, fun. Love your picks. you will be soooo happy you got the leather. Everything wipes off so easily. We have leather in our family room where we spend most of our time and spills and dog fur come right off. It is a must if you have pets or kids!!!!

Can't wait to see more pix of the house. Enjoy it all!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

I LOVE ALL OF IT! I'm so incredibly excited for your "all things new" -- House, baby, furniture... WOW! I'm totally pumped for you!

Elizabeth said...

All the new stuff looks so nice! I can't wait to see pics of the new house!

SassyEngineer said...

I'm loving all the new stuff! My hubby and I have also been working at slowly replacing our single/college furniture with more grown up stuff. It is nice to prettier things :) I CAN'T wait to see pics of the new house!

Lani said...

That is all so exciting.

And, I'm exhausted for you just from the shopping, let alone the moving.

Glad you've got some great friends to help you out.

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

Love the stainless steel. Congrats on the new furnishings! How exciting. You have a lot of good stuff going on!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I love the furniture and desk you bought. It is such a nice feeling to have a new sofa that is so comfy and is just what you want. I can't wait to see pics of the inside of you house!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I love the furniture and desk you bought. It is such a nice feeling to have a new sofa that is so comfy and is just what you want. I can't wait to see pics of the inside of you house!

Leslie said...

I've been out of town and haven't commented in awhile, but just wanted to say congrats on the new house, baby, and furniture! Such a fun time in your life...so happy for you!

Texan Couture said...

I love your new living room set!

Tara Gibson said...

yeah for new furniture! so fun!!! its all beautiful!

Dollface said...

How cute are your puppies?! I love this blog, totally following!! My boyfriend and I have a pug, and he is adorable!! xoxo

Amanda said...

Love the furniture. It looks great. I am really in need of some myself. Have never owned new. Would love too. Love the next too.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

How exciting for you two!! New furniture is the best! I can't wait to see pics of your new casa!!

Seaside Prep said...

Congrats lovely!!! This is incredible and wonderful news!!! Yay for newbies!!

morewineplease said...

WOW! You have been very busy! Great finds!

Chic Runner said...

Congrats all that stuff is super cute! :) You're new home is going to be perfect!

Lucky in Love said...

What great stuff!! Congrats on your "new" beginning!

Lindsey said...

You are so busy with so much exciting things going on and I am so excited for you!!!

Love the furniture! Can't wait to see the inside of your new house, I bet it's just lovely!!!

Mrs H said...

Yea! Congratulations on all your great finds this weekend! I hope everything continues to go smothly for you.

amy (metz) walker said...

Love the couches...our friends have the same ones and you'll be happy to know that they are virtually indestrucible! ;-)

The Shabby Princess said...

Congratulations on everything going on. We bought a house last year and I know how stressful it can be--and we didn't even have a baby on the way! I love the new furniture, that is so great--I would love to have new living room furniture, but, we just don't have it in the budget right now. I'm so happy for you and all these exciting things. Can't wait to see house pictures--I'm sure it is just gorgeous!

*~! megs !~* said...

You have so much exciting stuff going on right now!! We also have new leather furniture and it is amazing! So easy to clean and so nice to lay on.. Love your new furniture!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Great choices!! We so know how it is with moving! We have done it so many times so far, our last move we had each box labeled and the contents entered into a spreadsheet haha! Although my Mom said we've moved so many times she's not going to help us anymore =)! So exciting for you guys!

midnight macaroons said...

I’m absolutely thrilled for you both. The pieces you have chosen are beautiful and I’m sure they will look stunning in your new place. Congratulations on the new fridge too!

M and G said...

We were at Sears the other day looking at fridge's too!! I love the stainless!

Té la mà Maria - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

BAJohnson said...

Congrats on all your new things! They are all soo great. I think everyone I know gets new furniture before a baby!